Scandal Malthouse leaves Mo Hope disgusted

Remove this Banner Ad

And that's what it's about. All this hate on the internet and delight at her failing.

Because she dared to open her mouth and voice her opinion.

So she didn't like Mick and what he had to say, judging by history on here she's not alone.

But it's ok for keyboard warriors to say it from the anonymity of the internet, just not for a woman..

Everytime a SJW opens their mouth on the internet humanity dies a little bit more.

Listen i understand SJWs want to make this world a clean wholesome place where we sing nursery rhythms around a campfire but spare us the faux moralising.

And what does that have to do with AFLW? Is she the only person to have a rough upbringing? Fact is she isn't very good and her opinion should hold the same weight as other shit AFLW players.
I mean I was talking more in relation to the complaint about her grasp of the English language based on her education not really being the right topic to hang shit on her for
And the fact that from a young age she was considered a very good footballer and nobody could have forseen the step up would be one she couldn't take, so you know based on her history maybe she'd earned some of the tyre pumping that was done

Everytime a SJW opens their mouth on the internet humanity dies a little bit more.

Listen i understand SJWs want to make this world a clean wholesome place where we sing nursery rhythms around a campfire but spare us the faux moralising.
And what are people gloating over her being delisted in a thread about an incident between her and Mick doing?

The media keep calling Mo Hope a star etc. She is not a star. Billed as one before the first AFLW season because she kicked 100 goals in a side that consistently won by over 100 points a game. But from day 1 of AFLW she has been found out as an ordinary player who only kicked 100 goals because she was playing in a dominant side against very poor players. Put her up with the best and she is very average and not worth the media coverage she gets. Cut by 2 clubs 2 years in a row tells you all you need to know.

Maybe do a bit of research hey? Look into her background and how much school she finished. What he'd junior footy was like, her accomplishment prior to the AFLW being setup.

What she's given up to look after her family etc

Completely irrelevant to the fact she is being held up as some sort of superstar and featured in everything promoting the game, yet as a player she has done nothing. Her core responsibility as a player is to perform and she has failed miserably at that.

She did alright in the old VFLW comp - was kicking over 100 goals a season. She did play some decent games for Collingwood, but yeah, over her two years there she did fall short of expectations. No idea how she went at North.

She was probably ahead of her time - if the comp had started 10 years earlier she probably would have done much better.

How many male AFL athletes can you name who are more articulate than Mo Hope?

How long have you got?

She did alright in the old VFLW comp - was kicking over 100 goals a season. She did play some decent games for Collingwood, but yeah, over her two years there she did fall short of expectations. No idea how she went at North.

She was probably ahead of her time - if the comp had started 10 years earlier she probably would have done much better.

How many male AFL athletes can you name who are more articulate than Mo Hope?

Brendan Fevola

giphy.gif

Everytime a RWNJ opens their mouth on the internet humanity dies a little bit more.

Listen i understand RWNJs want to make this world a sewer where anything goes and the only contest is to see who can be the bigger sociopath but spare us the faux moralising.

See this game can be fun and everyone can play.

Or we could do something different.

Its the current era where just being:

a female+minority
nonwhite cis male

will get you recognition and large cash deals without even having to try hard or even being talented. So many organisations are tripping over themselves to come across as arbitrators of new age morality and standards.

Its all so disingenuous and dishonest, but hey my crime seems to be that i was born white and male.

a female+minority
nonwhite cis male

will get you recognition and large cash deals without even having to try hard or even being talented. So many organisations are tripping over themselves to come across as arbitrators of new age morality and standards.

Its all so disingenuous and dishonest, but hey my crime seems to be that i was born white and male.

My heart bleeds for you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too. It's amazing how many people desperately clamour for victim status.

I know.

People keep threatening to turn me into glue and I dont complain. I just shit on their lawn.

Easy question - replace Mo with a male player who has had the same wraps, career trajectory, and been delisted twice who somehow ended up on the same panel with Mick and Jason ... if that player paid no attention, chucked a tantrum over something by taking a comment out of context, refused to speak up about his feelings/concerns or even ask for clarification while there and ran out of the building and starting tossing social media bombs ... what do you think the reaction of the patrons, the media, and the footballing public would have been? And once you realise how utterly roasted and ridiculed for his actions he would have been would you feel the same outrage and horror over that treatment or would you feel that he deserved whatever he got, had been an idiot, and hoped he would grow up one day?

