Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Your dreaming mate
your 2nd will be around #25 after all the compo / Academy / FS picks go into the system

Can only trade picks or player you hold.

Im hoping the Eagles take Ben Miller as an UFA. I noted that his status changed to UFA but do question if this is correct. Compo likely band 3 or 4.

If that occurred Tigers will need another tall defender as depth as a minimum.

Eagles 2nd rounder and Harry Edwards , 23 and 200cm KP back, for Baker?

Harry Edwards is no super star but has slowly been building. Looks like he sorted his groin issue out that was holding him back the last two seasons. Played a decent game against the Suns covering Barrass suspension, unlucky to lose his spot.

I know its not what Tigers fans will be hoping for but the Eagles 1st is too low and they wont split for Baker IMO.

Last edited:
This blokes credibility is so far down the toilet 🚽
He just doesn’t get it.

Agreed. Eagles do not shaft clubs at the trade table.

They could have taken Brockman for free last year in the PSD but paid two picks.

They wont be bullied into paying full rate but they wont shaft anyone......well other than Geelong and Port.

Yep, if WC have stated they are going full rebuild then they would have no interest in Baker.

If they do come out and show interest from here, you’d have to assume they aren’t going through with the full rebuild in the way you’ve stated.

So we will either see an about face from the Coasters or it’s just Freo that are after him.

They havent said full rebuild. Rebuilding maybe.

And clubs like Collingwood and Geelong rebuild via trades more than the draft.

So when a 27 year old player of quality is looking to return West both clubs wiil be interested.

Last edited:

Im hoping the Eagles take Ben Miller as an UFA. I noted that his status changed to UFA but do question if this is correct. Compo likely band 3 or 4.

Harry Edwards is no super star but has slowly been building. Looks like he sorted his groin issue out that was holding him back the last two seasons. Played a decent game against the Suns covering Barrass suspension, unlucky to lose his spot.

I know its not what Tigers fans will be hoping for but the Eagles 1st is too low and they wont split for Baker IMO.
Miller is a UFA as he has been delisted previously. Can't see him leaving now that he has locked down a spot though.

Agreed. Eagles do not shaft clubs at the trade table.

They could have taken Brockman for free last year in the PSD but paid two picks.

They wont be bullied into paying full rate but they wont shaft anyone......well other than Geelong and Port.
The other thing that KC is missing is that this league has the same teams in it every year, and the same teams need to work together in every trade period. If the Eagles (and Baker to a degree) went down the F you let's preseason this so Richmond get nothing, how does he think that plays out in future? Does he think then that clubs won't see the way the Eagles behave and that every Victorian club won't just try and pillage their list for every young Victorian they draft who's out of contract?

Clubs generally get it now, they treat each other pretty reasonably because they in turn get treated reasonably back. Richmond have always been fair at the trade table, it gets paid back in situations like this because it will come around again to the Eagles when it's their turn to lose a player. The long term game is more important than trying to get a free Baker.

Cornes is just a known Richmond hater and a clickbait shock jock, but his ideas are ridiculous.

The other thing that KC is missing is that this league has the same teams in it every year, and the same teams need to work together in every trade period. If the Eagles (and Baker to a degree) went down the F you let's preseason this so Richmond get nothing, how does he think that plays out in future? Does he think then that clubs won't see the way the Eagles behave and that every Victorian club won't just try and pillage their list for every young Victorian they draft who's out of contract?

Clubs generally get it now, they treat each other pretty reasonably because they in turn get treated reasonably back. Richmond have always been fair at the trade table, it gets paid back in situations like this because it will come around again to the Eagles when it's their turn to lose a player. The long term game is more important than trying to get a free Baker.

Cornes is just a known Richmond hater and a clickbait shock jock, but his ideas are ridiculous.
The other thing KC is missing is a brain

If Baker leaves it's on good terms, their is no bad blood between him & Richmond.

Richmond loves him he is our VC, the fans knows it, Yze has said it.
Most Richmond fans know he has always been a chance to head back home if the opportunity came up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you can handle it mate

Ends up with you having hurt feelings and then banning me

How we going with the ignore list for mods, you up for that yet?
I’ve reached out to Chief telling him one of the best posters on the site would appreciate it if he could ignore mods he said he’d work on it for you but might take a while

Miller will get a contract at Richmond and wont leave now he is getting regular games

I'm not convinced Miller is a long term player, but he's certainly got a spot for a few years with us. Given he's done the hard yards and stuck around when he wasn't getting games, it seems unlikely he will leave now that he does have job security. Even moreso with Grimes who will retire and Broad who wouldn't be far off. Balta is now being trailled forward and Gibcus has injury risks.

Not saying we'll get Baker, but Don Pyke has said we'll explore every avenue to get players during our rebuild.

IMO his best role is across half back or back pocket.
He has some of the best hands for a small guy ive ever seen.

Theres been plenty of duds taken at pick 2.
Baker is a known quantity...
So WestCoast are rebuilding and you expect them to give up pick 2 for a 26 year old player you think plays their best football in the back pocket or half back? If WC finish in the bottom 2 they will more than likely negotiate in the same manner as Adelaide did in regard to Dawson (using the threat of the preseason draft in negotiations) and the best you'll get is their second and third rounders. I think WC will finish higher than the bottom 2.

Last edited:
And there's been plenty taken at pick 2 much much better than Baker. At this stage of their rebuild the Eagles as many shots at quality as they can get.
Is the draft a lottery? Yes, but doesnt mean a sure thing is better for rebuilding teams, it means you need as many shots at the lottery as possible because the lottery is where you win big

Tom Morris saying Baker is more likely to get to Freo and Jon Ralph saying the Eagles are the favourites.

Interesting...

I find it amusing this gets air time
Genuine question - would Liam Baker be in top 200 players league?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back