Multiplat Mass Effect 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I just picked this up yesterday upon completing Mass Effect 2.

Less than five hours in, and I'm already pissed I let the Illusive Man keep the damn Collector Base intact- I should have just gone with my gut and blown that ****ing hellhole to kingdom come!
I'm loving the improved gameplay, movements feel smoother and more fluid. The graphics are also noticeably better. The view of a burning Palaven being attacked by Reapers from its Moon was breathtaking. I don't remember anything as aesthetically pleasing as that in ME2. Just, Wow. :thumbsu:

I don't like the new crew, however. I would have liked to have kept Miranda or Jacob onboard. I haven't played ME1, so I don't know why I should care for Ashley as much as Aussie Miranda. I will give kudos to the new British chick and EDI in lifeform, though. :thumbsu:

Just out of curiosity: it took me 40 hours to complete ME2. Give or take, should I be expecting a similar completion time with this game?

That is your answer.

Though virtually excluding Miranda for all bar 1 side mission was dissapointing.

She still has the best arse in the galaxy though. :D

Still keen to give my thoughts on this, after playing through 2.5 times.

Was initially annoyed with the ending but after watching that
long indoctrination theory documentary
I'm don't mind it so much.

Heading back to play ME2 again, and I immediately noticed how much smoother ME3 is in terms of graphics and character movement.

Bit annoyed that Sentinals and Adepts can't carry an assault rifle :(

Still keen to give my thoughts on this, after playing through 2.5 times.

Was initially annoyed with the ending but after watching that
long indoctrination theory documentary
I'm don't mind it so much.

Heading back to play ME2 again, and I immediately noticed how much smoother ME3 is in terms of graphics and character movement.

Bit annoyed that Sentinals and Adepts can't carry an assault rifle :(

Going through the trilogy again, it's even more noticeably smoother going from ME1>ME2. Went Vanguard all the way through the original play-through, but this time went Soldier in ME1 and Adept in ME2 (playing ME2 now) And boy do I love me a shotgun and sniper rifle. Playing adept is fun and different, but with the pace of the Mass Effect series, it's better with as many guns as possible IMO.

As for the ending,
The indoctrination theory is pretty solid, and the ending purely from a storyline and 'cinematic' POV is very well done. But the fact still remains that the choices made through the game don't carry much weight and the endings themselves (bar one) hardly differ at all.

Unless you're able to port your save file into the next series of games, (meaning there would have to be a continuation of the storyline - regardless if you play as Shepard or not) then they've totally botched the entire selling point of the Mass Effect games.

Judging by the PR and rushed DLC it would suggest otherwise. Very odd that a team who made a brilliant set of games didn't anticipate the backlash they received.

Guess we'll see in a few years.

Just finished it.

Yeah the ending was terrible, but agree with the indoctrination theory, even moreso after going back and replaying the last 10 minutes. Even if Bioware didn't initially plan to do so, the door is well and truly ajar to release some DLC that continues the story and actually gives a proper ending(s). I'm thinking they must have it all planned out though, for a few reasons;

- the interview where its stated you won't get an A, B or C ending even though thats exactly what you get
- the little extra ending bit you get if your score is high enough and you choose the 'Destroy' option where Shepard takes a breath in a pile of rubble - surely they wouldn't just throw that in for the sake of it

Such an epic/ballsy decision if they planned it like that from the get go, especially having to keep pretty quiet (as they have done, a few small statements aside) as the condemnation of the ending rolled in. Don't think anything like it has ever been attempted in video games before.

Will be mind blowing if they get it right.

Confirmed voice actors returning for EC:
Shepard (Meer - Twitter)
Kaidan (Twitter)
Ashley (Twitter)
EDI (Twitter)
Hackett (G4TV)
Garrus (Facebook)

No official word yet:
Liara
Tali
Vega
Javik
Anderson
Joker
Illusive Man
Harbinger
(any one else)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i was a bit skeptical when I saw they were releasing it in June when they said they wouldnt rush it. But then i saw that it was 2 GB big. The whole game on two discs is 14.6 gigs so its 15% of the game and its just the ending.

i was a bit skeptical when I saw they were releasing it in June when they said they wouldnt rush it. But then i saw that it was 2 GB big. The whole game on two discs is 14.6 gigs so its 15% of the game and its just the ending.
Sounds like an hour to an hour and a half of cutscenes.

Better than before, still disappointed overall though. It explains/adds/changes a few things in the existing ending to make more sense as well as adding a chunk on the end of each variation. Was hoping for much more closing story on the team and ex-team members (e.g. Jack, etc) though.

All the variations (known so far) are on youtube:
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ed-cut-dlc-video-watch-every-new-ending-here/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back