Marcus Bontempelli vs. Christian Petracca

Bont or Trac

• Bont

Votes: 118 79.7%
  • Trac

Votes: 30 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You would have to say Bont is the better footballer and Trac is the better athlete

But the poll should be a lot closer

Took Petracca years to finally deliver and become the player many expected.
Bontempelli was a star from literally day one and has managed to get better with age (alike Petracca as well).

Pure footballer is Bont.
Another Pendlebury but with the goal kicking and marking prowess on top of it all.

Took Petracca years to finally deliver and become the player many expected.
Bontempelli was a star from literally day one and has managed to get better with age (alike Petracca as well).

Pure footballer is Bont.
Another Pendlebury but with the goal kicking and marking prowess on top of it all.
Yeah I agree. Tbf Petracca did do his ACL in his first presseason and didn't make his debut until half way through his second year because of that. So he was behind the 8 ball from day dot.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Nah it's very close. Bont has had a better career to date but I'd say that Trac is more destructive at his best.
How is he "more destructive"?

Trac averages 0.04 more goals over his career and has spent significantly more time as a forward

Both guns, but always irks me that little bit when Petracca just bombs it into the Demons F50, unless thats there game plan, feel that part of his game should be better

You really are a clueless dope.

Probably the worst football judge I've come across, which is no mean feat.
explain why Oliver has won more Bnf's. 🤔

you realise the coaches rated Oliver higher and the demons coaches did too. Please explain this away. or are the dees internal coaches plus all 18 afl coaches 'clueless dopes' too.

not sure if its because he has a better team surrounding him or not, but i worry more about petracca than i do about bontempelli when my team is playing against them. so petracca for me.
So by that logic Zac Bailey is better than Lachie Neale because no one worries about Neale?

So by that logic Zac Bailey is better than Lachie Neale because no one worries about Neale?
id be very surprised if nobody worried about lachie neale when playing brisbane. maybe youre projecting your own opinion onto everyone else?

neale would be the most heavily tagged player in the competition over the last 5 years. pundits point to his influence and stats and the correlation they have to brisbane wins

ridiculous post

id be very surprised if nobody worried about lachie neale when playing brisbane. maybe youre projecting your own opinion onto everyone else?

neale would be the most heavily tagged player in the competition over the last 5 years. pundits point to his influence and stats and the correlation they have to brisbane wins

ridiculous post
Neale the most heavily tagged? Is this a P155 take?

Neale kicked a massive 3 goals this season teams aren't as worried about accumulators as you seem to think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

explain why Oliver has won more Bnf's. 🤔

you realise the coaches rated Oliver higher and the demons coaches did too. Please explain this away. or are the dees internal coaches plus all 18 afl coaches 'clueless dopes' too.
When did I mention Oliver ?

Bontempelli is not ''easily'' better than Petracca and I can give you a heap of data that suggests Petracca is the more valuable player.

When did I mention Oliver ?

Bontempelli is not ''easily'' better than Petracca and I can give you a heap of data that suggests Petracca is the more valuable player.
as long as you include the stat the Petracca is statistically the worst shot at goal out all 700 afl players over a 3 year period. his misses absolutely torch us, gift wraps momentum to the other teams. If it wasn't for this, I'd take Petracca.

Obviously i'll go Bont but am suprised by the poll difference. Either one you pick is a sound choice and it's not that big of a gap.

Think it’s because Bont has been a star from his second year, Petracca wasn’t a ‘star’ until 2020. I do think Petracca has been better since 2020 but I get I’m probably biased and they’re very close.

Bont is the best in the business IMO. Trac is fantastic and definitely in the top 5, too. He's probably my favourite player.

The discrepancy in the poll does NOT indicate the size of the gap between them, which is marginal, but that MOST people see Bont a hair in front.

Bont is the best in the business IMO. Trac is fantastic and definitely in the top 5, too. He's probably my favourite player.

The discrepancy in the poll does NOT indicate the size of the gap between them, which is marginal, but that MOST people see Bont a hair in front.
This.

It's why votes that end up in a landslide being branded as a "smashing" or any other similar word confuses me. I think Bontempelli is better, but I think Petracca is better than 99.5% of all players in the league.

Picked Bont then went na Trac. Difficult. Bont better for longer. Petracca better to watch. But I think Bonts leadership stops him from being as flashy. He's too level headed. That might sound dumb I get it. But if Bont wasn't captain. Do you think he would play with more flare, freedom and instinct like Petracca? Personally I think so. But the leadership is too valuable so you take Bont the leader first. Not having a go. You'd pick either one out of a hat and wouldn't regret it.

Back