Traded Lewis Taylor (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Woohoo proof that the club actually reads the emails I send them :p I admittedly sent this one in whilst we still had Yeo but it's nice to be acknowledged :). Also very glad to see that the Fitzroy link extends to Taylor's father.

Lewis 'Squizzy' Taylor - taking another run during a 2012 Geelong Falcons vs Murray Bush Rangers
lhwv.jpg

[freddie foto]

Asked about his first impressions of Brisbane
@LewyTaylor7: @Kennytran_7 unreal mate and yeah hopefully

Boomer comparison for Lions' boom recruit
November 28, 2013
Mike Whiting

Asked about the comparison to Harvey – who stands 172cm and 75kg – Taylor was happy to admit how much an admirer of the Kangaroo he is.

"I'm a big fan of Boomer," Taylor said.

"I just like the way he plays the game, takes it on. He's obviously been around for a long time and I've loved watching him.

"He's about my height as well, so he's good to watch and follow and learn things off."
292964-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee.....a bit harsh on Boomer there jackess.

Personally, I kinda like "the way he goes about it"

I haven't forgiven him for I think in 2012 Wingard was pinned on the ground in a tackle and Harvey elbowed him in the face. Somehow he only got a reprimand.

Hopefully he won't be a dirty, gutless sniper like Boomer is.

Yep, with his size, hopefully he turns into a modern day Luke Power.

No pressure, but it would be a dream if Aish/Taylor resembled our 97 draft in claiming Power/Black, although don't mention O'Bree.

I haven't forgiven him for I think in 2012 Wingard was pinned on the ground in a tackle and Harvey elbowed him in the face. Somehow he only got a reprimand.

He's got a fair bit of form over the years as well.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-01-20/hampden-recruits-unite

However, unlike Moloney, Brown and Maguire, Taylor is NOT a product of South Warrnambool.

The 18-year-old is, in fact, from Terang Mortlake, which is still part of the Hampden Football Netball League and produced the likes of former Fitzroy star Leon Harris.

Having four players from the same country Victorian football league is rare, and something that Moloney says has brought the quartet closer together.

“I think it is great for the Western District area,” Moloney recently told The Standard.

“People follow the guys throughout their careers. Browny and Goose (Maguire) helped me and Lewy Taylor will be a ripper for us.

“He’s a good kid too.”

Moloney has been impressed by Taylor’s attitude and energy since he arrived at the Club, despite the fact he’s been nursing a minor foot complaint.

“He’s coming off a foot injury so they’ve held him back a little bit but he works hard so I can’t wait to see him on the track,” Moloney said.

“The first-year players they hold back in their first few months.”

Let's make this very clear - Lewy Taylor is from Mortlake - Mortlake FC folded in it's own right in 1998, played as a merged unit (The Western Lions) with Derinallum for the 1999 season before it folded one game into the 2000 season. At some point in the 2000's Terang merged with carcass of Mortlake (read bank accounts and volunteers) and rebranded itself as Terang Mortlake - keeping its colours, logo and home ground for all but two games.

Leon and Bernie Harris were both recruited from Mortlake (Leon playing as a 15 year old in the clubs last Hampden FL Premiership team in 1975). Lewy is fourth generation Mortlake stock - solid:thumbsu: Bernie Harris coached Terang on his return from the AFL. Mortlake v Terang games were "spirited" in the day and many an onfield squabble was settled in the crowd.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/we...-2014-afl-season/story-fnelctok-1226808730573

BRISBANE - Lewis Taylor $117,300 (fwd/mid)
His size (175cm) may have put off recruiters, allowing him to slip to pick 28 in the draft, but don't let it deter you from picking him in your SuperCoach side. The pocket rocket from Mortlake, in Victoria's western district, captained Vic Country at the national under-18 championships where Champion Data rated him elite for disposals, clearances, contested and uncontested possessions. He won the second-most disposals in the TAC Cup last season playing for the Geelong Falcons, including seven 30+ games. The Lions need to inject some new blood, he has dual-position status and by falling out of the top 20 in the draft he also missed the extra cost that comes with those high picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back