Prediction Who will be named Vice Captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kes1984

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2022
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Assuming we name a replacement for Taylor Adams and don’t just go with Maynard and Howe only, who is your tip to take on the vice captaincy and why?

Last edited:

Not sure - wonder if Nick goes into the leadership group, or if it’s too early
He already has what it takes in his attributes on and off the field I reckon. But is he just too young? I think so. Give it a few years and absolutely. He should taken over as Captain when Darcy steps aside.

'Taylor Adams, Jeremy Howe and the newly promoted Brayden Maynard will round out the Magpies’ leadership group as co vice-captains.'

We have 3 vice captains, so 2 without Adams. Hmm maybe Crisp or Mitchell

I dont really know tbh, I know he is in leadership group i dont know the exact workings outside of the obvious captain
Same. Like why did Bruzzy do both games round 23 and 24? When he was talking post game round 23, it sounded like he was only going to step in for one game. Taylor Adams played round 24 but didn’t act as captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea. I thought Darcy was out of left field as captain and he’s the perfect choice. Howey looks like someone the boys would respect, Jordy could go a new level with the responsibility, too early for Nick IMO.

I have no idea. I thought Darcy was out of left field as captain and he’s the perfect choice. Howey looks like someone the boys would respect, Jordy could go a new level with the responsibility, too early for Nick IMO.
That’s funny. Darcy was the obvious choice for me. Once I learned Pendles stood down, I predicted Darcy.

Howe is a vice captain already. Think he’s perfect for it so he stays with Bruzzy I hope.

Jamie Elliot.

Probably sounds very left field. A quiet achiever and unheralded, but I've heard Macrae/Buckley speak very highly of his leadership capacity in some post match press conferences. Varcoe has endorsed Jamie in this space previously as well and have heard some younger players like Ginnivan and Hill really look upto him. We all know he is King of seizing the big moments as well!

Josh Daicos, stand out season all around good bloke and plays in the midfield like Adams did. Nick too young Josh is in my opinion one of our most underrated players just because he didn't explode on the scene like his brother but hsd to slog it out.

Will Kelly. Not like he is going to go anywhere else...

You probably want someone who is going to fill this role for more than just one year, so it's between Bruzz and Crispy.

I'm discounting Jordy cause it's a little bit too much responsibility too soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back