Lions vs Cats vs Hawks - Which dynasty is the best?

Best dynasty???

• Cats

Votes: 234 21.2%
  • Hawks

Votes: 524 47.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 344 31.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

...and Hawthorn has that over the Lions.

If the Lions are ahead of Hawthorn there is no grounds for the Cats to be in this conversation

I'm also unsure why 2008 is not included in the conversation

No club will probably ever win 4 flags (and qualify for 5 GFs) again

I think the Poll tells a story clearly Hawthorn in the lead.

Hahahah A land of delusion.... 3 flags is 3 flags well then 4 flags is more than 3 flags.
Yea but you missed the finals in 09 taking away that period of 'sustained success' from the equation.:thumbsu:

Nope.

3 flags is 3 flags no matter which way you want to spin it.

Geelong didn't need reasonably high draft picks or concessions, and certainly didn't need to poach the majority of their players from other clubs to achieve their dynasty.

They also weren't afforded the luxury of playing an interstate side on the MCG 3 times... We played sides who were dominant in that year.

I'll leave it there though as I'm quite content with my thoughts.

All the best.

3 flags is 3 flags anyway you spin it

...but 4 flags is greater than 3 flags anyway

This s**t is laughable. Hawthorn went 3-1 against the Cats in the only games that mattered. The greatest side of all swuibbed epically against the weakest of the 4 premiership sides

As for the Cats GF opponents you played the worst GF opponent in 20 years in the GF (Port Adelaide - 16/9) as well as two mentally weak football clubs, both with a history of failure (St Kilda and Collingwood)

The only club you played in a GF with a premiership culture was the gane you squibbed and got rolled by Hawthorn. There is no way you can escape that lose...it broke your dynasty before it ever started

The fact that a team who couldn't even b2b ia in this conversation is laughable. Geelong 2007/11 was merely a North Melbourne 1974/78 light

Thats your way of spinning it though as you would say... Basically in the last decade we have 4 flags and you have 3...
Then you have a blatant disregard for the word 'dynasty.' :thumbsu:

Anyways Ive gotta go to work no time to argue with gutted Geelong fans that Hawthorn just came in and stole their clubs golden era... Even in the Cats Golden era Hawthorn was still superior ******* hilarious.

...and its not even our greatest era ('75-91)

They are just an inferior football club :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why have Hawthorn won more flags in the Cats greatest era, an era that is a distant 2nd to the greatest Hawthorn era?
I'm afraid you're interpretation of the word dynasty differs to its actually meaning.

About that offer... Yes or no?

I'm afraid you're interpretation of the word dynasty differs to its actually meaning.

About that offer... Yes or no?

3 flags in 5 years (without b2b) is no dynasty bro

Your crappy era has all but been forgotten (apart from a handful of hilariously salty Geelong fans)

Your 'era' will rank with North Melbourne 1974/78 and 1994/00...just making up time between the great Hawthorn eras of 1975/91 and 2008/16

3 flags in 5 years (without b2b) is no dynasty bro

Your crappy era has all but been forgotten (apart from a handful of hilariously salty Geelong fans)
I take that as a no. :thumbsu:

And Hawthorn missed the finals the next season thus discounting 08 from any subsequent dynasty talk.

I'm happy to debate anyone on the subject in a constructive fashion... Not from my phone though.

So the better competition that the Cats faced and lost to couldn't even make the finals the next year?

Compelling case you're putting together.

Alright, somebody tag me when they have the fortitude to have a constructive one on one debate.

I'll return later when I have access to my computer to hopefully see that somebody has put their hand up.

No trolling. A mature, constructive debate.

Cheers guys.

Good to see you around again my old friend.

Congrats on winning another flag.:thumbsu:

Sandwiched between Hawthorn 1975-91 (7 flags, 11 GF's) and 2008-15 (4 flags, 5 GF's)

You really are the North Melbourne of the 70s and 90s

...although North made 5 successive GFs (the Cats only managed three on the spin) and defeated the Hawks 7 times in games that matter

Back