Maryborough & District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct on that Sherm. How did the big practise match go on Saturday. I watch about ten minutes of colts playing against each other ... no change there.

to be honest have no idea really only heard that dunolly won apparently and taylor made 40 odd , i never played as i wanted a weekend off everything....

Maryborough look unbeatable this year, have to be red hot favourites. With a very good source telling me Lloyd and Kick are playing after christmas they are looking pretty strong. Also Casey langs name mentioned very interesting, but done his back will miss 1st half of the season. With Dell, two bells, thomo and cassidy ect.. unbeliviable team.

Brook and dunolly should compete around the same level, colts are off the pace a bit and mill really really struggling.

As far as 1 dayers for B Grade are concerned, the Email recieved on Tuesday 25th of September, tells me that ALL GAMES ARE 1 DAY GAMES With the exception to the Semi Final and Grand final (which should be the same as it is all season if you ask me)

St Arnaud have a reduced lineup this week, with a few guys unavailable, however thank god we're playing MKM, and not Maryborough Carisbrook or Dunolly.

Bruce Hando for Best n Fairest ;) Best all rounder going around :p

Thank God B Grade dont start yet, cuz this big fella isn't in the mood to start picking sides JUST yet :thumbsu:

Maryborough look unbeatable this year, have to be red hot favourites. With a very good source telling me Lloyd and Kick are playing after christmas they are looking pretty strong. Also Casey langs name mentioned very interesting, but done his back will miss 1st half of the season. With Dell, two bells, thomo and cassidy ect.. unbeliviable team.

Brook and dunolly should compete around the same level, colts are off the pace a bit and mill really really struggling.

I see Clunes has entered an A Grade side this year. I know they won the A Reserve flag last year but how do you think they will go with the step up to A Grade?

Didn't Laanecoorie Dunolly win the competition last year? Making last weekends results an upset?

How did Matt Smith go for Laane, and Hando and Petrie go for St Arnaud. Is Lund playing with Hando like he does every year? I played against Bruce when he played in the Bendigo Comp a few years ago now, was quite sharp, although i was a young fella back then. He still sharp? How is hes batting?

Thanks in Adv.

good to see dunolly get their first win for the season on the weekend, well i think it is anyway, lol........could have gone either way really, with a couple of key players out and a premiership; hangover still looming over us looks like we have alot of work to do as we have been far from impressive so far.....just on a quick note it seems the older templeton is gettiing the better he is becoming, avergaing 90 with the bat so far this season...guy is a freak

Good to see the brook b grader's getting into it, their really geared up for the 'derby' against maryborough at Jubilee, should be a belter of a game. Aside from saturdays game the only other game worth getting serious about is Avoca, so probably play some drinking cricket until then. Beaufort and St Arnaud away games are very enjoyable.

A- res is looking pretty poor atm but won 2 in a row somehow :eek:, and A grade looks O.K, but lacking a back up bowler and batsman to aid Coutts and Lee.

Soooo Alpaca, which of those Brook B Graders were you? The one that enjoys belting kids!! (all over the park) or didn't ya get a bat? Or were you one of the bowlers torn apart by the young fella whos never played senior cricket in his life (and hasn't played cricket whatsoever for a few years) :D (we've gotta laugh about something. cuz it truly was a day where nothing went right for ole Rocco)

Good to see the brook b grader's getting into it, their really geared up for the 'derby' against maryborough at Jubilee, should be a belter of a game. Aside from saturdays game the only other game worth getting serious about is Avoca, so probably play some drinking cricket until then. Beaufort and St Arnaud away games are very enjoyable.

A- res is looking pretty poor atm but won 2 in a row somehow :eek:, and A grade looks O.K, but lacking a back up bowler and batsman to aid Coutts and Lee.

Maryborough Bgrade are looking the goods this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha their pathetic you cheese cake.

And Rocco im neither. Your side was probably one of the worst sides to play b grade from all reports.

If you are a B grader i hardly think you have the credentials as a cricketer to ping s**t on everyone else here. But i suppose that is typical of your club. Think they are alot better than they are. Complete bunch of w***ers.

If you are a B grader i hardly think you have the credentials as a cricketer to ping s**t on everyone else here. But i suppose that is typical of your club. Think they are alot better than they are. Complete bunch of w***ers.

Last I checked you dont need credentials to ping s**t on Big Footy!! :)

Reading through some of your posts 'Showusya' and it seems you have quite a large bar over Marc Cassidy. Maybe you should stop pinging stuff up cass's s**t and get some credentials yourself.

Any1 get a full days play in?

St Arnaud A were chasing 99 vs beaufort and was washed out, hando was in the process of unleashing

A Res, Colts had St Arnaud 8 down still needing 40 runs, when bad light was called

B Grade St Arnaud bowled Colts out for 139 (Jason Smith 5/14 from 8 Kurtis Torney 2/12 from 8) and were 5/70 or so after 20 overs, when it was called off. Wadeson was the pick of the colts bowlers, with 1/20 or so from 8

JEFF THOMPSON
thomson1.jpg

Come and enjoy some stories from the Cricket Pitch, and beyond!
A must see event, for all Cricket, and Sporting Fans alike!

Appearing at the St Arnaud Sporting Club
Tuesday 20th November, Starting 7:30 SHARP!
Signed Memorabilia available on the night

To Book or Enquire, Speak to Bruce, at SPORTFIRST ST ARNAUD
PH (03) 5495 1283 OR 0407 951 945
During Business Hours
TELL YOUR MATES!!
_1134848_thomson300.jpg

Does anyone know any cricket scores from the weekend?
Rumour getting around that Sherman had a big game. Two golden ducks in one match is a cracker. Put a dint in the average Sherm! I hope it wasn't shepherd both times.

St Arnaud A Grade defeated Carisbrook, Hando took 7/crap all

St Arnaud A Reserve defeated Carisbrook...

St Arnaud B Grade lost to Pissedyborough...ahh Maryborough. The two openers made 90 or so each, and St. Arnaud cleaned up the other 9 guys, for 60 odd runs between them (mainly cuz they were over in their corner dropping XXXX Gold during the game ;thumbsd:)

Does anyone know any cricket scores from the weekend?
Rumour getting around that Sherman had a big game. Two golden ducks in one match is a cracker. Put a dint in the average Sherm! I hope it wasn't shepherd both times.

haha rumours are correct thirsty...lets just say i had a shocker, and the old average copped a battering....yes it is true shepherd had the best of me on both occassions......can only hope i get amongst the runs next week as we play beaufort, if not it might be an early retirement for me...lol...:)

Brook b grade had a win again this week against last year premiers Avoca. The boys are 4 from 4 with the week off and playing dunolly after the break who have forfieted twice earlier in the season..

Update on Grand Finals

A Grade
Maryborough 388 - Thomson 87, Cassidy 64, M Bell 58, J Hicks 54; Smith 3/63, McHugh 2/18
Dunolly 0/7

A Reserve
Maryborough 307 - Young 104 n.o., S Bell 49, J Malone 41; C Watts 3/64, D Stephens 2/85, R Clark 2/60, M Lowday 2/34
Colts Phelans 86 - J Malone 3/28, M Jennings 2/12, A Hurse 2/15
Maryborough 0/10

B Grade
Avoca 351 - N Coghlan 75, J Fletcher 57, P Redpath 55, J Hunt 45, S Howell 40; A Jardine 3/40, T Hubble 2/31, T Barras 2/59
Maryborough 143 - T Barras 34, J Hooper 31; J Fletcher 3/29, P Redpath 2/19, N Coghlan 2/17
Avoca 0/71 - M Arrowsmith 49 n.o.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back