Food/Supplements Low fat plant based diet

Remove this Banner Ad

Well thats settled then, Durianrider makes an assumption that he is on testosterone from a line out of one article and to back it up posts two photos, one in a black t-shirt (a color that makes everyone look trim) then finds one where he is pumped. Case closed.

This is predictable as 30 banana a day Durianrider probably still suffers severe B12 deficiency like he did some years back after his first 6 years as a Vegan.

Only vegans take this clown serious.
You're way too defensive man just let it go, not everyone will always agree with you and who cares if he is on roids anyway?

Personally I'd say he is because it's incredibly hard to maintain a physique like that all year round (body composition and mass) when you're in peak physical condition and producing the most test of your life in your mid 20's let alone at 60. Also he looks to of gained around 6-10kg of lean muscle mass maybe even more in two years which is an insane result for anyone let alone a guy that would be producing as much test as a 17 year old girl.

And in regards to durianrider, A quick google search just yielded those results, I didn't know who this old guy was prior to this thread but after a little bit of research he is extremely pro steroids.

But also in your defense he really isn't that big of a dude either, so he could very well be natural, i'm not trying to argue with you more so discuss what the situation may really be yeah?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Mark Sisson was taking moderate doses of testosterone along with some HGH or Peptides
Anyone over 40 that's smart & has money is on some kind of Hormone Replacement Therapy(HRT) for vitality n longevity, especially if they have a public image to uphold which is their main income stream.
I just read the article the B12 deficient vegan Duriander was referring to and at no stage did Sisson suggest he was taking testosterone or any other peptide, it was a hypothetical example of how someone who wanted to do endurance training could do so without destroying their body using "therapeutic amounts of testosterone" to balance out high levels of cortisol. His article was about endurance training being unnatural as apposed to hunter gatherers living their lives slow with the occasional bursts of high speed sprinting.

The article sept 2007

Last edited:

Yes I had a chuckle at this too!

l like how Vegans think they are saving earth yet they fail to realise they are depleting the soul of its nutrients n the non organic Vegans are supporting chemical use which is destroying n polluting the environment.
Or Vegetarains that don't eat animals due to how they are slaughtered but eat Fish cos Fish are gently massage to death!

Cows eat grass n self fertilise it, no harm to the earth at all.

I'm actually going to start doing this diet one of these days.

No meat.
No added fat.

I still like to fry my onions in oil and add coconut cream to my curries just because it tastes good but I'll just have to do without.

Bumping this thread has got me motivated again.

I just read the article the B12 deficient vegan Duriander was referring to and at no stage did Sisson suggest he was taking testosterone or any other peptide, it was a hypothetical example of how someone who wanted to do endurance training could do so without destroying their body using "therapeutic amounts of testosterone" to balance out high levels of cortisol. His article was about endurance training being unnatural as apposed to hunter gatherers living their lives slow with the occasional bursts of high speed sprinting.

I'm not suggesting Mark is on the gear but you'd be surprised of how many high profile people claim to be natural yet are on HRT.
They say it's on dosed to bring them back to normal testosterone levels , Dave Asprey openly admits to be on HRT, he said his previous obesity ruined his hormones & the HRT is to bring his levels back to a normal balance.
If there was a HRT clinic in town offering HRT at a reasonable price I'd be on it in a heart beat, all the Docs I know are.

I'm not suggesting Mark is on the gear but you'd be surprised of how many high profile people claim to be natural yet are on HRT.
They say it's on dosed to bring them back to normal testosterone levels , Dave Asprey openly admits to be on HRT, he said his previous obesity ruined his hormones & the HRT is to bring his levels back to a normal balance.
If there was a HRT clinic in town offering HRT at a reasonable price I'd be on it in a heart beat, all the Docs I know are.
If Sisson roided, it would destroy all his credibility and livelihood. He is genetically gifted with great discipline and an amazing knowledge of what works for his body. He lives his life according to his principles. Former athletes that still look the part are not uncommon.

If Sisson roided, it would destroy all his credibility and livelihood. He is genetically gifted with great discipline and an amazing knowledge of what works for his body. He lives his life according to his principles. Former athletes that still look the part are not uncommon.

