Let's talk about... Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

During the call of the game yesterday on ABC radio the commentators made reference to an incident that Bailey Smith “ would not want to see again” or words along those lines. I thought that was the cause of this thread not just some p take.
Did anyone else see it? I have no idea what it was ( I think it was in 3Q but could be wrong)

Looks like the ‘Cotton-On’ contract and ‘life’s pressures’ have turned him into a front running soft-cokc. Treloar looks like Robbie Muir compared to him.

Private school pampers these kids, everything is too hard.

They sure do make em’ different up there in Queensland!

During the call of the game yesterday on ABC radio the commentators made reference to an incident that Bailey Smith “ would not want to see again” or words along those lines. I thought that was the cause of this thread not just some p take.
Did anyone else see it? I have no idea what it was ( I think it was in 3Q but could be wrong)
Marlon Pickett was lining him up so Smith chose to not take possession and thus avoided contact. That’s my guess. Marlon has a habit of trying to crunch blokes as do quite a few of the tigger floppers .

Bailey Smith was running very hard in the last qtr. That gut-busting running is another type of bravery.
He had a bit of a shocker during the game and pulled up a bit short on a few occasions, but he certainly did lift in the last. Credit to him, hope he sees him rediscover his form. I could really do without him kicking on his left for no reason.

Pretty sure there was a kick in the middle of the ground which he could have intercepted but he went up with a pretty disappointing one handed effort rather than attacking it

Bailey Smith reminds me of Ryan Griffin. He wasn't exactly a physical player either and his first few years were poor defensively. I believe only maturity will help Smith be more the player we want him to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith reminds me of Ryan Griffin. He wasn't exactly a physical player either and his first few years were poor defensively. I believe only maturity will help Smith be more the player we want him to be.
If he becomes as good as peak Griff I will be jubilant.

Yes, he's a soft player who has been severely overrated. I just don't think he's particularly good at anything, as the Champion data blokes pointed out. Too soft to be a ball winner but doesn't have the skills to be an outside player. I think he's destined to be a B-grader. I don't think it has anything to do with where he went to school though.

I think what we have to determine is he is going to be a very high paid player once people like bont, McRae and treloar go. Question is..... can he perform to that standard?

Reminds me of the French in WW2 - in the wrong f**kiing direction

How do you think you would have gone in the trenches?

I mean this thread has obviously established yourself as a tough nut contested beast footy player who would charge through bricks for the love of the jumper.

How do you think you would have gone in the trenches?

I mean this thread has obviously established yourself as a tough nut contested beast footy player who would charge through bricks for the love of the jumper.
Against the Germans? Brisdog would have had a crack, killed 4-6, been blow up by artillery fire and then run over by a German tank to finish me off.

Seriously, when was a doggies supporter group so easily offended by questioning a players testicular fortitude? F**k me - what a bunch of soft posters. Looking to be offended and outraged.

Against the Germans? Brisdog would have had a crack, killed 4-6, been blow up by artillery fire and then run over by a German tank to finish me off.

Seriously, when was a doggies supporter group so easily offended by questioning a players testicular fortitude? F**k me - what a bunch of soft posters. Looking to be offended and outraged.
Ironically this post comes across as defensive and offended.

Crap thread. Courage can come in different forms too. He had the courage to run out the whole of the last quarter without a break on Saturday due to our rotations being compromised. He was still running hard at the end of the game.

If you watch the game back he’s at the bottom of plenty of packs.

This thread should be removed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back