Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:

Holy hell, i really knew next to nothing about him and his history. Forget him being an AFL listed player that has been coaxed into committing crimes by his mates, he's a criminal who has been coaxed into playing AFL footy.🫤

-committing grievous bodily harm.

-While on bail for that charge, Pickett was arrested for engaging in a subsequent brawl and charged with both robbery and assault.

-more criminal offences including driving without a licence and burglary

-becoming an ice user and dealer

-He soon began burgling local cars to fund the habit

-he and a group of friends conducted two major early-morning burglaries by smashing into local shopping centres with sledgehammers on back-to-back weekends.

Was subsequently charged and found guilty of 17 counts of burglary and one count of aggravated burglary.

He's just been a lowly drain on society for much of his life. I'm happy to be completely wrong but I reckon he's guilty of these latest charges, it's a wild hunch.
A good Richmond lad.

Why are you making this about North??

I dont rate him. At all. Hes a fake tough guy who was in the right place at the right time in 2019. Anyone else on that list could have debuted at the same time and had an impact in that game. It was over at the 15 minute mark of Q2.

He frequently pulls out of contests when its his turn to go. He averages a low amount of possessions, whilst playing entirely as a midfielder. He doesnt kick goals.

What does he bring that has got you so defensive of him?

He wont be on a list anywhere in 2024, as there are far far superior footballers than him in state league footy.
He will be on a list in 2024, but it will be Hakea

Yes, IQ tests are massively biased towards the culture they represent.
Giva an intelligent Chinese person a Western IQ test and watch their score plummet, and the same the other way Western to Chinese.
Considering the state of many Indigenous Australians living conditions, it's not surprising they would score "on average" low on an iq test biased against them.
I'm sure there are many Indigenous Australians who are naturally high in intelligence that were educated through a good Australian school program that would smash a Western IQ test.

I would love to do a study where we put Ralll and several local Aboriginals in the desert about 60km east of Kiwirrkurra. We will see who has the highest IQ then.
Perfect example.

same for you, me, anyone- just about reasonable grounds for detaining someone

high profile sports star voluntarily helping Wapol with enquries

join the dots for me, cause I can't see it.

You're making way too much of the fact that he went in voluntarily to help them with their enquiries.

If he didn't go in voluntarily what were the alternatives? Have an arrest warrant issued and grab him as he got off the plane, grab him as he walked into Optus Stadium, grab him during the pre game warm up in the rooms, grab him at the quarter time huddle, grab him at the airport as he's about to fly back to Vic or extradite him from Vic to WA?

You're making way too much of the fact that he went in voluntarily to help them with their enquiries.

If he didn't go in voluntarily what were the alternatives? Have an arrest warrant issued and grab him as he got off the plane, grab him as he walked into Optus Stadium, grab him during the pre game warm up in the rooms, grab him at the quarter time huddle, grab him at the airport as he's about to fly back to Vic or extradite him from Vic to WA?
Sounds a lot like "we Self reported (after Vlad told us too) to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IQ also doesn't really mean much, i've seen objectively smart people do s**t on them, and someone i know who had like 140+ IQ in high school get a 30 ATAR because they never tried, just did the bare minimum because they thought better than the teacher
ATAR would be more about the efforts and correct study techniques than a reflection on IQ tbf

IQ also doesn't really mean much, i've seen objectively smart people do s**t on them, and someone i know who had like 140+ IQ in high school get a 30 ATAR because they never tried, just did the bare minimum because they thought better than the teacher
What does your example have to do with anything?

Its not mate. He is a genuine liability.

Cant believe they picked him in front of Ralphsmith and others.
He's got a bit going on outside of footy atm so you can't blame him for struggling last night especially when the entire team stunk.

Ralphsmith is a half back so not relevant. Marlion was the match winner for us a couple of weeks ago V GWS remember.

He's got a bit going on outside of footy atm so you can't blame him for struggling last night especially when the entire team stunk.

Ralphsmith is a half back so not relevant. Marlion was the match winner for us a couple of weeks ago V GWS remember.

Yep, flash in a pan is Marlion.

Not sure why they picked him. Time to get games into other kids too.

Can only afford to lose one more game for the year now in order to make finals.

Yep, flash in a pan is Marlion.

Not sure why they picked him. Time to get games into other kids too.

Can only afford to lose one more game for the year now in order to make finals.

Cmon mate, you’re not following the narrative here.
We’re supposed to be throwing our arms around him and supporting him unconditionally.
He’s got a bit going on outside footy you know, whether that be of his own making, anyone would think he’s a repeat offender or something …

We’re supposed to be throwing our arms around him and supporting him unconditionally.
He’s got a bit going on outside footy you know, whether that be of his own making, anyone would think he’s a repeat offender or something …
He's not a repeat offender at Richmond. In fact he is not even an offender at Richmond yet. Lets just see how it pans out first shall we?

Sorry, yes i forgot. My apologies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back