Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh Zacster 1 goal 7 behinds in the 3rd Q didn't help the cause but who else has beaten bridgy this year.Still think miti is the side to beat still havn't seen the milionare club play with the W.A boys on board yet.There's more to footy than just MONEY although some clubs don't think so.Build a base and look further than NOW :rolleyes: p.s i see iwood follow the club who each week has come off giving Marong a 100 point plus flogging.Thing's have gone real quite on the Marong front maybe you should be putting the BLOW TOURCH on them and find out why the bum has dropped out of this club.

yes things are pretty quite at marong, for a pretty good reason I'd say. Every club has these years and it's just a matter of sticking it out and trying again. Lets face it, the crap years we all go through make the good years even better. Interesting to see Cohen Keckich in the best Players on Saturday, great effort for a young bloke who has another couple of years in the thirds ahead of him.

Yeh Zacster 1 goal 7 behinds in the 3rd Q didn't help the cause but who else has beaten bridgy this year.Still think miti is the side to beat still havn't seen the milionare club play with the W.A boys on board yet.There's more to footy than just MONEY although some clubs don't think so.Build a base and look further than NOW :rolleyes: p.s i see iwood follow the club who each week has come off giving Marong a 100 point plus flogging.Thing's have gone real quite on the Marong front maybe you should be putting the BLOW TOURCH on them and find out why the bum has dropped out of this club.
I'm new to the LVFL but i would hardly refer to Pyramid as "Millionaires", i understand that they have been up there for a few years, so that wouldnt make it all about the now, they must be doing something right to stay up there? Sure there is money involved, how else is anyone else going to get to the place :) Cant tell me that Calivil and Miti have blokes playing for the love of it:confused: or anyone at the other clubs, Inglewood had a few recruits supposedly high profile , that's the now isnt it, unless they are about for a few years? Any club that manages their finances well enough to be able to spend some splash each year cant be critisised for it, good luck to them, it's who and what they get with it that matters. Lets face it Country footy is stuffed because of it, but that's where we are at!

I'm new to the LVFL but i would hardly refer to Pyramid as "Millionaires", i understand that they have been up there for a few years, so that wouldnt make it all about the now, they must be doing something right to stay up there? Sure there is money involved, how else is anyone else going to get to the place :) Cant tell me that Calivil and Miti have blokes playing for the love of it:confused: or anyone at the other clubs, Inglewood had a few recruits supposedly high profile , that's the now isnt it, unless they are about for a few years? Any club that manages their finances well enough to be able to spend some splash each year cant be critisised for it, good luck to them, it's who and what they get with it that matters. Lets face it Country footy is stuffed because of it, but that's where we are at!

Sorry mate, but don't agree with any of that. I'm sure there are a few people who would disagree with what you said about Calivil. They have a stack of local players year in year out who play footy with their mates.

Pyramid have a massive amount of turnover every year because they try and win the flag every year by "topping up". That doesn't build a strong club of loyal players. All it does is breed failure.

All it does is piss off the players who put in a long pre season, just to lose their place in the team to some money hungry player from out of town who jumps on board when they are a chance to win the flag.

Sure they might get close each year, but it doesn't bring home the bacon.

B-boy I think u should go through the players in pyramid hills last game against ycw, 11 locals (cant believe they would all be getting payed) 15 of the 21 played at pyramid last year, 17 out of the 21 have played there in the last two years (brad Fawcett and Shaun Gallager who went into Bendigo for the one year)... So where is this big turn over? I can't see mitiamo or bridgewater having as many locals playing in there side! Also believe that they are spending more money then pyramid hill this year... Calival over the years have been good keeping there locals around and has worked with great success, but even them this yr have had to bring in outsiders, there ain't half as many locals running around there as there use to be!

Ball boy, great observations! B-Boy if there were any teams that didnt "top up" on previous years they would be fools, how else do you strenghten and develop, unless you have a srtong contingent of lacals and juniors to utilise? Calivil have done well doing that, as you mentioned, mates playing with mates and locals returning, were is the difference with what pyramid has been doing? By the looks of this it can only be sustained for so long, we all have to have ups and downs. Just that the cattle havent been up to it at the pointy end. Sure there are a few bucks about even locals get paid, who doesnt? But the "money men" have been sough out by the club not the opposite as you are led to believe. I think Pyramid are up to it, just depends who is on song on the day! Should be an interesting finals series, closer than a few would have thought a month ago!

Sorry mate, but don't agree with any of that. I'm sure there are a few people who would disagree with what you said about Calivil. They have a stack of local players year in year out who play footy with their mates.

Pyramid have a massive amount of turnover every year because they try and win the flag every year by "topping up". That doesn't build a strong club of loyal players. All it does is breed failure.

All it does is piss off the players who put in a long pre season, just to lose their place in the team to some money hungry player from out of town who jumps on board when they are a chance to win the flag.

