Traded Lewis Taylor (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lion cub wants win at old den

HE HAS roared into second favourite for the AFL’s Rising Star award but Brisbane forward Lewis Taylor is far more concerned about claiming an upset win on his old stamping ground in Geelong tonight. But the diminutive hard nut is not contemplating any sort of individual glory. The Geelong Falcons TAC Cup product is more intent on helping Brisbane upset the Cats’ bid to secure third spot on the ladder and a Melbourne-based final against Hawthorn next weekend. “I haven’t thought about it (Rising Star) much at all. That stuff doesn’t really faze me to be honest,’’ Taylor said. “I won’t be getting too stressed about it. “All I am worried about is beating Geelong and finishing the season on a high.

“I spent three years at the Falcons so it will be good to go back there. I’ve played on Simonds Stadium a few times and there will be a few family and friends there so it would be great to finish with a win. “They are a great attacking side. You can’t afford to give them any space or they will cut you up. Our defensive pressure has to be spot on.’’ Taylor was widely expected to be drafted by the Cats last year. However, he surprisingly slid down to pick No. 28 when the Lions gladly pounced. Taylor, who recently extended his original two-year contract by another season, has repaid the faith by not missing a senior game in 2014. He has kicked 11 goals and averaged almost 17 disposals per game with a season-high 26 touches against Fremantle last Sunday.

815749-e9d38ce6-2f5f-11e4-a639-0fb2d2d716a3.jpg

Lions, Sun lead race for Rising Star

QUEENSLAND footy is set to dominate today’s Rising Star function with Lion Lewis Taylor and Sun Kade Kolodjashnij in line to claim the quinella in the annual award. The 18-year-old also believes Taylor can take out the gong. “Lewey has played every game and he played a really exciting brand of football so he certainly stands out,’’ Aish said. “I had a few games I was happy with and a few games that were pretty average but overall I was happy to play as many games as I did in my first year.’’

Jeez, what is Cameron Ling on?

Cameron Ling
5 – James Aish
4 – Luke McDonald
3 – Tom Langdon
2 – Marcus Bontempelli
1 – Luke Dunstan

Jeez, what is Cameron Ling on?

Cameron Ling
5 – James Aish
4 – Luke McDonald
3 – Tom Langdon
2 – Marcus Bontempelli
1 – Luke Dunstan
I dunno man I'll ask him next time I see him. Hopefully what I'm on that's the good shieeeet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During that interview I had the biggest smile on my stupid face....with eyes that just kept watering everywhere.

How could anyone not love this boy!:hearts:

This bloke is a gem. Just how the hell did he slide to 28? And we got him?

Best of all about his AFL 360 interview, where he came across as very unassuming but at the same time quite confident [bit like he plays actually], is he made it quite clear he ain't going anywhere. And all on a 4 week pre-season.

Is it just me or are we beginning to hit some KPI's- Rising Star, jumper sorted [apparently], a CEO who appears to know what he's talking about, maybe some dough, hunting others for a gun or two, Aish negotiating, Martin re-signed.

What the hell has happened?

Best of all about his AFL 360 interview, where he came across as very unassuming but at the same time quite confident [bit like he plays actually], is he made it quite clear he ain't going anywhere. And all on a 4 week pre-season.

Is it just me or are we beginning to hit some KPI's- Rising Star, jumper sorted [apparently], a CEO who appears to know what he's talking about, maybe some dough, hunting others for a gun or two, Aish negotiating, Martin re-signed.

I know what you mean....sometimes I feel it's a bit scary, we are not used to good things happening of recent years.

Sure seems like all planets are aligning though........was thinking today that Bucks won the RS then Chris Scott...then glory.

Rich wins a few years ago, now Lewy.....with our group coming through, can't help thinking of glory again.....its in the stars!!

Quality people. Quality outcomes ;)

:hearts:Oh my goodness .first time I have seen that and it brought tears to my eyes.
What a special young man he is and how lucky we are to have him.
He has the most beautiful eyes, it is like you can see into his soul.
Have not felt like this about a new player for a very long time.
Hope he has a fantastic career with us..
Well done to his Dad too ,deserves much praise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back