Multiplat Mass Effect 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally about to finish my second play through of ME2 before moving on to ME3 with two save files to load :)

Went fem-Shep this time around and decided to go full paragon. Got every squad member's loyalty, grabbed the Reaper IFF, and then stupidly decided to explore the remaining planets to complete any side-missions I may not have found yet. Totally forgot that in order to save the entire crew you pretty much have to go through the Omega-4 relay straight after getting the IFF.....I did 2 or 3 side-missions first :eek:

Oh well, in my first play through everyone except one crew member made it out alive (forget who), so I guess it'll be interesting to see what happens in ME3 with these 2 different scenarios. And I'll find out tonight or tomorrow how many lives I've cost when I launch the suicide mission.

So pumped for ME3, have had it for about a month now and it's been hell trying to hold back from playing it until I finish this play through of ME2 first.

Also am I the only one who thinks that ME2 is by far the weakest of the series? It's gameplay is better than 1, but it's story is weak compared to the other two. After finishing the series I don't see any relevance to the 2nd story at all except for being introduced to Cerberus in more detail and the introduction of the Illusive Man.
No you're most certainly not. I found two to be the most disappointing with the first one a clear favorite. Three I quite liked, but not quite as much as the first one.

Finally finished ME3 after buying it at launch (dunno how all you mofos get through it so quickly) and am rather torn about the ending. Knew it was coming as I'd heard about all the controversy but it still didn't prepare me for the empty feeling I felt. I have my second character half way through ME1 that I was gonna complete but I think I'm gonna have a rest now :eek:
Back to Skyrim or something...

Finally got round to this. Great game, but f#@& me, the frame rate issues on PS3 stop it from being the amazing experience it could have been.

Pretty much every big moment is spoiled by it, even hard to tell whats going on in some instances, like the (spoiler if you haven't played the tuchunka missions)
thresher maw vs Reaper at the Shroud on tuchunka.

Trying valiantly to finish the game on insanity, but it might have me beat I think.

On tuchunka doing the mission with the primarchs son. the bit where you have to protect him is killing me. go ok until the atlas drops...game over after that

Every mission is fairly easy once you know whats going to happen. The hardest missions by far are Earth and Grissom Academy, and
Kai Leng is such a cheap boss fight in the Illusive Mans office

Finished Insanity about a week ago and still picked red

Just finished it.

Didn't really have an issue with the ending. For those that disliked the ending, what were you expecting/wanted?

Game was very good, Really enjoyed it.

Just finished it.

Didn't really have an issue with the ending. For those that disliked the ending, what were you expecting/wanted?

Game was very good, Really enjoyed it.

I don't think the ending deserves the amount of criticism it's gotten but this video basically shows what most people are complaining about.

[YOUTUBE]6M0Cf864P7E[/YOUTUBE]

Just finished this last night.

Hmmm, still a really solid game, but not as enjoyable as 1 & 2 for mine.

Gameplay & story wise thought it started out with a bang, but once I was back on the Normandy, just felt like the game petered out to be a bit of a chore IMO. Shoot a wave of enemies, next door, turn this on etc. RPG elements were stripped back way too much IMO. Did it feel quick for anyone? I still did quite a few side missions as well.

Quite a few memes point out some of the holes and clear things that were wrong with the story and ending. (Knowing there is DLC) Seemed it was so obvious that it was a clear troll by BioWare, think they'd be smart enough to know the backlash considering the similarity of the endings. I actually lol'd when I re-did with the 'red' ending. Memes out there were almost worth it.

The space battle was S-Wars Ep III, and ending very 2001 Space Odyssey-esque. Got a feeling Shepard will be a Dave Bowman type protagonist in future games if they aren't going down the prequel path.

How many hours do you get out of DLC and is it worth it?

Just finished this last night.

Hmmm, still a really solid game, but not as enjoyable as 1 & 2 for mine.

Gameplay & story wise thought it started out with a bang, but once I was back on the Normandy, just felt like the game petered out to be a bit of a chore IMO. Shoot a wave of enemies, next door, turn this on etc. RPG elements were stripped back way too much IMO. Did it feel quick for anyone? I still did quite a few side missions as well.

Quite a few memes point out some of the holes and clear things that were wrong with the story and ending. (Knowing there is DLC) Seemed it was so obvious that it was a clear troll by BioWare, think they'd be smart enough to know the backlash considering the similarity of the endings. I actually lol'd when I re-did with the 'red' ending. Memes out there were almost worth it.