Sure they might get close each year, but it doesn't bring home the bacon.

ha ha - what about "South Bridgewater"... and their turnover...and buying a premiership... and p*ssing off locals

2010 season - 17 transferred out, 24 in... seven from South Bendigo and all on the payroll

ha ha - what about "South Bridgewater"... and their turnover...and buying a premiership... and p*ssing off locals

2010 season - 17 transferred out, 24 in... seven from South Bendigo and all on the payroll

They deserve to be part of this team more than these guys who rock up in late JUly. All the south boys have been at every training session with club since November.

The question I am asking you all, do these Pyramid mid year "top up" players deserve to be there in the finals and take the place of sokme poor bloke who's been there all pre season??? If you say yes, you're kidding yourself.

They deserve to be part of this team more than these guys who rock up in late JUly. All the south boys have been at every training session with club since November.

The question I am asking you all, do these Pyramid mid year "top up" players deserve to be there in the finals and take the place of sokme poor bloke who's been there all pre season??? If you say yes, you're kidding yourself.

obviously you dont coach. cos I would say yes in a heartbeat if I had to choose between a WAFL player and a LVFL hack if it meant winning a premiership for the whole group and whole town, not just for 1-2 blokes that struggle to play but train all year. not ideal, and a bit sad but thats life.

happens every year, so you're kiddin yourself. as they say, you cant polish a terd, but you can roll it in glitter

Sorry Ben Bal but your embarrasing yourself below my comments was your post looking for players on different forums not so long back. Every club pays players and every club's has outsiders it's just the way it is. I would be amazed if Pyramid weren't spending the most in the LVFL by a long shot but they have some local names in amongst their side and they need to get people to travel. Bridgewater have heaps of local names in their side and a few of those they picked up would have more been attracted by the chance to play senior footy. Miti the same they topped their list up with some outsiders but have their share of locals in too.

Look at a side like Elmore in Heathcote League they appear to have a real problem with hardly any locals at all.

Your comments Ben Bal

Yep, we got hammered because we have a heap of 18-20 yr old kids running around. We need some SPINE players - FB, CHB, CHF & FF, around 90+kg.

As far as $$ go, we have lots of room in the salary cap, to say the least!

We had a huge turnover of players (finishing Uni) and subsequently are struggling this year for key position players.

Sorry Ben Bal but your embarrasing yourself below my comments was your post looking for players on different forums not so long back. Every club pays players and every club's has outsiders it's just the way it is. I would be amazed if Pyramid weren't spending the most in the LVFL by a long shot but they have some local names in amongst their side and they need to get people to travel. Bridgewater have heaps of local names in their side and a few of those they picked up would have more been attracted by the chance to play senior footy. Miti the same they topped their list up with some outsiders but have their share of locals in too.

Look at a side like Elmore in Heathcote League they appear to have a real problem with hardly any locals at all.

Your comments Ben Bal

Yep, we got hammered because we have a heap of 18-20 yr old kids running around. We need some SPINE players - FB, CHB, CHF & FF, around 90+kg.

As far as $$ go, we have lots of room in the salary cap, to say the least!

We had a huge turnover of players (finishing Uni) and subsequently are struggling this year for key position players.

not embarressed at all, that was in 2008 when I was watching my son at Sandhurst ... circumstances were well documented...you had noone and desperately wanted anyone to play and I was trying to help out... so firstly ...you're baggin your own club

secondly... my comment was in response to all the comments aimed at Pyramid as the only offender in buying players/premierships... I was simply pointing out that Bridgewater are not far behind Hill on the subject

obviously you dont coach. cos I would say yes in a heartbeat if I had to choose between a WAFL player and a LVFL hack if it meant winning a premiership for the whole group and whole town, not just for 1-2 blokes that struggle to play but train all year. not ideal, and a bit sad but thats life.

happens every year, so you're kiddin yourself. as they say, you cant polish a terd, but you can roll it in glitter

I wouldn't want to play for a club who does that to it's players. And nice of you to call the fringe senior players "Hacks".

While we are getting all philosophical Louie, I have another saying:

"You can't buy your way to a flag, but you can buy your way to a top three several years in a row" Confucious 550 BC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't want to play for a club who does that to it's players. And nice of you to call the fringe senior players "Hacks".

"You can't buy your way to a flag, but you can buy your way to a top three several years in a row" Confucious 550 BC

when is confucious going to pull the boots on for $550 a game Before Clutton.:eek:must check the south side for an out

not embarressed at all, that was in 2008 when I was watching my son at Sandhurst ... circumstances were well documented...you had noone and desperately wanted anyone to play and I was trying to help out... so firstly ...you're baggin your own club

secondly... my comment was in response to all the comments aimed at Pyramid as the only offender in buying players/premierships... I was simply pointing out that Bridgewater are not far behind Hill on the subject

I wasn't bagging our Club at all just pasted it too show you that all Club's spend money and that your whack at them was unjustified in my opinion.

