Leeds in trouble again...

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah my best mate is a Leeds fan and I think he's starting to lose interest in football due to the mess that's going on at the club.

Yeah no doubt Jatz. Like or lump them, they are a massive club but their offield issues seemingly hold them back from progressing back to the EPL. I might not agree with Ashley's running of Newcastle but all things considered, it could be far worst!

How do you feel towards Leeds these days?

Don't get me wrong, I'll always support the club.

It's just disappointing how, just when we seem to be getting somewhere, we end up in another mess which halts any form of progress towards promotion. Need a strong, stable back room to make a good run at it.

On-field, selling all our best players to Norwich hasn't helped at all. No doubt they'll be in for McCormack this summer (though I'm sure others will as well)

Don't get me wrong, I'll always support the club.

It's just disappointing how, just when we seem to be getting somewhere, we end up in another mess which halts any form of progress towards promotion. Need a strong, stable back room to make a good run at it.

On-field, selling all our best players to Norwich hasn't helped at all. No doubt they'll be in for McCormack this summer (though I'm sure others will as well)
It's always the fans that cop it in the neck. The big farts with the doe don't give a s**t about the club and screw everything up and what does the FA do, dock points from the team instead of having these mongrels hanged, drawn and quartered and the fans suffer!

I do love seeing Leeds going s**t, but this is a whole new level.

Just so hard to compete in English football right now, can't see it changing anytime soon. Hope they pull out of this ASAP.

If this is true what a ******* farce these parachute payments are.

Scotland international McCormack, who has been unsettled since Cellino took over earlier this year, is leaving to join Fulham in a £10million deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't help them. They'll have a 22mil forward line and still won't get promoted (imo).

Of course it will helps them. It gives them a huge advantage in being able to sign and hang onto quality players.

The fact their forward line will consist of players worth more than half of their oppostions own playing budgets is utter bullshit.

If they can afford to have 2 strikers worth 22 million they don't need any extra hand outs.

I don't know what the point of the Italian takeover was? Clearly he doesn't have any more cash than the previous owners.

If that bit about Hockaday is correct, Leeds are in big, big trouble.

He did well Cagliari and turned that club around, but he's made some really strange decision at Leeds, particularly Hockaday and the plan to buyback Elland Road.

Of course it will helps them. It gives them a huge advantage in being able to sign and hang onto quality players.

The fact their forward line will consist of players worth more than half of their oppostions own playing budgets is utter bullshit.

If they can afford to have 2 strikers worth 22 million they don't need any extra hand outs.
How'd that extra cash go for Wolves?

I agree the payments are ridiculous but that doesn't guarantee them success. The rest of their squad is very average.

He did well Cagliari and turned that club around, but he's made some really strange decision at Leeds, particularly Hockaday and the plan to buyback Elland Road.
There will be a player revolt if he keeps it up. Hard to see how this ends well for them at this stage.

How'd that extra cash go for Wolves?

I agree the payments are ridiculous but that doesn't guarantee them success. The rest of their squad is very average.

Teams should not be getting financially rewarded for failing. Nor should they get an unfair advantage for failing.

Wolves would be even more in the s**t without the handouts. Thus they gained advantages from the payments.

Teams should not be getting financially rewarded for failing. Nor should they get an unfair advantage for failing.

Wolves would be even more in the s**t without the handouts. Thus they gained advantages from the payments.

So how are teams meant compete in the Premier League if they're terrified of the consequences of being relegated? The earnings gap between the Premier League and the Championship makes it impossible to stay in the Prem without considerable outlay, without parachute payments teams would be going insolvent from simply trying to stay up and failing.

So how are teams meant compete in the Premier League if they're terrified of the consequences of being relegated?

Ask the fat cats who set up that pile of s**t competition and system.

The earnings gap between the Premier League and the Championship makes it impossible to stay in the Prem without considerable outlay, without parachute payments teams would be going insolvent from simply trying to stay up and failing.

So rather than fix their system they create another which in the long term will ruin the competition under it.

Brilliant.

You have absolutely no way of knowing what would have happened to Wolves without the payouts.

If Brighton get promoted next season and then relegated the previous one, you'll need the parachute payments.

Perhaps the amount needs to be reduced greatly but the concept of the payments isn't a bad one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back