LVFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

only got 4.....disgrace...absolute disgrace
It’s hard to see how this fits.. without knowing his plea, it was far enough off the ball for the camera not to see it and obvious significant damage to opposing player.. 4 weeks is clearly a guilty verdict but minor in comparison. You can be charged for careless high contact from a low impact jumper punch and take an auto week.. this incident is classed only three weeks greater?? Bullshit

It’s hard to see how this fits.. without knowing his plea, it was far enough off the ball for the camera not to see it and obvious significant damage to opposing player.. 4 weeks is clearly a guilty verdict but minor in comparison. You can be charged for careless high contact from a low impact jumper punch and take an auto week.. this incident is classed only three weeks greater?? Bullshit
are the people who 'run' the league incompetent or negligent? I have never heard of so many behind the play assaults (that's what they are) or citings for coward punches by one team in my life, ive spoken to a lot of people who wont let their kids go out and play seniors in the Loddon valley because of the violence. I would love someone from bridgewater try and explain why the club has so many cowardly incidents to its name.

are the people who 'run' the league incompetent or negligent? I have never heard of so many behind the play assaults (that's what they are) or citings for coward punches by one team in my life, ive spoken to a lot of people who wont let their kids go out and play seniors in the Loddon valley because of the violence. I would love someone from bridgewater try and explain why the club has so many cowardly incidents to its name.

I know of one instance where the league wanted to take strong action however AFL Vic over ruled them

I know of one instance where the league wanted to take strong action however AFL Vic over ruled them
If this is correct we need to question the direction AFL is leading country footy. Any instance of them telling any country league executive how to act around issues like this must be questioned.
On another note a lot of clubs have a no dickhead policy. It seems to be encouraged at Bridgy.Must be quite happy to be successful at any cost to their reputation.

If this is correct we need to question the direction AFL is leading country footy. Any instance of them telling any country league executive how to act around issues like this must be questioned.
On another note a lot of clubs have a no dickhead policy. It seems to be encouraged at Bridgy.Must be quite happy to be successful at any cost to their reputation.

Don't forget AFL Vic reducing sentences on appeal allowing blokes to play in GF's....the whole thing is a ******* joke

I would have thought it now goes above sanctioning for players. If a club is continuously being subject to there players bashing players off the ball, maybe it’s time they started sanctioning the club too.
Also, why aren’t the players who are cowardly hit, not taking the coward through the courts. Seen it happen in Melbourne with a high profile case. I also noticed on the national news in the last few weeks, of more cowardly instances. What’s wrong with blokes these days, that they need to dish out this garbage.

I have seen so called senior players from Bendigo who realistically are only twos players come to the league and when the young blokes are too quick or too skillful for them they punch them especially if they are not looking or have their eyes on the ball

I would have thought it now goes above sanctioning for players. If a club is continuously being subject to there players bashing players off the ball, maybe it’s time they started sanctioning the club too.
Also, why aren’t the players who are cowardly hit, not taking the coward through the courts. Seen it happen in Melbourne with a high profile case. I also noticed on the national news in the last few weeks, of more cowardly instances. What’s wrong with blokes these days, that they need to dish out this garbage.

The instance I mentioned earlier involved the league wanting to do just that but the were nobbled by AFL Vic.

If I was this latest player to be king hit...I'd be going to the cops for sure

Broadford were notorious for this stuff in the old HDFL days and were kicked out of the league...this mob are worse

Don't forget AFL Vic reducing sentences on appeal allowing blokes to play in GF's....the whole thing is a ******* joke

Surely the league and AFL Vic have to be starting to get worried about being taken to the cleaners for failing to address the behaviour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the league and AFL Vic have to be starting to get worried about being taken to the cleaners for failing to address the behaviour.
exactly right if some bloke gets his jaw broken behind play he could sue the league or the thug for loss of wages, cant play footy anymore mental anguish on going pain and suffering etc and as the thug usually has been reported and rubbed out numerous times it shows a pattern of behaviour which proves the league was negligent in their duty of care to the victim- fifty grand straight into the bank account

The instance I mentioned earlier involved the league wanting to do just that but the were nobbled by AFL Vic.

If I was this latest player to be king hit...I'd be going to the cops for sure
Roota, could be only hear say but heard today that he is going down this path and the perpetrator has history.

Yes I have heard this also...perpatrator might get what he deserves finally
Happens time and time again, no different to our justice system really.

Does anyone have a link to the final 22 in the interleague squad? Who are we expecting to star, or has it turned in to one of those things that no one gives a s**t about?

Let me see if I have this right.....if you belt a Bridgey player you cop 6 weeks. If a Bridgey bloke belts you he cops a couple at most???

Not condoning on field violence and Mildren deserves his suspension but f*^k me dead one club has demonstrated repeated violence over many season yet gets off relatively lightly on all occassions then the tribunal come out with this....get real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back