News Luke Beveridge appointed senior coach of Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny... people arguing his relevance and yet no one knows what his role is.

As it stands we have a senior coach and his assistants.

Then we have the Academy with McPhee and his assistants.

Just as line coaches have their specific roles and report to the head coach (as well as impart instructions on behalf of the head coach)...

with so many coaches and levels, I would assume that Bevo's role is to oversee all areas above and then report to CP... Rather than have everyone reporting to CP.

This would allow each coach to get on with their job. Bevo is the conduit between coaches and footy dept.

It is a newly created role and obviously the club sees a need for it given its intentions to expand and set up a VFL team.

Enough of the facts and common sense please. Cant we just have a discussion without bringing them into it? :)

Yes, I've noticed a little bit of, "I don't know what he does, but I know we don't need it." o_O

As it stands we have a senior coach and his assistants.

Then we have the Academy with McPhee and his assistants.

Just as line coaches have their specific roles and report to the head coach (as well as impart instructions on behalf of the head coach)...

with so many coaches and levels, I would assume that Bevo's role is to oversee all areas above and then report to CP... Rather than have everyone reporting to CP.

This would allow each coach to get on with their job. Bevo is the conduit between coaches and footy dept.

It is a newly created role and obviously the club sees a need for it given its intentions to expand and set up a VFL team.
And we have our own VFL and Devo Teams the number of coaches will grow

Regardless, if you intend to grow then you set up the infrastructure that allows you to do so. It's called scale.... begin with the end in mind etc etc.

Yes, I've noticed a little bit of, "I don't know what he does, but I know we don't need it." o_O

A bit like the national broadband network...

My mail is that the club is also set to offer a new position to Gordon Fode.

Summers. Finnis and pelch were overheard at a local Chinese restaurant today where they were discussing the acquisition of Fode to assist Luke in his new role.

Apparently the club aims to have the best Fode and Beveridge department in the AFL by 2018.

Last edited:
Apparently the club aims to have the best Fode and Beveridge department in the AFL by 2018.
th
:p:p:p

Last edited:
I spoke to the club today and they told me that as yet they have no idea what the position entails, but they will inform members as soon as they find a viable explanation.
ahh, you should have put a rolling eyes on it comnent. some might even take that seriously.

The way I see it without any inside knowledge is;

CP Head of Football
AB TPP Manager
AR Head Coach
LB Director of Coaching, overseeing 3 line coaches, 3 Development coaches, Sandy coach & assistant coaches.
I suppose you could say he will be the coaches coach

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly gone before he even starts his job at St Kilda properly. :eek:

Good luck to him though, seems highly rated for a reason.

I think that the SKFC have been in negotiation with Beverage for some time and had already brokered a deal for him to move to us.

Like any assistant at any club, we are not going to stand in his way if he snags a senior coaching role.

The fact that he is in serious contention for a senior coaching role is quite telling - he is very probably good

I think that the SKFC have been in negotiation with Beverage for some time and had already brokered a deal for him to move to us.

Like any assistant at any club, we are not going to stand in his way if he snags a senior coaching role.

The fact that he is in serious contention for a senior coaching role is quite telling - he is very probably good
We couldn't legally anyway. I think even general contract law specifically allows you to take promotions regardless of current contract.

Not sure if anyone on here has heard, but Beveridge has shortened considerably for our senior coach job, and some well-informed posters on our board have solid mail that he is a strong chance for the job. Seems to have come out of left field for our job, but obviously was in the Suns picture as well. As both a past Saint and Dog, interesting candidate, obviously rated highly by Hawks, and your club as well.

Not sure if anyone on here has heard, but Beveridge has shortened considerably for our senior coach job, and some well-informed posters on our board have solid mail that he is a strong chance for the job. Seems to have come out of left field for our job, but obviously was in the Suns picture as well. As both a past Saint and Dog, interesting candidate, obviously rated highly by Hawks, and your club as well.
He didn't apply for the Suns job as he is committed to St Kilda. So not sure he was really in the Suns picture.

Mark Stevens will report in next 48 hours that Luke will be offered the WB head coaching gig.
Believe Stevens may have good sources at the Bulldogs, from memory he could be a supporter?

Can't really be mad, I'm happy for him now knowing this. Ripper bloke

Will be a great appointment, he has succeeded everywhere he has gone.
Has some strong connection with your club playing for you, coaching in the Southern region (for St. Bedes/Mentone) and his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back