Many said this about Lance Armstrong when he was getting repeatedly accused of using PED's , their credibility is the risk they take for all the spoils that come with the fame n fortunes.
Unless I actually draw blood from someone then overseen the results, until then I don't believe anyone is clean , especially when they have a high profile.
Just my opinion though.

"Given carte blanche to take advantage of all that medicine has to offer, I would aggressively consume antioxidants during my training (10-20,000 ORAC units per day), I would increase the amount of healthy fats (omega 3-rich) in my diet to 50% of total calories and I would only consume quality complex carbohydrates during my training. In fact, I would calculate my carbohydrate requirements on a daily basis and not exceed them. I would use simple sugars (e.g., gels) during long rides and races only to the extent they are necessary. That means I would do most of my training without them, saving them for races. I would work closely with a trained anti-aging doctor to monitor my fasting glucose, fasting insulin, free and bound testosterone, liver enzymes, cortisol, DHEA, hematocrit, ferritin and other parameters.
I would incorporate therapeutic amounts of testosterone (yes, I know it's illegal, but I'm giving you the best-case scenario), to balance out high levels of cortisol when I have gone to the well too much."

Sisson doesn't look natural. Only guys that have extra help get that ripped. That's just my opinion but he isn't full natty brah.

And it took a computer bot to bump it. Haha.

Go the bot!! It's a sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone over 40 that's smart & has money is on some kind of Hormone Replacement Therapy(HRT) for vitality n longevity, especially if they have a public image to uphold which is their main income stream.
I dont reckon its smart to take HRT. Once you get on it your body makes even less of its own so you are basically stuck on it for the rest of your life.

^^

wait so why are we talking about Mark Sisson ? Is he a nutritionist of some sort?
Funny how he's natural according to you guys and Layne isn't..

^^

wait so why are we talking about Mark Sisson ? Is he a nutritionist of some sort?
Funny how he's natural according to you guys and Layne isn't..
i reckon Layne is natural. He's fantastic IMO. Gives excellent advice.

I've been subscribed to him for ages.

I dont reckon its smart to take HRT. Once you get on it your body makes even less of its own so you are basically stuck on it for the rest of your life.

Most people on HRT take HCG weekly which stimulates your natural testosterone levels n prevents them from declining when using synthetic testosterone.

HCG was found in Thorpes locker so you put 2 n 2 together.

Such a great story Glenferry!! Massive kudos to you for committing to such a huge change & what AMAZING results!

And I agree, would much, much rather a banana and date smoothie in the morning over a fat filled coffee!

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

No what was the path to healing? How did your body change as you changed diet? Tumours shrinking etc

Ahh I understand now. The change in my body was quite rapid, whilst I wasn't overweight to begin I did quite quickly lose fat around my midsection. I was told that was just the years and years worth of rotting animal meat etc that had clogged in my systems, a sort of detox if you will. The first couple of weeks was just watching and feeling all that toxic crap melt away from me, whilst being revitalised with an energy I hadn't felt in a long long time. Best part about it dropping all the animal crap was that I was still able to exercise and retain my muscle, whilst my body fat % decreased. I used to feel incredibly bloated and congested after consuming dairy, so not having that in my body I think was the catalyst for my system to cleanse out.

I was questioning many aspects of my life at the time. In terms of what contributing factors there might have been. Was my job too stressful, am I training too hard/too much sport etc. So there was a lot going on at the time but I took the wait and see approach. It did take a little longer though to have an effect of tumour size.

The tumours had stopped growing after about 6-8 weeks (can't recall the exact date) but just because they hadn't shrunk yet wasn't a bad thing at all. The first stage is containment, and the fact that they hadn't increased to me was a major achievement. In terms of path to healing, its difficult to pinpoint exactly but you know that feeling where you just feel better? With more energy and ability to concentrate? Example, at that job in NYC the hours were crazy, some nights getting home around midnight (if we've had an active window coinciding with the London & HK markets), but after being on this diet for a consistent period of time, I jut felt fine. Whereas before, I would literally fall asleep on the couch after getting in. Many symptoms of cancer can be quite ambiguous, but the most constant sign that I was unwell was nosebleeds. Any time of the day, without warning. It was like someone turned a tap on in my nose. Uncontrollable.

