A-League A-League Men Round 19 - Its The Big Blue, Again!

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 19, It seems like we are playing the some games every week. Back around we go with another Big Blue. But the most important matches are the two top four matches this weekend. The first on Friday night at Coopers Stadium between Adelaide United V Melbourne City. Than Saturday evening we have Western Sydney Wanderers V Central Coast Mariners juicy clashes that could consolidate the top Four placings.

A-League Round 19

Friday 3rd March
Adelaide United V Melbourne City 7:45pm ESDT, 7:15pm CSDT, Coopers Stadium

Saturday 4th March
Wellington Phoenix V Newcastle Jets 1:00pm ESDT, 3:00pm NZLT, Sky Stadium
Western Sydney Wanderers V Central Coast Mariners 5:00pm ESDT, CommBank Stadium
Western United V Perth Glory 5:00pm ESDT, 2:00pm WST, Mars Stadium Ballart
Sydney F.C V Melbourne Victory 7:45pm ESDT, Allianz Stadium (Live On 10 Bold, check local guides)

Sunday 5th March
Macarthur F.C V Brisbane Roar 3:00pm ESDT 2:00pm EST, Campbelltown Stadium (Live On 10 Bold, check local guides)

Predictions: City 2-1 Nix 2-0 WSW V CCM 2-2 WU 1-0 SYD V VIC 1-1 MAC 2-1

Enjoy the football this weekend

Cracker round. Super Saturday with back to back games.

Top 4 all playing each other. Finals previews ahead, and the chasing pack all have the chance to make their case for a finals spot with a win.

Should be done bumper crowds tonight and at the big blue.

Hindmarsh is a ripper of a boutique stadium since the upgrade. Reckon all that's needed is to put a roof over both ends and fill the corners in with seats.

It's a pity its not big enough to host Socceroos/Matildas games there. (Not that the SydneyFA ever award International games to Adelaide anyway.

My biggest pet hate of the FFA (more than moving the Granny's to Sydney for the next 3 years which I can understand to help all A League clubs get back on their feet financially after the Covid Disaster) is why 90 percent of Socceroos internationals (and to a lesser extent Matildas) are held in Sin City. Melbourne gets thrown the odd crumb now and then, and it's far worse for football fans in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

Just pisses me off. And has so for years.

That'll be an amazing atmosphere - Adelaide (the city)'s carrying domestic football right now 🥰

Yet City gets (most) of the Silverwear these days. The pride of Victoria!

Seriously would love to a see a City v Adelaide Grand Final this Year (or better yet Welly :) )

Yet City gets (most) of the Silverwear these days. The pride of Victoria!
Yet Adelaide doubles your home crowds ;)
Seriously would love to a see a City v Adelaide Grand Final this Year (or better yet Welly :) )
I will accept any of those combinations 😁

Is there any hope for a boutique stadium in Wellington of around 15k capacity? Westpac seems too big for the "Nix unless they are playing finals matches.
From what I understand and have read, the only possibility I could see is an upgrade of a current local ground, as there's not a lot of room around. And even then, when that was an option in the mid 2010s, the locals complained and haulted any progress 🥴

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back