Leigh Montagna's top 10 for Multicultural Round

Remove this Banner Ad

So what do you guys think of that list. I think Joey has got it pretty spot on. Geez there is some talent in that list!

1. Stephen Silvagni (Italian)
2. Mark Ricciuto (Italian)
3. Peter Matera (Italian/aboriginal)
4. Nick Riewoldt (Germany)
5. Anthony Koutafidies (Itialian/Greek)
6. Glen Jackovich (Croatia)
7. Jim Stynes (Ireland)
8. Peter Daicos
9. Saverio Rocca (Italian)
10. Daniel Kerr (India)

So what do you guys think of that list. I think Joey has got it pretty spot on. Geez there is some talent in that list!

1. Stephen Silvagni (Italian)
2. Mark Ricciuto (Italian)
3. Peter Matera (Italian/aboriginal)
4. Nick Riewoldt (Germany)
5. Anthony Koutafidies (Itialian/Greek)
6. Glen Jackovich (Croatia)
7. Jim Stynes (Ireland)
8. Peter Daicos
9. Saverio Rocca (Italian)
10. Daniel Kerr (India)

Looks fair to me. I guess if you did the next ten they would also be pretty good.

Isn't this reverse racism against Anglo-Saxons when an Anglo-Celtic is included.

Isn't this reverse racism against Anglo-Saxons when an Anglo-Celtic is included.

Something like 40% of Australians (including me) can trace their ancestory to Ireland - so it seems a big silly to include Big Jim in "multi-cultural" round.

But then again "multi-cultural" round itself, is a silly, embarassing, preening, hectoring, posturing nonsense, so que sera, sera (see how "multi-cultural" I was, writing in French?)

No Spiro Kourkoumelis. No Jose Romero. Sedat Sir. Sandford Wheeler. Tough to fit them all in I suppose.

Stephen Silvagni is about as Italian as Holden. Didn't his dad play for Carlton before he was even born.

Seriously, this is more a list of "Best players with Foreign sounding names". Such a list should be confined to players actually born in another country to have any sort of meaning.

The guidelines used are "at least 1 parent born overseas"

Something like 40% of Australians (including me) can trace their ancestory to Ireland - so it seems a big silly to include Big Jim in "multi-cultural" round.

But then again "multi-cultural" round itself, is a silly, embarassing, preening, hectoring, posturing nonsense, so que sera, sera (see how "multi-cultural" I was, writing in French?)

Difference is he was born there. I mean none of the players on that list are there because their great great great great great grandfather moved here during the gold rush or whatever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In celebration of Montagna's list, let's hope the AFL gives Spotless the arse for the week and allows us to enjoy multicultural cuisine like what Nick Riewoldt grew up on - hefeweizen, pretzels, hefeweizen, bratwurst w/sour kraut and hefeweizen this Friday night in the outer. Start making moves like that and I'm all for multicultural round.

Hehe, don't believe ive seen a current player in any of these 'best of' lists. Despite that Houli is probably pretty upset at being made a scapegoat by being left out of Leigh Montagna's top ten.

Houli will bring this up in the 2014 multicultural round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back