Needed to keep paper towels at my desk just incase. Particularly challenging when the market is going hot and I'm on the phone for hours at a time. But within a week to ten days of the raw vegan approach, these vanished completely. I knew I was on a winner from there and the rest took care of itself. The major tumour was in my stomach with 2 smaller ones in my neck - both gone overall within about 8-9 months (give or take). By that stage I'd moved back to Melbourne and continued that for about another 6 months anyway (just to be sure). Am no longer purely raw vegan though, I inhale cooked vegan food as much as I do fruit.

Some proof then? because as the world knows Vegans love to make things up.

Haha, I do often chuckle at your continued pot shots at vegans. The whole world knows hey? That's quite a talent you have there. The ability to speak on behalf of ~6 billion people. Amazing.

For someone who is so quick to label others as "trolls" or spouting propaganda whenever a comment is made that is beyond your capacity to understand, your hypocrisy is as laughable as it is one dimensional. I get it, you're anti-vegan. Why not demonstrate some of the same behaviours you demand of others, and stop 'trolling'?

Yes I had a chuckle at this too!

l like how Vegans think they are saving earth yet they fail to realise they are depleting the soul of its nutrients n the non organic Vegans are supporting chemical use which is destroying n polluting the environment.

And another comment that was good for a laugh this morning :)

I'm actually going to start doing this diet one of these days.

No meat.
No added fat.

I still like to fry my onions in oil and add coconut cream to my curries just because it tastes good but I'll just have to do without.

Bumping this thread has got me motivated again.

Good on you mate. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Good luck!

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Ahh I understand now. The change in my body was quite rapid, whilst I wasn't overweight to begin I did quite quickly lose fat around my midsection. I was told that was just the years and years worth of rotting animal meat etc that had clogged in my systems, a sort of detox if you will. The first couple of weeks was just watching and feeling all that toxic crap melt away from me, whilst being revitalised with an energy I hadn't felt in a long long time. Best part about it dropping all the animal crap was that I was still able to exercise and retain my muscle, whilst my body fat % decreased. I used to feel incredibly bloated and congested after consuming dairy, so not having that in my body I think was the catalyst for my system to cleanse out.

I was questioning many aspects of my life at the time. In terms of what contributing factors there might have been. Was my job too stressful, am I training too hard/too much sport etc. So there was a lot going on at the time but I took the wait and see approach. It did take a little longer though to have an effect of tumour size.

The tumours had stopped growing after about 6-8 weeks (can't recall the exact date) but just because they hadn't shrunk yet wasn't a bad thing at all. The first stage is containment, and the fact that they hadn't increased to me was a major achievement. In terms of path to healing, its difficult to pinpoint exactly but you know that feeling where you just feel better? With more energy and ability to concentrate? Example, at that job in NYC the hours were crazy, some nights getting home around midnight (if we've had an active window coinciding with the London & HK markets), but after being on this diet for a consistent period of time, I jut felt fine. Whereas before, I would literally fall asleep on the couch after getting in. Many symptoms of cancer can be quite ambiguous, but the most constant sign that I was unwell was nosebleeds. Any time of the day, without warning. It was like someone turned a tap on in my nose. Uncontrollable.

Needed to keep paper towels at my desk just incase. Particularly challenging when the market is going hot and I'm on the phone for hours at a time. But within a week to ten days of the raw vegan approach, these vanished completely. I knew I was on a winner from there and the rest took care of itself. The major tumour was in my stomach with 2 smaller ones in my neck - both gone overall within about 8-9 months (give or take). By that stage I'd moved back to Melbourne and continued that for about another 6 months anyway (just to be sure). Am no longer purely raw vegan though, I inhale cooked vegan food as much as I do fruit.

Awesome stuff.

And what was the reaction form the medical people you were seeing?

Good on you mate. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Good luck!

I'm interested to know what sort of meals you eat.

Banana smoothie for breakfast? Bowl of rice for dinner? Something like that is what the Rawtill4 plan seems to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back