Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am hearing YCW signed up sandhurst player this week and hoping for another new signing before Wednesday, anyone know who they are??
Did these recruits play yesterday? YCW were a bit limp to say the least, they will be hard pressed to get to the 4 now! Hill very good after half time, should have been 100 points! No Fev yesterday and the other boys stood up, better team effort! A weeks break very handy, 3 tough weeks and a few sore bodies, rest up for the run to the finals.
Well done Serp:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: good to see:D

Did these recruits play yesterday? YCW were a bit limp to say the least, they will be hard pressed to get to the 4 now! Hill very good after half time, should have been 100 points! No Fev yesterday and the other boys stood up, better team effort! A weeks break very handy, 3 tough weeks and a few sore bodies, rest up for the run to the finals.
Well done Serp:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: good to see:D

Pyramid very well drilled side and played well. YC had 5 out so best yet to come. Finishing 4th no different to 5th in LVFL as still play in an Elimination Final!!

Well done to Serp. Shows what a club is capable of when they keep working at it rather than chucking in the towel like Marong seem to have done.

Can anyone from Marong explain why Freddo would play at full forward when his team is getting absolutely spanked and the ball rarely got down there?

Pyramid very well drilled side and played well. YC had 5 out so best yet to come. Finishing 4th no different to 5th in LVFL as still play in an Elimination Final!!
I should have known that!Bit slow on the uptake, ta. Did YC have a couple of forwards missing, i recall a red headed fella last time, was a good target. Marong story, whats the go, i was led to believe coming into this league and this season that they were right up there, very ordinary:thumbsdown:

Well done to Serp. Shows what a club is capable of when they keep working at it rather than chucking in the towel like Marong seem to have done.

Can anyone from Marong explain why Freddo would play at full forward when his team is getting absolutely spanked and the ball rarely got down there?

pretty sure he is playing off 1 leg...

I Don't even think that Freddo has one good Leg. And as for throwing in the towel, and I'm going to cop grief for saying this as every club has them, the amount of injuries at Marong this year has been amazing. It is good to see the Juniors coming through and getting a taste of Senior Football. Hopefully there are better ahead for Freddo and the boys.

I Don't even think that Freddo has one good Leg. And as for throwing in the towel, and I'm going to cop grief for saying this as every club has them, the amount of injuries at Marong this year has been amazing. It is good to see the Juniors coming through and getting a taste of Senior Football. Hopefully there are better ahead for Freddo and the boys.

Yeah true marong have had heaps of injuries this year but fair enough good to see some juniors stepping up. I think that 5 kids from the 17s have all played a game of senior footy. Also look out for Josh Allen in the next few weeks for Marong played in the 2's yesterday and looked good should be a starter for the 1's next week. heard that he played tac cup 2 years ago for gippsland or someone.

Yep if you haven't had a run in the seniors this year you'd be pretty stiff, but might be a chance with a few rounds to go. After Saturday I think 41 blokes have had a run in the main game.

Yeah true marong have had heaps of injuries this year but fair enough good to see some juniors stepping up. I think that 5 kids from the 17s have all played a game of senior footy. Also look out for Josh Allen in the next few weeks for Marong played in the 2's yesterday and looked good should be a starter for the 1's next week. heard that he played tac cup 2 years ago for gippsland or someone.

The real key will be young James Weaving making the step up, tall and athletic he should be able to fill some of the holes. Hasn't played for a couple of years now and is questionable under physical pressure, but you can't keep class like that down. May take a few games to work his way into the main game and will have to deal with the added pressures of senior footy, but as long as his body holds up to the harder hits he is sure to impress.

watched the game and with the 6-7 outs YC had out I would not be riting them off yet.

new blokes didn't play, wondering where the other ones are since only 2 days to go.

good on serp for their win. think everyone is happy to see that. lot of leagues at the moment with winless clubs, bfl included

lookin at the draw, there's every possibility that ycw could win the next 5 if there list is back to full strength. and that makes them 9-5 with 2 rounds to go. Miti and Bridgy ;) good test before finals that's for sure.

on other news, keen to hear from NFClew. Much more competitive against Miti this time around. 64 pts as opposed to 111 pts in Rd 3.... the Blues are coming ;)

lookin at the draw, there's every possibility that ycw could win the next 5 if there list is back to full strength. and that makes them 9-5 with 2 rounds to go. Miti and Bridgy ;) good test before finals that's for sure.

on other news, keen to hear from NFClew. Much more competitive against Miti this time around. 64 pts as opposed to 111 pts in Rd 3.... the Blues are coming ;)

Haha we're coming fast! Horrendous first half on our part, we were out played something chronic and were realistically out of our depth against Miti. We played a lot better in the 2nd half to keep the margin the same although thats nothing to hang our hat on. Very disappointing performance by us after we thought we had turned the corner, another tough game this week against Bridgey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With June 30 almost here i have found some transfers and some still pending.

Bendigo Football League YCW Football Club Birks, Trevor Approved 22/06/10 23/06/10

Great Southern Football League Bridgewater Football Netball Club Ferguson, Dylan Pending 27/06/10

West Australian Football League Pyramid Hill Football Club Garlett, Glen Pending 25/06/10

Central Murray Football League Marong Football Netball Club Inc. Hipwell, Andrew Approved 21/06/10 25/06/10

Heathcote District Football League Inc. Pyramid Hill Football Club Hore, Timothy Approved 25/06/10 26/06/10

Heathcote District Football League Inc. Bears Lagoon Serpentine Football Club Matheson, Paul Approved 18/06/10 26/06/10

North Central Football League Mitiamo Football Club Newton, Scott Approved 10/06/10 18/06/10

Tallangatta & District FL Bears Lagoon Serpentine Football Club Skate, Keith Pending 09/06/10

Victoria Bears Lagoon Serpentine Football Club Smythe, Charlie Pending27/06/10

Central West AFL Bears Lagoon Serpentine Football Club Steinborner, Luke Pending 27/06/10

Mininera and District Football League Pyramid Hill Football Club Tuohey, Nathan Approved 25/06/10 26/06/10

See Glen Garlett on their from the WAFL wonder if he is Cody's brother? Does anyone know whether he is as good or even better than Cody? Id say he wouldn't come cheaply either and this may be what the hill need to break that Premiership drought.

