Mark Maclure

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoy watching McClueless.... It's a comedy routine.

Taking the fluro glasses off, putting them on, taking them off, putting them on.

Seems to be a nervous thing? Can't seem to control himself.

They guy is probably 60, but looks 85..., definitely senile...,, rants like a crazy old cat woman.

McClueless also comes from the 'I hate Richmond Club'.

It's moronic members include such luminaries as:

Dennis (game show host) Commetti
David (had too many knocks to the head) Parkin
Tony (small man, mental giant) Shaw
Dwayne (loves the sound of his own voice) Russell
Matthew (throws up grass to check the wind in an indoor stadium) Lloyd
Eddie (I want any even competition as long as Collingwood have everything) McGuire

There is another difference between McClure sand KB. When not in his joking "I hate Carlton" mood, KB actually has something intelligent to say about footy. McClure's only capable of saying that the winning team "came to play" or that the losing team "didn't want it enough". He has the personality of a Vogon, the charisma of a car park and the analytical astuteness of a particularly thick amoeba. He is bald and fat and he played for Carlton. I have known anal warts that were more amiable and charming.

Didn't he go to Brisbane Bears when they started up then retire?. I'm sure each club had to nominate 3 listed players to go up there when they started up ,so the filth gave them him and 2 others (cant remember who) but they were all retiring or injured.

Mark Maclure, brilliantly summed up by TOT70 last year on PRE:
http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=48121.270
Simple. Mark Maclure is one of the Carlton hard men of the late 1970s.

Having been a young Blue, finding his feet in the VFL when the Tigers were up and about, he would sleep with the lights on all week before a game against the Tigers. When he finally nodded off, the shadowy figures of Neil Balme, Ricky McLean and Rough Robbie McGhie would prance around in his nightmares, all bony elbows and rock-like fists of fury. He would wake in fright, cold sweat dripping down his furrowed brow. Fear ruled his life.

When the Tigers lost their way, he couldn't believe it for he first ten years. His wife grew tired of having to pinch him all the time. He knew that his fear was irrational (but still real) for the next ten. It was still real to him. Finally, he started to feel comfortable again sometime around the start of the new millenium. Many years of Counselling, combined with powerful drugs allowed him to finally slay his inner demons. Well, not so much slay, as accost them with his acidic but mostly benign verbal barbs.

In the 1970s, the chandelier, in all its glory, was on all night. In the 1980s, a couple of bed-room lamps were all that was needed and by the 1990s, he had graduated to a small, but powerful, night-light. As his confidence grew, he began making innocuous comments about Richmond's incompetence, only in mutters under his breath at first, just in case Sheedy or Malthouse were around and took offence.

When he realised that they didn't care, he was empowered...........a little bit anyway. Mutter turned to sottovoce, which in turn soon became a little voice, a watershed moment for him. For ages, sound came from him but his lips barely moved, just in case his words were heard by Hafey or even Bartlett. After all, who would want Gollum Bartlett running around in his dreams?

Twelve years without a finals appearance emboldened him. The big man with the pea-heart became the media commentator with the potty-mouth. Richo's a sook, Deledio is a girl, what were they thinking, Tambling before Buddy, Jack can't play.

It is now 2013, and the night-light is back on. Balme and McLean were laid to rest long ago but there is now another in his dreams, strong, aggressive, jaw set in granite, arms that are bigger than his own chicken legs, a sleeve tattoo, an anti-hero from the back blocks of West Heidelberg, where they eat night-lights for breakfast.

We dare you, Maclure. Say something nasty about Jakey. Go on, we dares ya!

FWIW, I had a beer or three with Maclure (and Tony Jewell - they're mates) a few years back and he was alright.

Maclure might hate richmond, but he makes a lot of sense with the things he says. I don't care if I get bagged for this, the dumbest c*** in the media is robinson, how does this bloke get a gig on radio and on fox and other stations, it's a JOKE!!!

Maclure might hate richmond, but he makes a lot of sense with the things he says. I don't care if I get bagged for this, the dumbest c*** in the media is robinson, how does this bloke get a gig on radio and on fox and other stations, it's a JOKE!!!

Because he comes across as a blokey type supporter.

He is all bluster and no substance.

I have even stopped watching AFL360 because of him and the Essendon propaganda that spews forth.

Why not call it the Hangar360 and be done with it.

McClueless also comes from the 'I hate Richmond Club'.

It's moronic members include such luminaries as:

Dennis (game show host) Commetti
David (had too many knocks to the head) Parkin
Tony (small man, mental giant) Shaw
Dwayne (loves the sound of his own voice) Russell
Matthew (throws up grass to check the wind in an indoor stadium) Lloyd
Eddie (I want any even competition as long as Collingwood have everything) McGuire

You forgot Luke "im a flog" Darcy

You forgot Luke "im a flog" Darcy

Darcy is using the Golden era of Footscray to hold any credence in the media.

If you ask yourself what was achieved in this Golden era then the answer is the same as Darcy; it is all a fallacy

Dermott maybe a numphty but he has 5 premierships to his name which is 4 more than Footscray has in it's existence in the AFL/VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back