Marcus Bontempelli vs. Christian Petracca

Bont or Trac

• Bont

Votes: 118 79.7%
  • Trac

Votes: 30 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Picked Bont then went na Trac. Difficult. Bont better for longer. Petracca better to watch. But I think Bonts leadership stops him from being as flashy. He's too level headed. That might sound dumb I get it. But if Bont wasn't captain. Do you think he would play with more flare, freedom and instinct like Petracca? Personally I think so. But the leadership is too valuable so you take Bont the leader first. Not having a go. You'd pick either one out of a hat and wouldn't regret it.
I don’t think so only because Bont has always played as he has even prior to the captaincy. I get what you mean though. Afraid to make a mistake because of how you’re perceived as a leader.

The last time a Bulldogs legend was compared to a Demons legend the Bulldogs player got the nod as the better player (Whitten v Barassi). And when I say got the nod, Whitten was considered the better player, if only by a small margin. Both were arguably the best two players in the game at the time.

Barassi got the premierships though (Whitten one).

Naturally, I hope history repeats.

Bont just as he's a better user of the ball and does more of the dirty work.
The 2 best players in the game by a fair margin.

Oliver is quicker than Petracca currently. Oliver is lightning fast. People just love to label an accumulator as lacking hurt factor but the reality is over 100m, I'm backing Oliver over most fast players in the comp. And cripps has never been the best mid in the game, let alone for 2 years straight.

. . . . . . ageing like a fine wine your posts about Clarry :D

he hasn't had a pre-season and is clearly injured. It's a good thing he's got the runs on the board as a 2 time afl coaches vote winner. Speaks for itself.

Petracca is a superior athlete full stop. To suggest otherwise shows how little you actually watch the game.
Petracca carrying an injury can go forward and become a weapon. Oliver cannot.

Petracca is a superior athlete full stop. To suggest otherwise shows how little you actually watch the game.
Petracca carrying an injury can go forward and become a weapon. Oliver cannot.
And Joel Smith is a better athlete than both of them, what's your point? Oliver is faster than Petracca quite comfortably. How can you say watch games. If you watched games you'd see that Petracca literally hobbles over the field with his awkward running gate. Petracca can't go forward because his goal kicking is too poor. His statistics in front of goal speak for themself. Oliver is the better player and this has been proven with the coaches at Melbourne giving him more BnF's. His accolades speak for themselves. More BnF's, more coaches votes.

Anyone criticising Oliver this year probably hasn't played any sort of competitive sport in their life or have any idea what sort of preparation is required to get to a high level. The fact that Oliver is even playing AFL despite no pre-season is quite astonishing. I didn't think he'd be playing until about mid-season.

The Bonk by a whisker, he was put on this earth to play footy and fk me is he good at it

And Joel Smith is a better athlete than both of them, what's your point? Oliver is faster than Petracca quite comfortably. How can you say watch games. If you watched games you'd see that Petracca literally hobbles over the field with his awkward running gate. Petracca can't go forward because his goal kicking is too poor. His statistics in front of goal speak for themself. Oliver is the better player and this has been proven with the coaches at Melbourne giving him more BnF's. His accolades speak for themselves. More BnF's, more coaches votes.

Anyone criticising Oliver this year probably hasn't played any sort of competitive sport in their life or have any idea what sort of preparation is required to get to a high level. The fact that Oliver is even playing AFL despite no pre-season is quite astonishing. I didn't think he'd be playing until about mid-season.
Seek help.

Wow, the definition of a broken record in the dictionary is you :tearsofjoy:

It’s pretty obviously Bont but who cares.

It’s like comparing Ablett and Judd. One was somehow a level above the other but you don’t knock Judd for not being Ablett.

Two champions of not just this generation but the game. I do think Petracca is still somewhat underrated and it’s going to take retirement for us to realise just how good he is.

Back