London 2012 Media - Have a go at Eddie and co

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl with the sideways smile, Giaan, and her mate Rabs rattling on about a world record for Sehbohm when she was in fact half second or more behind it - fair dinkum, you'd reckon Rooney would know the WR in her old event.....

Well Channel 9 officially gets an F after that effort for mine.

Its what 1.30am over east, the beginning of our best track cyclist keiren event and they cut in in the middle of the race, go to an advert and come back with an interview with the royals ad then go to another advert.

Well Channel 9 officially gets an F after that effort for mine.

Its what 1.30am over east, the beginning of our best track cyclist keiren event and they cut in in the middle of the race, go to an advert and come back with an interview with the royals ad then go to another advert.

Yep. Without a doubt that is the worst piece of programming in a sporting event broadcast that I have ever seen.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say,

BROWNNOSER.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is just this C9 ****ness to it. ****ness we're all used to by now. I can't say my interest in any show they've promoted has been heightened. If anything, my slight interest in the Kerry Packer film has diminished. I can't agree with criticism of C7 by comparison at the time. I wasn't working during that month of the Beijing games, so I saw everything. The only things they ****** up then, that I can remember, was missing the first quarter and a bit of the Aus/USA basketball game (the bit where Australia we're great!) Bruce was a bit flat commentating the swimming, and no pr0n star could blow Michael Phelps as hard as what Duncan Armstrong did. Even the chopping and changing from one sport to another, it was not even close to how bad C9 have gone about it.

There is just this C9 ****ness to it. ****ness we're all used to by now. I can't say my interest in any show they've promoted has been heightened. If anything, my slight interest in the Kerry Packer film has diminished. I can't agree with criticism of C7 by comparison at the time. I wasn't working during that month of the Beijing games, so I saw everything. The only things they ****** up then, that I can remember, was missing the first quarter and a bit of the Aus/USA basketball game (the bit where Australia we're great!) Bruce was a bit flat commentating the swimming, and no pr0n star could blow Michael Phelps as hard as what Duncan Armstrong did. Even the chopping and changing from one sport to another, it was not even close to how bad C9 have gone about it.
Channel 7 didn't chop and change their coverage - instead they played events in their entirety and pretended delayed sports were live (also shown in entirety). This also meant, however, that many medals were decided and known well before Channel 7 played them. They copped a lot of criticism for that.

So they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Channel 7 didn't chop and change their coverage - instead they played events in their entirety and pretended delayed sports were live (also shown in entirety). This also meant, however, that many medals were decided and known well before Channel 7 played them. They copped a lot of criticism for that.

So they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Yes, that is correct. It's harder to get involved in a comp, the way C9 have gone about it.

Great to read in the paper today about how Ray Hadley and Rebecca Wilson both told a Belgian commentator behind them to "**** off" because he asked them to sit down. Real classy stuff from two of the biggest tossers in the business.

why did channel nine show the 10k on 30-45 minute delay but still when they went for adverts (which i expect, it's a 27 minute race) they came back missing the amount of the race that the adverts took up. are they trying to make it look like it was live?? if so massive fail when they went around and the big screen it showed the swedish long jumper clapping before a jump even though that event finished on nine (actually live) about 45 minutes before.

I don't actually mind Nine's coverage but I do find myself watching Fox's coverage most of the time. Nine actually have a better swimming team. I just can't stand Ray Hadley and Rebecca Wilson.

A lot of the criticism with nine is because they are just using GEM to simulcast in HD rather than provide something different as well but, they only signed to be a single channel operator or something and I think it is IOC regulation that they can't provide something different on a second channel.

I don't mind them focusing on Australians (although I would rather they not) as I am sure that if I was in America NBC would be focusing on Americans.

I am sick of the constant promoting Big Brother, House Husbands and even Howzat.

It could be worse than this as I have not watched the coverage solely on nine as when I'm into something I'll just watch it uninterrupted on Foxtel.

...I don't mind them focusing on Australians (although I would rather they not) as I am sure that if I was in America NBC would be focusing on Americans...

I'm in Vancouver, but get NBC America and can confirm its ridiculously USA centric coverage. CTV Canada on the other hand do it really well, but maybe that's a function of having to know other countries/stories to fill up the schedule.

I'm in Vancouver, but get NBC America and can confirm its ridiculously USA centric coverage. CTV Canada on the other hand do it really well, but maybe that's a function of having to know other countries/stories to fill up the schedule.
It's probably also because Canadians care more about the winter games than summer

what paper

Was in WA's Sunday Times, but it will probably also be in the sister paper in the other states. I'll quote some of it as I can't find it online:

"I was standing calling the race... this bloke starts poking me in the shoulder telling me to sit down, so I stopped calling took the headphones off and told him to **** off and then finished the race. The next day he comes and says I must stay seated so I said "listen here you French ****wit everyones standing during the race so I stand so I can see. He says I'm not French I'm Belgian, so I said OK now piss off you Belgian pest. Rebecca Wilson then turns around and says "He told you to **** off so **** off"[/QUOTE

Was in WA's Sunday Times, but it will probably also be in the sister paper in the other states. I'll quote some of it as I can't find it online:

Pity the Belgian commentator didn't kick them both in the balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back