The space battle was S-Wars Ep III, and ending very 2001 Space Odyssey-esque. Got a feeling Shepard will be a Dave Bowman type protagonist in future games if they aren't going down the prequel path.

How many hours do you get out of DLC and is it worth it?

The DLC released with launch basically gives you 1 extra mission which doesn't take long to do (maybe an hour) plus 1 extra squad member (a Prothean who is quite worth it IMO as I used him often).

The DLC released with launch basically gives you 1 extra mission which doesn't take long to do (maybe an hour) plus 1 extra squad member (a Prothean who is quite worth it IMO as I used him often).

Yeah, I quite liked the squad member, and used him a lot. Though it did feel like something that should have been included with the game from the start.

I quite liked the squad member, and used him a lot.

He is the most likeable un-likeable character in the game. He is really underrated as a character, and I think he has some of the better written conversations in the game.

Also if anyone has about an hour and a half free, watch this documentary someone made and it could explain how one of the worst endings of all time could be one of the best and more clever endings of all time.

*Spoiler Alert*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caAqFFhBn2U

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I quite liked the squad member, and used him a lot. Though it did feel like something that should have been included with the game from the start.

My download never worked for that guy, I don't get the mission to pick him up

He is the most likeable un-likeable character in the game. He is really underrated as a character, and I think he has some of the better written conversations in the game.

Haha I agree. He's quite a rude charater, but I found him quite interesting as well. Definitely the most interesting of the new characters I thought.

Also if anyone has about an hour and a half free, watch this documentary someone made and it could explain how one of the worst endings of all time could be one of the best and more clever endings of all time.

I haven't seen that video, but I did watch a similar shorter version (think I might be further back in this thread). If something like that is close to the truth, it would be awesome.

Haha I agree. He's quite a rude charater, but I found him quite interesting as well. Definitely the most interesting of the new characters I thought..

The change up on what the galaxy had assumed the Protheans to be to what we actually find out was very good. Definitely a cool piece of story.

Got through 3 today. I laughed at the dude above who said the ending was an obvious troll.

Very much yes to that lol

I haven't seen that video, but I did watch a similar shorter version (think I might be further back in this thread). If something like that is close to the truth, it would be awesome.

This one goes in to a hell of a lot more detail and also has commentary instead of text boxes, which makes it easier to understand... well, at least for me.

Just finished the game, I looked back at a post I sent on a whirlpool forum about ME1 and it dates back to 2005!!

7 years of waiting for this and it was totally worthwhile, I'm actually feeling a little hollow inside, knowing that's it for Garrus, Liara, Tali, Ashley and the crew - a truly special game.

I'm not even that crazy a gamer, but this game is just something else, as i slowly retire my consoles etc. I can honestly say that nothing will beat this for mine...a masterpiece!

Just finished the game, I looked back at a post I sent on a whirlpool forum about ME1 and it dates back to 2005!!

7 years of waiting for this and it was totally worthwhile, I'm actually feeling a little hollow inside, knowing that's it for Garrus, Liara, Tali, Ashley and the crew - a truly special game.

I'm not even that crazy a gamer, but this game is just something else, as i slowly retire my consoles etc. I can honestly say that nothing will beat this for mine...a masterpiece!

I agree with this one, ending aside it's still my favourite video game series. Looking forward to some DLC and ending updates for 3.

Having read up on the indoctrination theory, if this was a primarily a FPS it would have been an awesome ending. However, considering the primary feature of the Mass Effect series, (multiple choices with consequences) the ending is still very much a cop out - and doesn't address the problem that your choices throughout the game still don't have a mass(ive):cool: effect on the final outcome.

Having not played the DLC, not sure if this addresses it as such, but considering the hasty way it came out - seems it wasn't deliberate.

They tried to go the modern pseudo intelectual ending ala Lost, and totally backfired IMO.

Will be interesting to see whether future Mass Effect games link to the current trilogy.

Any new news on the new ending that meant to be coming out? I havent even bothered touching my game ever since I finished the story.... the ending just put me off the game altogether even the multiplayer.

The only news that has occured so far is that several of the voice actors and the producer Mike Gamble have posted on twitter saying they are now recording dialogue. No release date yet though, or any info on whats inside the DLC.

Also it's not really a new ending. They said they wouldn't change anything in what happens, but add some more scenes or dialogue that explains it better. But they could be doing more stuff that we are not aware of at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back