Traded Lewis Taylor (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

The last few weeks Taylor has been involved in our better looking phases. Credit to the kid who gets himself in the right positions then makes the right decisions - underrated aspects of his game. Look through the highlights over the last few games and you'll see he's right in the goal scoring chains - if not finishing them.

Dunno if it was noticable live, but on tv you could see him busting a gut to make a good position, only to be ignored. BY the AFL stats he only had 14 touches, but his effort & smarts were worth much more. When our awareness improves, he will be so much more effective & become a real assett.

Don't understand calls for him to be dropped.

Terrific kid with great work ethic ....many more worse than him in the last few weeks.

And please don't give me the old "needs a rest line"................,I really believe this kid thrives on hard work.

Keep him in the side:thumbsu:

Disagree on pretty much everything there. He's getting exposed defensively, and he's only getting a moderate number of possessions, and hasn't been particularly damaging. He hasn't really improved much since round 2 which suggests either he's not sure what he's doing or he's getting tired.

Either way he could benefit more than most from a few NEAFL games.

thought he was good last night , kid adds speed we dont have and lifts the tempo

Showed some of his nice agility and tight side steps to work his way out of traffic. This kid could have kicked a lot more goals by now if players spotted him. He has an enormous work rate and gets free inside 50 often. We just arent use to looking for players like him.

Many clubs are going to regret passing on this kid. One of those players who is probably top 10 talent wise but overlooked because of his height. He is just a great footy player and he will be a gun after another couple of pre seasons when he bulks up and improves his fitness. He is a real excitement machine and a key member of the mozzies(Goose prefers the Dwarf Crew) with Zorks and Greeny.

Anyway here is the "Brew with Goose" vid of him:

What a cutie.If you won him in a raffle you would keep him:p
He's a real sweetheart at training too ceebee. Plonked himself down by the BRITS (rusted on trainee-attendees) early-on and had a good natter with 'em. Won their hearts, fair to say. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a real sweetheart at training too ceebee. Plonked himself down by the BRITS (rusted on trainee-attendees) early-on and had a good natter with 'em. Won their hearts, fair to say. ;)
You can just tell that, but lovely to hear anyway.
Wish him a long and successful career as a Lion.xo

I live in East Bris are the the BRITS the Mother and Daughter I see around the Gabba all the time? They are committed !

THE BRISBANE Lions have salvaged at least one positive from the wreckage of their 87-point loss to North Melbourne after Lewis Taylor received the round nine NAB AFL Rising Star nomination.

Taylor, in just his ninth AFL game, gathered 20 touches, took eight marks and laid three tackles in another encouraging display. It's been an impressive start to what should be a long career for last year's Vic Country under-18 captain, who admitted playing every game so far was above his expectations.

But a raft of injuries to senior players has handed opportunities to the Lions' youngsters and the new breed is giving hope to supporters, even though the club and players accept it will be a bumpy road ahead. "Having a young group the coaches are going to expect us to be up and down, I suppose that comes with maturity and experience," Taylor told AFL.com.au. "They're pretty keen to bleed as many games as they can into us and fast-track our experience which is good. "We don't use that as an excuse, we go out there and give it our all.

"(Coach Justin Leppitsch) is always happy for us to take the game on. He's going to expect mistakes ... that just happens but he's happy for us to take the game on and have a crack." In most games this season, the Lions have 'had a crack', but there's no doubt the bye has come at a good time. "Yeah, the bye will be good, probably more mentally than physically at the moment for me," Taylor said.

"You're in at the club every day training, looking at vision – it's obviously different to TAC (Cup) where you're in there two times a week and you're in at the club four to five times a week. "I might go fishing for a couple of days, just fishing and taking it easy. "It will be good to switch off for the four days and come back against Carlton and hopefully have a win."

The time off is a chance for Taylor to take a deep breath and reassess his goals since being drafted. "The first thing on my mind wasn't playing games, it was probably getting up there, working hard and training hard and trying to get the respect of the group," Taylor said. "Playing round one I was pretty excited, I would've liked to play a few games – that was the goal – but to play every one so far has been good. "If I can play my role for the team and keep giving 100 per cent every week hopefully I can stay in the team."

Link

Well done young man, & a worthy rcipient. Was thinking whilst watching Sat that I have never seen a bloke that looked such a natural footballer in my life - this is what Lewey was born to do.

Elliott who?

Well done young man, & a worthy rcipient. Was thinking whilst watching Sat that I have never seen a bloke that looked such a natural footballer in my life - this is what Lewey was born to do.

I was only a very young fella, but from what I saw late in his career and old footage, young Lewy isn't that dissimilar to the Roys' very own Garry 'Flea' Wilson. Both are just the pure essence of natural footballers.

Couldn't be more rapt to have young Lewy at the Lions.

Elliott who?

I know it's very early to call, but yeah, the Lions won on this trade :thumbsu:

Yeo has gone home and will be servicable at West Coast, but this Taylor kid could be anything.....and I think he's barely scratched the surface with his talent so far.

Young Lion and former Geelong Falcon Lewis Taylor earns Round 9 Rising Star nomination

THERE might be 22cm and 26kg between them, but Brisbane Lions Lewy Taylor and Jonathan Brown have more in common than you might think.

Both grew up about 250km south-west of Melbourne. Both attended a few Mortlake Busker Festivals, where the country’s best street performers congregate. Both played junior footy in the Hampden league and both were drafted to Queensland from Geelong Falcons. It’s a bonus for Taylor, who says he know has plenty of reasons to pick the brains of the ageing triple-premiership great.

“He’s a legend so it’s a privilege to play with him,” Taylor, the AFL’s Round 9 Rising Star nominee, said. “We’re from the same part of Victoria, which is good, there’s always a bit to talk about. He’s a great fella and he loves the country fellas, Browny. “He played for South Warrnambool and I played for Terang, so there’s always something that pops up that we both know about.”

The 173cm pocket rocket collected 20 disposals in Saturday’s 87-point loss to North Melbourne and joins silky midfielder James Aish as the second Brisbane Rising Star nominee under new coach Justin Leppitsch.

Taylor, who averaged 32 disposals in the TAC Cup last year and wants to develop an AFL-sized motor, said the Lions were still recovering from a nasty stomach bug which spread through their camp at the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back