Margaret Thatcher

Remove this Banner Ad

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...abuse-60-people-report-finds?CMP=share_btn_fb

The report revealed how Savile’s charitable work and status within the hospital were boosted by Thatcher, who in 1980 sponsored him as the lead fundraiser and commissioning project manager for a £10m campaign to rebuild the spinal injuries unit (NSIC) – a move which gave him “virtually uncontested authority and control”. Savile flattered Thatcher during several meetings, including trips to Chequers, the prime minister’s country residence.

First there was an ongoing dependence on Savile’s charitable funds which ensured his continued position of power and influence at the hospital which was often detrimental to service management,” she said. “Second, Savile was able to access a new cohort of victims for his sexual abuse in the guise of young charity fundraisers to the hospital.”

You are just regurgitating the usual crap from the Guardian, which has form for accusing Tories of paedo links (nearly all of which of late have been proven to be false)

article-2253929-16AA26BE000005DC-376_634x468.jpg

The fact these two horrible pricks died so close to each other is deserving.

I realise that an entire political party being a bunch of pedos is incredibly unlikely, Saville's history with child molestation was well rumoured at the least and littered in facts of police pay-offs, hospital cover ups, and iconic company blind eyes... you're an idiot if you think Thatcher hadn't at least heard of these stories. Most people in Britain had heard stuff about Saville. And yet these two pose for photos and spend every Christmas together for a decade.

Vile ******* pricks the lot of them. Going to even the 'prosperous' northern towns of the UK makes you realise why antiquated divides, which shouldn't still exist, still do. You can physically see how the literal walls changed (for the browner, for the glummer, for the worse) in even bonafide cities. Maybe that's my Yorkshire blood but *.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Guardian were right about Iraq.

Both The Guardian and The Observer supported the Iraq War, mealy mouthing it as "supporting Iraq being disarmed".

From The Guardian leader of February 6, 2003.

It is not credible to argue, as Iraq did in its initial reaction to Mr Powell, that it is simply all lies. It may be that some of what he said is unfounded or exaggerated. But not all of it. As we have noted on numerous occasions, Iraq is not cooperating with the UN in the way the world has a right to expect. Mr Powell has reinforced that impression. Saddam, that bloodiest of dictators who has caused so much pain and suffering for so long, is once again recklessly courting the very disaster so many people rightly fear. Iraqi behaviour must change radically and without any more delay.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2003/feb/06/foreignpolicy.usa

And medusala is 100 per cent correct about the BBC having a huge case to answer on Saville, one lasting decades.

A very good friend of mine works there and rest assured his behaviour was no surprise to staff and many were disgusted by the repeated cover ups by senior management.

That said, tis a shame the Provies missed Thatcher when they did. Horrid woman. Common little grocer shop girl with a chip on her shoulder.

And medusala is 100 per cent correct about the BBC having a huge case to answer on Saville, one lasting decades.

A very good friend of mine works there and rest assured his behaviour was no surprise to staff and many were disgusted by the repeated cover ups by senior management.

I think the same way about how Gary Reilly (Hey Dad producer)knew about what Robert Hughes (Mr Kelly Hey Dad) and did nothing because it would cost him money.

Surely though, the true mark of greatness is universal respect?

I think she got universal respect, she dragged Britain out of it's winter of discontent, shut down non profitable nationalized industries and changed the mindset of a generation. She is rated (in the top 5) best Prime Minister England ever.

You are just regurgitating the usual crap from the Guardian, which has form for accusing Tories of paedo links (nearly all of which of late have been proven to be false)

Old mate Tom Watson in a spot over his Leon Brittain stuff.

article-2253929-16AA26BE000005DC-376_634x468.jpg

The fact these two horrible pricks died so close to each other is deserving.

I realise that an entire political party being a bunch of pedos is incredibly unlikely, Saville's history with child molestation was well rumoured at the least and littered in facts of police pay-offs, hospital cover ups, and iconic company blind eyes... you're an idiot if you think Thatcher hadn't at least heard of these stories. Most people in Britain had heard stuff about Saville. And yet these two pose for photos and spend every Christmas together for a decade.

Vile ******* pricks the lot of them. Going to even the 'prosperous' northern towns of the UK makes you realise why antiquated divides, which shouldn't still exist, still do. You can physically see how the literal walls changed (for the browner, for the glummer, for the worse) in even bonafide cities. Maybe that's my Yorkshire blood but ****.

That is plain and utter crap. Media types certainly knew stuff or had heard rumours, but the average person on the street had no idea, hence the shock.

Also, people forget that Thatcher, while not my cup of tea politically, did win three general elections. She was very popular among many Brits (well, the English anyway).

She also governed in very difficult times. She was fighting an insurgency against one of the most ruthless and effective guerrilla armies in history. One that killed her best friend in a bomb in the car park of parliament. An army that very nearly killed her too.

As regards political parties full of paedos, the worst PROVEN paedo MP was actually a Lib Dem in Cyril Smith.

I think the same way about how Gary Reilly (Hey Dad producer)knew about what Robert Hughes (Mr Kelly Hey Dad) and did nothing because it would cost him money.

Don't know enough about the Robert Hughes situation to comment, but what the Beeb did in shutting down the Panorama stuff was inexcusable.

I think she got universal respect, she dragged Britain out of it's winter of discontent, shut down non profitable nationalized industries and changed the mindset of a generation. She is rated (in the top 5) best Prime Minister England ever.

She's rated by people who supported, despised by those who opposed. She was lucky that she got a weak and divided opposition - Labour going left, the SDP split - and her "achievements" are largely overrated.

What's better? A unionised British Rail, or gouging privatised companies that run ridiculously expensive services that are no better than what BR offered?

She also laid the seeds for Britain's ongoing economic woes with the Big Bang.

She is despised in Scotland and in much of northern England. By no means universally respected.

Even her own party knifed her in the end.

She's rated by people who supported, despised by those who opposed. She was lucky that she got a weak and divided opposition - Labour going left, the SDP split - and her "achievements" are largely overrated.

What's better? A unionised British Rail, or gouging privatised companies that run ridiculously expensive services that are no better than what BR offered?

She also laid the seeds for Britain's ongoing economic woes with the Big Bang.

She is despised in Scotland and in much of northern England. By no means universally respected.

Even her own party knifed her in the end.

Do you think Cameron got a weak and divided opposition now?

Maggie may have sowed the seeds but Gordon Brown harvested the crop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back