Prediction Who will do better next year Billy Frampton or Mark Keane

Who will do better next year Billy Frampton or Mark Keane?

• Mark Keane

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Billy Frampton

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • Both will have limited impact

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Billy Frampton - Mark Keane won't have an impact

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Mark Keane - Billy Frampton won't have an impact

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Both will have an impact for their respective teams

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

hollyfasolo

Senior List
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Will be interesting to see which of these players has a better 2023 - I always thought Keane had alot of potential - started showing signs before he left - sad to see him in a Crows jumper :oops::'(

A28I9909.jpg
Mark-Keane-WEB.png

Frampton and it isn’t particularly close. Toolsy defender who can slot into one of the best backlines in the league and just play a role, vs an undersized Gaelic convert who, if he even gets a game, will be joining a dumpster fire.

Frampton and it isn’t particularly close. Toolsy defender who can slot into one of the best backlines in the league and just play a role, vs an undersized Gaelic convert who, if he even gets a game, will be joining a dumpster fire.
I think Keane's sport is hurling. Or does he play both?

I think Keane's sport is hurling. Or does he play both?

You may be correct; either way, he’s a convert to AFL who has already taken time away from AFL.

Will be interesting to see which of these players has a better 2023 - I always thought Keane had alot of potential - started showing signs before he left - sad to see him in a Crows jumper :oops::'(

A28I9909.jpg
Mark-Keane-WEB.png

Yeah i was confident on Keane early but his development stalled imo

He may still develop into a handy player but in Frampton we are getting a physically bigger, more mature footballer who has posted stats in defence at AFL and SANFL level that I doubt Keane ever will

Frampton > Keane

every day of the week and twice on Sunday

Frampton looks like a tough character.He has the eye of the tiger,to quote that old song.If looks are anything to go by,I think he’ll contribute more than Keane will this year.

If the question was posted on this board in 2021, I wonder if we would land on the same answer?

If this question was posted on the Adelaide board today, I wonder if they would land on the same answer?

🤔

If the question was posted on this board in 2021, I wonder if we would land on the same answer?

If this question was posted on the Adelaide board today, I wonder if they would land on the same answer?

🤔
Why would we have been comparing a KPD with KPF/ Ruck? I’m reasonably confident few on the Crows board have seen Keane live and all would have seen Frampton live at SANFL level so they would know of Frampton’s ability…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe but the question is “who will do better?”, so the system they’re walking into is highly relevant. Frampton will have all the support he could ask for, in terms of quality teammates in his area on the ground.

With Dean out for an extended period now, Frampton just became more important. Not sure how the club sees him, in so far as whether he’s a matchup option or vying with Murphy to play every week, but we’re going to see plenty of him.

Last edited:
Why would we have been comparing a KPD with KPF/ Ruck? I’m reasonably confident few on the Crows board have seen Keane live and all would have seen Frampton live at SANFL level so they would know of Frampton’s ability…
Even at that point having seen Keane as KPD I’d have backed a 200cm athletic fwd/ruck type to do a better job.

Even at that point having seen Keane as KPD I’d have backed a 200cm athletic fwd/ruck type to do a better job.
Perhaps the question that should be asked given that’s such a great point is Keane or Begg? Both are unknown quantities instead of the known quantity of Frampton.

Adelaide fans don't rate frampton...so it's a wait and see.

Must admit I had high hopes originally for Keane...however he looked a spud of the highest order

Billy has played the last four games. Keane hasn't played any. Interesting aside, Billy is 2 metres tall. Dan McStay is 1.96cm.

Back