Lock me in says Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Gray was a shining light in our s**t years and his potential was obvious. He was a favourite of mine from early on with his ability to read the play and his great hands and was only being limited by fitness and soft tissue injuries. Its great to watch him now (and without hanging his mouthguard out half the time ;) ) become one of the best.

Gray was a shining light in our s**t years and his potential was obvious. He was a favourite of mine from early on with his ability to read the play and his great hands and was only being limited by fitness and soft tissue injuries. Its great to watch him now (and without hanging his mouthguard out half the time ;) ) become one of the best.

I miss that...

The way he manipulates tackles being laid on him using his combination of balance, core strength and unbelievable nous in stoppages is what make him brilliant. My only criticism of him (apart from his lack of steel in taking clutch set shots) is sometimes I think he abuses this talent in holding onto the ball too long and unnecessarily taking the tackle just because he can resulting in him getting crunched awkwardly as he handballs off. This presents a massive increase in risk of injury. Please Robbie, save this trick for when you really need it only. We want another 5 years plus out of you!

Not really sure how Ben McGlynn got the 10 votes in the coaches award Saturday night. Robbie was clear best on ground. Clear best.
He got the 10 votes and most likely will get the 3 Brown Nose votes because A,he was there best forward by a mile and B, he played for the winning side.

Not really sure how Ben McGlynn got the 10 votes in the coaches award Saturday night. Robbie was clear best on ground. Clear best.

Apart from getting on the end of cheapies I'm not sure what McGlynn achieved.

Bizarre, especially after Ken hinted as much in his presser. McGlynn was bog before HT, Gray for the full match. For Longmire to give Kennedy the 4 votes is disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Logan had played Mcglynn wouldn't have had half the impact he did going head to head with Polec.

Considering Jared got 30 touches & provided a lot of drive off half back should be more than enough reason to mark Mcglynn's game down a notch below Robbie's even though he was their best player.

I remember when Gray and Westhoff debuted in the same game against the Hawks in 2007 and thinking 'we've found a couple here'. The Hoff kicked on and very quickly established himself as a core part of the team but between injuries and fitness and lack of midfield minutes, Robbie has been a lot slower in really establishing himself. But this year, wowee. It's almost like he's squeezed five years worth of improvement into one massive break out season. Sign him up for as long as possible thanks!

If Logan had played Mcglynn wouldn't have had half the impact he did going head to head with Polec.

Considering Jared got 30 touches & provided a lot of drive off half back should be more than enough reason to mark Mcglynn's game down a notch below Robbie's even though he was their best player.

There's no doubt we could've used Logan in a few of our losses, but a quality lockdown defender he ain't.

As a rock'em sock'em robot wreaking havoc among innocent civilians from the back of centre to the D50 arc he's very very good to the point of invaluable in rain-related conditions, however.

There's no doubt we could've used Logan in a few of our losses, but a quality lockdown defender he ain't.

As a rock'em sock'em robot wreaking havoc among innocent civilians from the back of centre to the D50 arc he's very very good to the point of invaluable in rain-related conditions, however.
Yeah he's not a shut down type but he's tough as nails & can get up for those kinda matchups, Mcglynn plays a lot like Hodge & Loges likes playing on the tough nuts I think he might've stitched him up or at least limited his effectiveness if he got assigned the job on him.

Negating those smaller tough in & under types is something he can do & his form in the SANFL has been as good as anyone this year, I hope we consider him at the back end of this year because he was invaluable in the finals last year.

Put it this way if I had to pick between Logan & Mitchell with finals on the line it would be a no brainer when it comes to putting the body on the line, in places it shouldn't go or going back with the flight with no fear.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...-player-for-life/story-fndv8s6g-1227020584957
Port Adelaide ace Robbie Gray aims to sign on to become a Power player for life.
The Power’s brilliant small forward/midfielder — enjoying a career-best year — is in negotiations with the club on a new long-term contract which he hopes will see him finish his career at Alberton.
The last key player Port is desperate to ink to a new long-term deal, Victorian Gray says he “definitely’’ wants to stay at the club.
“I’ve been here a fair while now and I’ve really enjoyed my time here,’’ Gray said.
More..........
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...-player-for-life/story-fndv8s6g-1227020584957

Must be a slight chance for Charlie?
I always thought Boak was the better chance but looking back on Robbie's season, you can't go past him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back