Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
good game in the morning that one. always nice to see the great man CR7

Pre-season form is good, but we still need 3-4 players, 2 more in midfield and 2 more in defence.

Can someone tell me where the **** Nicky Powell is? Kid is full of talent, why is he not getting any pre-season game time at all.... injured?

Fletcher has been very impressive.

Was going to say myself, he's actually looking very good now that he's fit again. He's the perfect player to partner Herrera in a midfield that will move the ball well and create chances but still cover the defence and stop crucial plays.

Looks promising:thumbsu:

It was a weird one, all along the rumours were coming from Italy and Chile, with most media reports in the UK saying there was no interest.

I think we were interested early on maybe, but completely dropped it a couple of weeks ago. Vidal was always likely to stay at juventus, no surprise there.

It was a weird one, all along the rumours were coming from Italy and Chile, with most media reports in the UK saying there was no interest.

I think we were interested early on maybe, but completely dropped it a couple of weeks ago. Vidal was always likely to stay at juventus, no surprise there.

I still maintain it is completely media driven.

Medical done - false
Terms agreed - false
bid made - false over and over again.

If terms were agreed (first reported like a month ago) we would have made an actual bid. Transfer sagas can be stupid.

Alright game at the moment, 3-1 up with a few mins left.

Good to have a real good preseason. Now LvG can clear the dead wood and bring in 2-3 essential signings.

We played well enough, We definitely have holes we need to fill, but I'm still confident we can finish top four with the cattle we have. Young very well may have found his role as a LWB. Fletcher was horrible today, just couldn't hit a pass, hopefully it was just one of those days (which i think it was). Our front 4 will score more than enough goals, though I'm curious to see how LVG will play Rooney, RVP and Mata. We know that playing both RVP and Rooney up front doesn't work and we can't play Mata as a wing back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And they said we wouldn't win a trophy this year :rolleyes:

We played well enough, We definitely have holes we need to fill, but I'm still confident we can finish top four with the cattle we have. Young very well may have found his role as a LWB. Fletcher was horrible today, just couldn't hit a pass, hopefully it was just one of those days (which i think it was). Our front 4 will score more than enough goals, though I'm curious to see how LVG will play Rooney, RVP and Mata. We know that playing both RVP and Rooney up front doesn't work and we can't play Mata as a wing back.

I think RvP will replace Hernandez/Welbeck in the staring 11. Both he and Rooney will play up front with Mata in behind.

Our GK is excellent and so is our attack. Herrera really needs a top quality midfielder next to him.

I think RvP will replace Hernandez/Welbeck in the staring 11. Both he and Rooney will play up front with Mata in behind.

Our GK is excellent and so is our attack. Herrera really needs a top quality midfielder next to him.

We tried Rooney and RVP together when we first signed RVP, it didn't work at all. Fletcher has done enough this season to see him start with Herrera, I can't see us signing any real quality now.

We tried Rooney and RVP together when we first signed RVP, it didn't work at all. Fletcher has done enough this season to see him start with Herrera, I can't see us signing any real quality now.

That's going to be the set up, RvP slightly in front of Roo but both will be in front of Mata, we haven't gone with that formation all pre-season to not do it.

That's going to be the set up, RvP slightly in front of Roo but both will be in front of Mata, we haven't gone with that formation all pre-season to not do it.

We'll definitely do it, but I'm not sure it'll work. RVP only plays well when he's the main man upfront. I guess we'll see what happens though.

He's got to take a look at Fellaini and Januzaj and the rest of the under 21's and the academy including the likes of Pereira, Pearson, Varela, Vermijl and those other Belgian lads.
With Lingard in central midfield, i can't really tell how he is suited cause of the limited playing time

He's got to take a look at Fellaini and Januzaj and the rest of the academy including the likes of Pereira and Pearson.
With Lingard in central midfield, i can't really tell how he is suited cause of the limited playing time

Fellaini is gone. I have no idea where the hell Janu has been, but i'm not sure he can even play WB. Lingard usually plays as CAM, but I'm confident he can make the transition into CM, though his defense isn't the best.

Fellaini is gone. I have no idea where the hell Janu has been, but i'm not sure he can even play WB. Lingard usually plays as CAM, but I'm confident he can make the transition into CM, though his defense isn't the best.

Janu was injured wasn't he? He'll be on the wings rotating.

I hope Fellaini is gone :) I reckon if Januzaj plays behind the strikers, he would absoulutely beast it. It'd be a waste of his attacking prowess to play him at WB. Even as a striker, he could do really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back