Speculation Liam Reidy

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Liam Reidy hit the press today saying he is a bit frustrated not being able to get a game for Freo. He is the best ruck in the WAFL over the last 2 years by a fairly big margin. 24 year old from the VFL. Only okayish around the ground but actual tap work is elite. At a club like Fremantle he has seen that even when rucks are injured he isnt gonna play so I think he will be on the move

Would probably just go for a pick upgrade really and basically will be a freebie for anyone who wants. I think he will go to one of the losers of the Ned Moyle battle so one of Richmond, Doggies, St Kilda will be the winner here

Comfortably the best ruck at WAFL, not sure how the rest of the country looks for rucks at the moment but I can definitely see him leaving to get a look in somewhere else. I'm not sure he'll ever be a number 1 AFL ruck to be honest but the guy has confidence and seems to really want it so maybe a club thinks he can be that guy.

Would wish him the best if he left, Knobel must be getting bored having to play Peel reserves anyway

Not sure he has enough tricks in his bag to make it at AFL level, but Freo is one of the worst positions for a guy like him to be stuck behind two elite rucks

Not sure he has enough tricks in his bag to make it at AFL level, but Freo is one of the worst positions for a guy like him to be stuck behind two elite rucks
His tap work is just elite though. By elite I mean say top 3 in the AFL when he comes in like elite. Just has that ability to see the space and tap to it.

I feel like that 1 trick is enough to get a gig at AFL level, especially for a side that can put their number 1 ruck up forward to let Reidy do more ruck work then a standard 2nd stringer

Tap ruckmen that can't do anything around the ground are beginning to die out. These days you either have to have good follow-up work and become an extra midfielder, or have half-decent forward craft.

So he may struggle to find another home if he can't add another string to his bow.

Tap ruckmen that can't do anything around the ground are beginning to die out. These days you either have to have good follow-up work and become an extra midfielder, or have half-decent forward craft.

So he may struggle to find another home if he can't add another string to his bow.

He may struggle to find a club to be a #1 ruck at. He wouldn't have any trouble getting a contract to be a back up. If Stanley retires he would be the sort of guy Geelong would look at as ruck insurance. Pencil Conway in for ~ 15 games in 2025 and give someone else ~8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back