There's a couple of old Dragon boys out there, and from what I understand there's not much money around the place at all. You could easily make the same assumption with Newbridge with their Kang Flat influx it's just that there not going much good so people don't worry about talking about them.

People forget the bigger picture alot of the time, and imagine if the Loddon Valley,Bendigo or any League clubs only had players who had come through their ranks wouldnt do much for the standard or interest levels.

Dont bag a club when you have no idea of where it is at! Pyramid had great depth for the past few years, i think several blokes were left from the 2's GF last year, of those a few have come back into the fold during the year, still very little depth and few numbers. No one is missing out that did a pre-season and very few 2's did this! The blokes getting a run are fringe players at best but have committed themselves well given the opportunity. About half a dozen 2's boys train at best and the selected side on Thursdays is a wish list, hoping they get a side!!The WAFL boys haven't upset anyone that i am aware of and have fitted in well. No one is missing out because of them, the depth was lacking and they have filled the void. To say you wouldn't play at a club that does this to it's players is a joke, they all do it and Pyramid is no different. It only takes one new bloke for one local to miss out, by my logic there a quite a few locals missing out at every club, but that's life.

Different topic, B&F fancies, Flags and by how much?

The word is derek filo will be at pyramid hill next year to finish his playing career with his brother shuan.So the hill commitee better uncover that hidden Gold mine they have tucked away.Yeh the engraver has already put there name on the prelimary final cup for 2010. Still that's nothing new an the new blow in's will grab the spots of the boy's who have got them this far and the 2s are dead so no finals for this group of guys.You could say this is a bit SAD but NO who give's a stuff it's only Pyramid Hill:p

The word is derek filo will be at pyramid hill next year to finish his playing career with his brother shuan.So the hill commitee better uncover that hidden Gold mine they have tucked away.Yeh the engraver has already put there name on the prelimary final cup for 2010. Still that's nothing new an the new blow in's will grab the spots of the boy's who have got them this far and the 2s are dead so no finals for this group of guys.You could say this is a bit SAD but NO who give's a stuff it's only Pyramid Hill:p

Stirring the pot, guess you have to, nothing constructive to add:thumbsdown:. Not entering a slanging match as you clearly despise Pyramid :mad: , try keeping allegiance's out and be useful. If we all slagged off at each other and clubs we could change the Forum to the LVNL or the CWA! I'm new to the Hill but am aware of some real love :heart: out there for the club, cough :D!! I though Shaun was off to Eaglehawk and Pyramid had Milward arriving, lot of money under that hill

I wasn't bagging our Club at all just pasted it too show you that all Club's spend money and that your whack at them was unjustified in my opinion.

There's a couple of old Dragon boys out there, and from what I understand there's not much money around the place at all. You could easily make the same assumption with Newbridge with their Kang Flat influx it's just that there not going much good so people don't worry about talking about them.

People forget the bigger picture alot of the time, and imagine if the Loddon Valley,Bendigo or any League clubs only had players who had come through their ranks wouldnt do much for the standard or interest levels.

?? this is just drivel . stick to Bendigo thread

The word is derek filo will be at pyramid hill next year to finish his playing career with his brother shuan.So the hill commitee better uncover that hidden Gold mine they have tucked away.

"the word" is workin overtime boys. I herd "the word" from a eaglehawk committee person only three weeks ago that Derreck mite be coaching at YCW next season cos of the McKern connection. silly season has begun early ha ha ha ha. damn i love rumers!! ;)

Why would Mc Kern want filo at YCW that's why he left eaglehawk///// This forum is all about rumors or have'nt you worked it out yet. I did say there was trouble at calavil oh hum CHOP OF WENT THE COACHES HEAD.Rumors start somewhere we don't just sit here and try and think them up.Funny how a lot of them come true.:)

haha.

Another buring question that needs to be answered is - where did all these Pyramid people get computers from???

Now i'm just stirring guys...lighten up

YOU might recall on the BFL site earlier this year debate about Might Mick McK. and his allegiance to YCW.
Has a number of family members playing footy and netball there. And they wanted Dad's input in a financial sense. So not just restricting himself to Eaglehawk.

Speaking about the Gomez Abbott boys in above posts, surely they'll be some sort of chance against YC this round. Altho' the Eagles will fancy hanging on to 5th possie.

Now tell me this, who is Ball and Collins pushing out of the side, "some poor bloke who has done all the hard yards", and you will see this weekend, pyramid Auction night, why they can spend money on players, because every player, supporter will give back on that night, they have the record for auction night in country vic, its all about the club, come join me in tassie; you 2 head

N&C, what do you think your chances are this week of beating YCW? Will it come down to the players or the mini buses tactics? Will you be lining up after going down like a bag of spuds last week and acting like you had broken your leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back