Who have you been most wrong about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he was available towards the back half but continued shoulder problems was his major issue earlier. Had a reconstruction on his shoulder early 2023
Just checked, he missed the first three games but still played 14 out of a possible 19 games in the vfl.

So I think my original point was largely valid, Kreuger has been better at getting on the park and 2024 is all about him showing he has enough talent and upside to justify an extension.

Nick Maxwell and Nathan Murphy.

I didn't appreciate what Maxwell did well and focused to heavily on what he couldn't do.

Murphy I thought he had quality attributes but looked too slow to make it and fragile.

With age and time I come to appreciate NM role in our 2010 success and years surrounding it.

Murphy just straight up improved his game where speed for 1v1s didnt seem an issue any more.

Mark Richardson...think he kicked 8 on debut and a even a bag in his second game.?

Thought he was gonna be a gun

Ended up being quote serviceable but not what I imagined

Mark Richardson...think he kicked 8 on debut and a even a bag in his second game.?
Mark Richardson kicked 3 goals on debut and 4 in his second game.

However, he did kick 7 in his 5th game and 6 in his 6th game, so maybe you were under the impression that those were his first two games.

Thought he was gonna be a gun

Ended up being quote serviceable but not what I imagined
Probably not as serviceable as that guy from StKilda we decided not to recruit because we already had Mark Richardson. What was his name again?

I thought Julian Rowe and Brayden Sier were both going to make it :(

I thought Julian Rowe and Brayden Sier were both going to make it :(

You're a lightweight.

I thought that Heath Shaw was going to be a spud after I saw his first game.

You're a lightweight.

I thought that Heath Shaw was going to be a spud after I saw his first game.
I genuinely don’t believe Shaw was nearly as good as everyone made out. Too prone to making calamitous decisions with his ill discipline. Did get better at controlling that with age and had some brilliant traits that made him elite as a defender but the negatives pulled him down a few levels for me.

I genuinely don’t believe Shaw was nearly as good as everyone made out. Too prone to making calamitous decisions with his ill discipline. Did get better at controlling that with age and had some brilliant traits that made him elite as a defender but the negatives pulled him down a few levels for me.

I loved the crazy b*stard, brain fades and all.

Did a lot of good things Heater but boy did he like an out on the full more than most

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank god it's not just me

Always found him and Heretier to be more trouble than they were worth. Or to frame it differently, I ultimately thought their bad outweighed their good. By a decent amount.

Here is a whole squad I have been wrong on.
Some I changed my mind on very quickly. Schauble is v unlucky as he won a Sydney b and f. Kirby/Davidson unlucky for obvious reasons.
Heath Shepherd every fan who is not lying got 100% wrong.
Tarpey I am the only fan to get wrong. Fans hated him more than Carlton which is impossible. Anthony I thought would be a gun full back/3rd tall.

I still think Sinni, Ruscoe, Pugsley are 100 game players in different circumstances.

Not a day goes by where I dont think about Athos Hrysoulakis.

Shannon Cox Anthony Broomhead

Sinni Tarpey Ruscoe

Rowe Sier Keays

Pugsley Schauble Hrysoulakis

Kirby Davidson Shepherd

Fanning Brown T

Goodyear

Blight, Pascoe, Oborne, Carr, Aarron James, Probert, Ridley, Draper

Some I changed my mind on very quickly. Schauble is v unlucky as he won a Sydney b and f. Kirby/Davidson unlucky for obvious reasons.
Tarpey I am the only fan to get wrong. Fans hated him more than Carlton which is impossible. Anthony I thought would be a gun full back/3rd tall.

I still think Sinni, Ruscoe, Pugsley are 100 game players in different circumstances.

Sinni Tarpey Ruscoe

Rowe Sier Keays

Kirby Davidson Shepherd

Fanning Brown T

Goodyear

I think I’ll be making a mental note not to source any tips from you, my friend.

Sinni Tarpey Ruscoe

Rowe Sier Keays

Kirby Davidson Shepherd

Fanning Brown T

Goodyear

What did you see in Terry Keays?

Sinni Tarpey Ruscoe

Rowe Sier Keays

Kirby Davidson Shepherd

Fanning Brown T

Goodyear

Still boggles the mind how Schauble won a bnf at Sydney.

I have to fess up and say that I was wrong about the Collingwood Football Club. I thought we were stuffed after the debacle of 2021. Honestly I thought we'd be bottom 4 for a decade, that's how bad I felt. Then 22 was a surprise but thought that it was a fluke. Then we recruited McStay which I thought was a horrid decision. Without him, I don't think we make the GF.

I've never been so glad to be so wrong in my life. I didn't predict the improvement from many of the players on our list, or the recruits ability to add to our game.

I hold myself accountable for such thoughts and much like my feelings about A Toovey, I'm brave enough to proudly state that I was wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back