Easy question - replace Mo with a male player who has had the same wraps, career trajectory, and been delisted twice who somehow ended up on the same panel with Mick and Jason ... if that player paid no attention, chucked a tantrum over something by taking a comment out of context, refused to speak up about his feelings/concerns or even ask for clarification while there and ran out of the building and starting tossing social media bombs ... what do you think the reaction of the patrons, the media, and the footballing public would have been? And once you realise how utterly roasted and ridiculed for his actions he would have been would you feel the same outrage and horror over that treatment or would you feel that he deserved whatever he got, had been an idiot, and hoped he would grow up one day?
Chris Dawes??

a female+minority
nonwhite cis male

Post on your real account.

So which poster got banned on Tuesday?

Easy question - replace Mo with a male player who has had the same wraps, career trajectory, and been delisted twice ...

Delisted twice???

She got poached from Collingwood to join North, and she’s just been delisted for the first time at age of 31. There’d be no shame in a male AFL player being delisted at that age.

... who somehow ended up on the same panel with Mick and Jason ... if that player paid no attention, chucked a tantrum over something by taking a comment out of context, refused to speak up about his feelings/concerns or even ask for clarification while there and ran out of the building and starting tossing social media bombs ... what do you think the reaction of the patrons, the media, and the footballing public would have been? And once you realise how utterly roasted and ridiculed for his actions he would have been would you feel the same outrage and horror over that treatment or would you feel that he deserved whatever he got, had been an idiot, and hoped he would grow up one day?

You can’t compare.

If a mature woman got up at a function and said that blokes shouldn’t be playing AFL footy (* Note), it would be very easy for a current male player to smirk and rock back in his chair, comfortable in the knowledge that the comp has been going for over a hundred years, is a billion dollar a year industry, and ain’t going nowhere.

Maybe if we started a male netball comp ... had the blokes try their hearts out ... then have a veteran female netball coach get up at a function and say that the blokes had no place playing netball? And then have a male player get offended and storm out in disgust? Yeah, maybe the bloke would be seen as a bit precious, but that doesn’t detract from the veteran woman being out of line (or being seen to to be out of line)

*Note: Yeah, I know Mick clarified and said that what he meant is that women shouldn’t be playing the same game, it should be a modified game. But Hope right from the first day that the AFLW was announced (before it was even known as AFLW) was very vocal about the women’s game should be exactly the same game as the men’s ... and has been staunchly opposed to the changes (16 on the field, different size footy)

Mate she was one of the few marketable players who unfortunately turned out to be a big fish in a small pond.
Not her fault that she was dominating against the competition before the AFLW lured some too shelf athletes back into footy.

We see juniors that killed it fail all the time when they step up, not her fault she was used as a face of the sport. Part of the contract she would have signed.

You may have missed it being new and all :rolleyes: But there is a fair bit of negativity towards women's footy, towards them taking stands on issues, towards women in general from certain corners of the internet and big footy has its fair share.

So yeah, some will just not like her or disagree with what she said but some in here are just a little too happy to stick the boot in at any opportunity

Re: bolded... she was actually a little fish in a big pond. Maybe back when she was kicking 100 goals a season in a lower league she was a big fish in a small pond.

I think she dominated against weaker opposition, but couldn’t step up against truly elite competitors. I don’t know if that was because of skill, dedication, training or other factors.

Anyway, it’s likely over for Mo. I hope she looks back on it as a worthwhile experience, and has earnt enough to give her a leg-up in life.

You can’t compare.

If a mature woman got up at a function and said that blokes shouldn’t be playing AFL footy (* Note), it would be very easy for a current male player to smirk and rock back in his chair, comfortable in the knowledge that the comp has been going for over a hundred years, is a billion dollar a year industry, and ain’t going nowhere.

Maybe if we started a male netball comp ... had the blokes try their hearts out ... then have a veteran female netball coach get up at a function and say that the blokes had no place playing netball? And then have a male player get offended and storm out in disgust? Yeah, maybe the bloke would be seen as a bit precious, but that doesn’t detract from the veteran woman being out of line (or being seen to to be out of line)

And if we had a male netball comp and one of the guys reacted that way he would be shredded. Ok lets make a picture ... veteran female netball coach says 'Men have no place in Netball' ... the camera swings over to Bob the male netballer and the whole world watches Bob start to cry, then run out of the room, then post about how she was so mean to him ... of *course* that would totally turn Bob into a hero a meme overnight...

Oh and if there was something about Netball that was not on due to the male physiology and they wanted to change the rules designed for females so that the males would not kill themselves that would be fine by me ... after they had done some studies / demonstrated that that was the case of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back