LuxBet have stolen my content

Remove this Banner Ad

"And can i just say how disenchanted i am with the legal system"

Seriously WTF! I read this whole thing and was willing to protest, chant, hunger strike or at the very least burn something to the ground and what? Nothing? I am a journalism major at uni and can i just say that you are being piss weak. Stand up for yourself. You don't have to be aggressive but they need to know that you are aware. Personally i'd be trying to get some work out of them or failing that, embarrass them on social media.

Seriously WTF! I read this whole thing and was willing to protest, chant, hunger strike or at the very least burn something to the ground and what? Nothing? I am a journalism major at uni and can i just say that you are being piss weak. Stand up for yourself. You don't have to be aggressive but they need to know that you are aware. Personally i'd be trying to get some work out of them or failing that, embarrass them on social media.

WHAT DO WE WANT

AHH...SOMETHING TO HAPPEN?

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

OH JUST WHEN OP GETS AROUND TO IT

If you want to protest, chant, hunger strike on my behalf over a piece of content that I wrote that, be my guest. I'd suggest you find a better cause though, I"m not really that special. There's plenty of other causes out there that need the kind of support you've mentioned.

My original idea was to either get compensation out of them and have it handled quietly - or - if they weren't going to step up to the plate, at least raise awareness about their business practices. However, after receiving legal advice, and advice inside this very thread, I decided it wasn't worth much effort pursuing it. I will probably send something at some stage but right now, I can't be bothered and my plate is full.

There's a delicate balancing act that nobody but I am aware of and I need to tread carefully to look after my own interests, since LuxBet are one of my sponsors, they help me pay the bills and keep a roof over my head. I was shocked that a company of this size would resort to blatantly ripping off my work, but as I've been told often imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and if I had just fired off the first thing that popped into my head I could potentially be in a bit of trouble and without achieving anything positive. I may raise this with my affiliate manager instead of the general support email and if I do, I will let you know the outcome.

I came here seeking advice because I was shocked. I wanted confirmation from people who don't know me so I got honest advice. I got some great advice, and I thank everyone who posted in the thread.

I also thank you all for your genuine concern and I don't mind being called pissweak, because it's probably true, but I have to look after myself. And hey, the Hawks went back to back so I'm still in a good mood.

I don't think its worth pursuing. Its not like they're taking food off your table.
You mentioned in an earlier post about being critical of the MPAA , so I'm guessing you've downloaded the odd copyrighted movie or song.
Is there really much of a difference between that and somebody taking your content?

I contacted my affiliate manager a while back and he agreed that it wasn't a good look and he changed the content.

The message I received about 7 months ago was the following:

We also use a third party to write our website content, so I have presented this to them and whilst they don't know what happened in this particular incident (presumably due to the length of time), they've agreed to re-write the content... I don't wish for this content to remain similar to yours any longer than necessary. Kind Regards, Name Withheld​

I'm happy with how it was handled in the end. As I've already said in this thread, I was shocked and acted irrationally at the beginning of this affair, however everything has now been resolved with no legal fees being paid by either party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back