Who Would You Prefer To Avoid In Our 1st Final

Remove this Banner Ad

SURE...
I also agree that we can beat anyone, and that we want to be the best no matter what, and so let the others worry about us....

BUT...
I have lived through enough close misses to know that sometimes the premiership is not so clear, and the winner needs a bit of luck
2001, 2010, 2018, even 2019 just to name a few; (shudders!);
and thats just before you think of pother great teams that never won a flag (eg STK were the best for much of 2007-2010)
a flag can be won on a knifes edge

SO...
Even if we are the best, Im not wanting to leave it to chance
I know we can beat them all, but
If we have to play Brisbane, I want it to be dry, and for them to be travel weary and come to the MCG
If we play Melbourne, I dont want Grundy, Fritsch and Oliver back up and running
If we play Port, I want it to be for keeps when the occasion will overwhelm them

No hubris here!

I still have R1 Geelong as the best game of the season. The pressure from both sides was immense. Geelong also couldn’t miss shots on goal for the first 3 quarters.

With their Kardinia park matches condensed into the back half of the year Geelong were always going to finish the year strongly. Not sure if they’ve quite managed to bank enough wins early to finish top 4, but that doesn’t make them any less dangerous with some momentum behind them.
the kardinia park advantage will be a disadvantage, it will be fools gold and a false sense of security

Remove this Banner Ad

Back