Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice, although I think it’ll be another close tussle. Ideally need 6pts from the next 2 games.

Would also be nice if we could bury some chances for once.
Before creating was the problem not finishing, now it’s the other way around fml this team.

It will be INEOS' debt but money will be coming out from us to help pay it off. If he can guarantee it won't, then ok, but this sounds like just another version of Glazer takeover with a different approach tbh.
Why would it? Look at their last financial report and see if they need to get money off United for debt servicing.

My arsehole puckers when i hear the word Man Utd and Debt

I am hoping it won't be Glazers 2.0 and i know it's different

Only thing is he goes 6 bill, Qatari's go 8 we are going to Qatari Baby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Radcliffe is a long-time fan of the club, isn’t he?

I haven’t looked into the details of his bid but I refuse to believe an English fan would treat the club as the Glazers have.

Yep, recently tried to buy Chelsea as wanted to get into club ownership and the Glazers weren't selling.

Why would it? Look at their last financial report and see if they need to get money off United for debt servicing.

INEOS aren’t running a charity, tho. They will want a return on the investment or else just simply taking on more debt is a risk. This is not being done out of the goodness of their heart.

In addition, they will need more loans to spend a heck tonne on the infrastructure upgrades required and possibly even investment in the team which is alot of money outgoing in a certain period of time. They’ll want to recoup that and pay off the current debt of the club and future debt of buying the club. It’s got the potential to handicap us again going forward.

If they can make it work where we are kept debt free and our revenue is used for our investment only, then superb, but I can't see it being the case, tbh.

Last edited:
INEOS aren’t running a charity, tho. They will want a return on the investment or else just simply taking on more debt is a risk. This is not being done out of the goodness of their heart.

In addition, they will need more loans to spend a * tonne on the infrastructure upgrades required and possibly even investment in the team which is alot of money outgoing in a certain period of time. They’ll want to recoup that and pay off the current debt of the club and future debt of buying the club. It’s got the potential to handicap us again going forward.

If they can make it work where we are kept debt free and our revenue is used for our investment only, then superb, but I can't see it being the case, tbh.
INEOS will make their money on United as an investment through capital growth. INEOS had £3.6B EBITDA in the 2021 financial year and £2.1B NPAT. Loan servicing is not an issue for them.

I don't know what they will do with the stadium but the Spurs arrangement is pretty good. £30m per annum in repayments over 25 years. Easy even in our name.

INEOS will make their money on United as an investment through capital growth.

This is still a risk, tho. Absorbing a heckton of debt + high interest payments for x amount of time for nothing guaranteed in return. Could prove to be an absolute master-stroke or a complete disaster.

I guess we need more communication from him around this if he is indeed successful. What his exact plans are around this financing, etc as atm, everything is just a guess.

This is still a risk, tho. Absorbing a *ton of debt + high interest payments for x amount of time for nothing guaranteed in return. Could prove to be an absolute master-stroke or a complete disaster.

I guess we need more communication from him around this if he is indeed successful. What his exact plans are around this financing, etc as atm, everything is just a guess.
This will come in time to be fair. He has mentioned in the past that he wouldn't be taking dividends out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back