Mark Maclure's bias

Remove this Banner Ad

You could replace Maclure with most of the commentators. A prime example last night was when Treloar had that run along the boundary in the last getting past 3 dogs players which was unbelievable but they said nothing. But Bontempelli drops the ball and they say it did it on purpose. The media shape the way a lot of people see and judge the football. They are happen to go on about how we butcher the ball(which we do so no problem there) but a guy like Dangerfield will be running on his own and butcher it and they don't mention a thing.
Absolutely. But still, many continually get sucked into reading as gospel, a journo's opinion.

Well he's right. Post the first Carlton game our attendance figures have been poor. We've bled at least 10-15k members because the supporters just don't like the way we're tracking and the attendances now are the rusted ons. Yes Maclure is a deadset flog, but on this one he's on the money.

My only interest beyond that was Ed's reaction to his comments? Because he is generally on that panel.

Well he's right. Post the first Carlton game our attendance figures have been poor. We've bled at least 10-15k members because the supporters just don't like the way we're tracking and the attendances now are the rusted ons. Yes Maclure is a deadset flog, but on this one he's on the money.

My only interest beyond that was Ed's reaction to his comments? Because he is generally on that panel.
No Ed on the Friday night panel last night, probably because of perceived COI. Sandy was the host.

i'm still dreaming of the day when we take on his blue bagging @#$% in a top of the table clash, to me he's just pouring petrol on the fire until that day comes again. typical carlton comments. bring it on mcclure

In comparative terms, he's not wrong...crowds are f@#&$% this year. I like the man. Says it how it is. Loves his Blues and isnt afraid to throw shade on their rivals but so what..... We'd do the same.

How is he not wrong? We are number 1 for attendance. Isn't that the definition of being wrong? Saying the most attended team in the league is being abandoned by their fans?

Then I pit the rest of the league because more folks are attending our games than any other club

Then I pit the rest of the league because more folks are attending our games than any other club

Tell me about it. Aside from the SA clubs and Sydney its been a poor year for attendances. The trend usually follows our performances if ours are rubbish the rest of the leagues suffer...

He acts the same with Richmond. Probably hates us even more tbh. :p

No problem with him having an opinion or even a dislike of a team on his own time, but he's paid to provide neutral and unbiased commentary and analysis, and all he provides on his weekly segments and game-day calling is boofheaded, spineless sniping of the teams he hates, all the while talking up how good his Blues are going.

Apparently Collingwood and Richmond are having awful seasons, while Carlton is having a very strong and brave first season under Bolton with the "youth", yet he fails to acknowledge that both the Pies and Tigers have won 2 extra games than the Blues have in 2016 while consistently, all year round, fielding younger and more inexperienced teams than the Blues have been. :drunk:

He is literally the worst commentator in the history of commentating; people throw around the word "flog" too hastily these days, but Mark Maclure is a dead-set, bonafide flog of the highest order, and if there was any justice in the world, the bloke would be in the Centrelink dole line as of 2017. :thumbsu:

I had this weird dream a few weeks ago where Maclure tried to hit me up for some money as he was complaining that he didn't get paid enough for his radio and tv gigs.

I kid you not.

Dreams are weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had this weird dream a few weeks ago where Maclure tried to hit me up for some money as he was complaining that he didn't get paid enough for his radio and tv gigs.

I kid you not.

Dreams are weird.
They sure are.
I dreamt of two sisters last night.
True story - I have no idea who they are/were.

Edit: I know which dream I'd prefer.

They sure are.
I dreamt of two sisters last night.
True story - I have no idea who they are/were.
Alrighty you have me hooked

And????????? Details man!! I need details!

Bkth0TBCcAAJege.jpg

well he has cultivated this "hard hitting, no nonsense" image while he was on the ABC. Now it's got him a gig on Fox - probably as a result of some focus groups that said that they liked his "hard hitting, no nonsense" approach. Soon people will get bored of him.... just look at Rex. Of course if he sleeps with the boss like Jason Dunstall did, he might get his own show on fox and we'll have to put up with him a little longer...

as Mick used to say, "the maclure is boring but the Pie is patient.."

i'm contemplating more important questions
are beach volleyballers better to watch than athletes?
should all female athletes be required to jiggle before a race?
which athletes wear the smallest clothing?

Billy Picken has left a scar on him for life

I go to many Bulldogs games because I have AFL Membership which entitles me to 40 games.
Actually have 5 of them - whole family and kids only go to Pies games.
Usually catch up with mates at the footy.
Anyway, I always sit near Billy in aisle 12 at Etihad.
A few months ago I ran into him & though I'd be a smart ass and ask him a question.
I go to him, "Hey Billy, do you mind if I ask you something"?
He said yeah no problems.
I asked him: " mate why didn't you hit that k--hunt Maclure harder in that clip they always show in AFL360. :D:D:D:D:D:D:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:
He didn't want to give a straight reply but found it funny.
Billy should have done to the k--hunt what Banks did to Rhys Jones.
He hates us more than anyone.

I go to many Bulldogs games because I have AFL Membership which entitles me to 40 games.
Actually have 5 of them - whole family and kids only go to Pies games.
Usually catch up with mates at the footy.
Anyway, I always sit near Billy in aisle 12 at Etihad.
A few months ago I ran into him & though I'd be a smart ass and ask him a question.
I go to him, "Hey Billy, do you mind if I ask you something"?
He said yeah no problems.
I asked him: " mate why didn't you hit that k--hunt Maclure harder in that clip they always show in AFL360. :D:D:D:D:D:D:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:
He didn't want to give a straight reply but found it funny.
Billy should have done to the k--hunt what Banks did to Rhys Jones.
He hates us more than anyone.
Billy had great hands, marked anything that came near him and in all conditions too

In comparative terms, he's not wrong...crowds are f@#&$% this year. I like the man. Says it how it is. Loves his Blues and isnt afraid to throw shade on their rivals but so what..... We'd do the same.

This.

Now granted I was born in '86 so thankfully missed the late 70s/early 80s.
I love his DGAF attitude, but he also has a way of being able to laugh at himself which I find endearing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back