Launceston Newspaper Gets Caught Publishing Letter About Non-Existent Transgender Incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Having grown up in Launny, I've got extremely personal reasons for thinking The Examiner is a low rent rag. It would appear that things haven't improved, given this stuff up.

Who the editor is is illuminating though.
"Mr Westfield was appointed editor of the Examiner — Tasmania's second-largest newspaper, and Australia's third oldest — in December.
He was a former media adviser to prime minister Malcolm Turnbull.
Mr Westfield also advocated for the preselection of failed Liberal candidate Katherine Deves at last year's federal election and served as her campaign manager and media adviser."

Last edited:
The Examiner is a rubbish newspaper?

I'm shocked to be sitting here.

I'm old enough to remember them running Gunns promotional material in full as "news" and fake letters to the editor when we were railing against the pulp mill.

The Examiner is a rubbish newspaper?

I'm shocked to be sitting here.

I'm old enough to remember them running Gunns promotional material in full as "news" and fake letters to the editor when we were railing against the pulp mill.
Believe me, I'm as shocked to be sitting here as you are......

The way the right wing media is trying to make trans issues the front and centre thing for Australia is pretty stupid, sure it worked in the US because those people are cooked as s**t, but the reality is economical and climate concerns will always be in the forefront of Australian minds much more so than cultural wars bullshit

Seriously, I wonder what would happen if this so-called 'journalism' led to trans people in the area being assaulted or even murdered?

Well death threats are being made to cancel drag library reading events. Plus the violent anti-drag council protests. I’d also say the first anti-drag protest by the Young Libs in Brisbane where they stormed into the event and started yelling “drag queens are not for kids” right in front of children leaving them in tears was pretty violent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back