[QUOTE Victoria Bears Lagoon Serpentine Football Club Smythe, Charlie Pending27/06/10
[/QUOTE]

The Charlie Smythe????

Looks like Serp have done a big of recruiting

With June 30 almost here i have found some transfers and some still pending.

Bendigo Football League YCW Football Club Birks, Trevor Approved 22/06/10 23/06/10

Great Southern Football League Bridgewater Football Netball Club Ferguson, Dylan Pending 27/06/10

West Australian Football League Pyramid Hill Football Club Garlett, Glen Pending 25/06/10

Central Murray Football League Marong Football Netball Club Inc. Hipwell, Andrew Approved 21/06/10 25/06/10

Heathcote District Football League Inc. Pyramid Hill Football Club Hore, Timothy Approved 25/06/10 26/06/10

Heathcote District Football League Inc. Bears Lagoon Serpentine Football Club Matheson, Paul Approved 18/06/10 26/06/10

North Central Football League Mitiamo Football Club Newton, Scott Approved 10/06/10 18/06/10

Tallangatta & District FL Bears Lagoon Serpentine Football Club Skate, Keith Pending 09/06/10

Victoria Bears Lagoon Serpentine Football Club Smythe, Charlie Pending27/06/10

Central West AFL Bears Lagoon Serpentine Football Club Steinborner, Luke Pending 27/06/10

Mininera and District Football League Pyramid Hill Football Club Tuohey, Nathan Approved 25/06/10 26/06/10

See Glen Garlett on their from the WAFL wonder if he is Cody's brother? Does anyone know whether he is as good or even better than Cody? Id say he wouldn't come cheaply either and this may be what the hill need to break that Premiership drought.

Never mind these garlett boys from the wafl, the real mercenary here is coming from the Cohuna Kangas out to Marong. Its fair assume he has had to jump ship once his payments have just about brought the club to its knees.

Looking forward to see how he goes for the rest of the season after blowing out a few cobwebs against bridgewater, who have got to be the best team playing in country victoria - just ask them!

Never mind these garlett boys from the wafl, the real mercenary here is coming from the Cohuna Kangas out to Marong. Its fair assume he has had to jump ship once his payments have just about brought the club to its knees.

Looking forward to see how he goes for the rest of the season after blowing out a few cobwebs against bridgewater, who have got to be the best team playing in country victoria - just ask them!

thats right never mind these boys from wafl,there all related, they go ok and will hold there own, he played in the 2's sat and go's ok, will add a bit of speed, but the best from the west is yet to arrive at the hill.:D

thats right never mind these boys from wafl,there all related, they go ok and will hold there own, he played in the 2's sat and go's ok, will add a bit of speed, but the best from the west is yet to arrive at the hill.:D

well, i will take that back, the best from west did'nt arrive at the hill, from all reports would of tore this league apart, never mind, think they still have a side that can compete for the big one, should be a few in's over the coming weeks,

is that the ball lining up for bridgy that played a couple of years ago.

My Tips
Seniors:
Calivil United: 13 points
Bridgewater: 91 points
YCW: 101 points
Mitiamo: 91 points

Reserves:
Newbridge: 31 points
Bridgewater: 51 points
YCW: 21 points
Mitiamo: 83 points

U17
Calivil United: 11 points
Bridgewater: 51 points
Marong 27 points
BL Serp: 81 points

well, i will take that back, the best from west did'nt arrive at the hill, from all reports would of tore this league apart, never mind, think they still have a side that can compete for the big one, should be a few in's over the coming weeks,

Sure is

West Australian Football League Pyramid Hill Football Club Garlett, Glen Approved 25-6-10 29-6-10.

Well that isnt the case Tasman the best from the west is here and is cleared to play also heard him and cody are jeff garletts brothers that plays for Carlton. Anyone know if Alan Davis is Neon Leon's bro?

I said 5 weeks ago that there where rumblings at calavil hey the bloke was a spanner.Told the players game 2 it was his move's that won them the game well that went down real well.Fair dinkum you couldn't see him for all the tickets he had hanging of himself. Still the big Q is who appointed this bloke .

the gomez boys copped a bit of a pizzling from bridgie, hey clew :thumbsdown:

only the five sausages from ur boys n they landed 18

bridgie just 2 good ??? dont say the gomez abbott troops have dropped off cuppla winning games coming up versus yc and marong altho yc had huge win over the panthers

the gomez boys copped a bit of a pizzling from bridgie, hey clew :thumbsdown:

only the five sausages from ur boys n they landed 18

bridgie just 2 good ??? dont say the gomez abbott troops have dropped off cuppla winning games coming up versus yc and marong altho yc had huge win over the panthers

Yeah bridgey were too good but realistically no one would have been expecting us to beat them. I'm not sure how many behinds we kicked but there were a few, had we converted half of them it starts to look a bit better. They also kicked away in the last quarter when we were out on our legs with no bench. Yeah these are all excuses but I don't think the scoreboard thrashing justifies the game, it wasn't that one way. I'm sure bridgey people would agree, they were the better team though and hats off to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back