Player Watch Levi Greenwood (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

His footskills wasn't noticably as bad last week either against Geelong. Granted they didn't provide much pressure, heres hoping it's a sign of good things to come. Will be a massive inclusion next year. Reality is, a fully fit Greenwood, a fully fit Reid and we beat Hawthorn, Port, Sydney, Richmond the first time, Bulldogs and Fremantle and our season is so different. Another pre season into guys like De Goey, Moore, Shaz, Broomy, Maynard and even better again. Good signs!

Has had a very good last fortnight and has shown why we went hard for him last trade period.

Hopefully he can get a good run at it next year. If he can get it 20+ and limit the effectiveness of a quality opposition mid then he will be a real asset.

With Crisp being able to do a similar job you would think it will be a struggle for Caff to play a role in the best 22 next season.

His last two matches have been absolute quality where he obtained very similar stats against Richmond and Geelong and nullified the influence of key midfielders in Cotchin and Selwood.

Greenwood's Stats:
Round 21 v Richmond: 24 disposals, 13 kicks, 11 handballs, 4 marks, 10 tackles
Round 22 v Geelong: 21 disposals, 13 kicks, 8 handballs, 4 marks, 10 tackles

Anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing his progression in 2016 where hopefully he will be injury-free and won't have any setbacks along the way. Fingers crossed!
one thing on this as well is that I recall many saying that the loss of Beams would impact our Goal kicking midfield ability however I believe that Greenwood is going about 1 goal per game. and his definitely stopping more then Beams ever did with his two way running.

Settle. Crisp could well in truely delisted in 2-3 years as could Greenwood for that matter given he has played one good year. Neither are B graders. Not saying they will be but I'd be pulling my head in to actually watch how they go for a season before we start bragging about winning trades.

well the year is almost up....the question now is whether to brag or not to brag...or to keep the options open and brag on alternate weeks...

well the year is almost up....the question now is whether to brag or not to brag...or to keep the options open and brag on alternate weeks...
Quote is strong.
Well I did say Levi won't win our best and fairest this season. He hasn't gone close. Can't win them all.

Crisp Id give a 6/10 for his year.
Levi Id give a 3/10.
Varcoe 9/10.

Harry had a good year for Melbourne.7/10
Beams 8/10

Bit of a mixed bag really. We made the most of it.

Quote is strong.
Well I did say Levi won't win our best and fairest this season. He hasn't gone close. Can't win them all.

I should have put the quote in context. You said it earlier this year. It was a pretty reasonable statement. What do you think of them after that season you were talking about?

Levi Id give a 3/10.
Varcoe 9/10.

Beams 8/10

Harry a 7? I doubt Melbourne supporters would be anywhere near that generous, statistics also point to a marked drop off from previous years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Levi Id give a 3/10.
Varcoe 9/10.

Beams 8/10

Wat? Crisp has gone from fringe player to likely top 5 in our best and fairest and he gets a 6? Harry gets a 7? He's been well below his best this year, becoming a favorite whipping boy for Dees fans.

Beams had a fantastic year up until he injured himself. Far better than Varcoe, who you've bizaarely given the best mark of all to. He's had a great year, but 9/10 is a bit OTT...

Wat? Crisp has gone from fringe player to likely top 5 in our best and fairest and he gets a 6? Harry gets a 7? He's been well below his best this year, becoming a favorite whipping boy for Dees fans.

Beams had a fantastic year up until he injured himself. Far better than Varcoe, who you've bizaarely given the best mark of all to. He's had a great year, but 9/10 is a bit OTT...
Crisp had a very very poor last two months. Part of the reason for us losing 9 games was his drop off.

Levi Id give a 3/10.
Varcoe 9/10.

Beams 8/10

Not a chance in hell that Lumumba has had a better season than Crisp. It isn't even close.

Crisp had a very very poor last two months. Part of the reason for us losing 9 games was his drop off.
He's had a grand total of two bad games since the bye.

Freo - 20 disposals and a goal
Hawks - 28 disposals and a goal
Port - 22 disposals and a goal
Eagles - 31 disposals
Dogs - 15 disposals (below average)
Melbourne - 25 disposals
Carlton 23 and a goal
Sydney - 24 and a goal
Richmond - 18 and 0.2 (below average)
Geelong - 31 disposals

Do you even watch games? How do you come up with this bullshit of very very poor for te last two months? He's been one of our most consistent players.

Eagles - 31 disposals
Melbourne - 25 disposals
Carlton 23 and a goal
Sydney - 24 and a goal
Geelong - 31 disposals

Do you even watch games? How do you come up with this bullshit of very very poor for te last two months? He's been one of our most consistent players.

One word. Troll.

Eagles - 31 disposals
Melbourne - 25 disposals
Carlton 23 and a goal
Sydney - 24 and a goal
Geelong - 31 disposals

Stats mean nothing. You can collect the ball doesn't mean you play well. He was poor for the two months we lost.

Stats mean nothing. You can collect the ball doesn't mean you play well. He was poor for the two months we lost.
Bullshit. You only say stats mean nothing when they prove that you're full of s**t.

Lubumba played like a complete spaz the first game against us, and played decent the next and you have him a 7/10 for his year. I'll wager those are the only two games you've seen him play.

I'm not sure what the attraction is in making yourself look like a complete imbecile, but there must be something about it that you like given you do it so consistently.

Eagles - 31 disposals
Melbourne - 25 disposals
Carlton 23 and a goal
Sydney - 24 and a goal
Geelong - 31 disposals

Correct that is a shocking call 6/10 lol.
Hes probably been our most consistent player behind Pendles and Swan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back