Multiplat Mass Effect 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno, you're prob right. Can any other ps3ers confirm?
It could work. All depends on the region coding. Got nothing to lose really.

Even if you wanted you could just copy your saved data to the US account and finish it off there too.

Agree ^^ that it makes the endings a little better, but by much. Still a big time fail to the franchise IMO.

I liked the "Control" ending the best... but time to move on from this series.

I still picked destroy, but nearly screwed myself because I almost shot the kid. I still think Synthesis is the worst ending even though BioWare trys hard to make it sound like the best. I really like the Extended Cut because all of MY problems with the ending got addressed and I also like that they did keep some speculation, rather than just spelling every little detail out for you.

The choice to not use Indoctrination Theory was surprising. I feel they missed an oppurtunity to make a brilliant twist about the way the game ended and the choices you make, however I am also glad they didn't use it because there would still be doubt as to whether they meant it from the start, or just jumped on the idea now that the oppurtunity expressed itself.

I think they did a really good job considering the fact they had to do it in just a few months, coupled with the pressure they were receiving from fans.

Finally finished this after starting back in March. Great game but the ending was such a letdown (haven't yet watched the EC endings). I'd heard about the reception the ending received but resisted reading or watching what it was.

Still enjoyed it, now playing through as fem renegade shep. One of my favourites series

Just like to add a little bitch here, with my games I usually work on a buy game/sell game rotation on eBay. Thought id go gameless for a few months and wait for the DLC, before selling this to get Skyrim...

Could have waited and just looked at it on youtube in half and hour!

Think the only people that will really benefit from it will be those that haven't yet played ME3. Good that they provided it for free, but for the final product (EC) - it wasn't worth it.

Like Scaryness mentioned, they missed the boat exploring the indoctrination theory perhaps as they didn't want to bow to public pressure, but then why the hell did they bother adding the Refusal ending?! Just more salt in the wound for mine. I know it's easy to bitch but when the conclusion had so much potential, so it's hard not to.

The fact it took me a month to realise this was already out and no strong urge to play is a bit reflective of the games industry IMO.

I could be way off in my opinion here and feel free to shoot me down, but the game industry at the moment from a creative standpoint is heading for a decent down period until the next gen consoles arrive. Most concepts have already been explored so at the moment, so decent games will and should be driven by very rich and interesting story lines - Most of the big kahunas will play it safe on the big franchises and keep churning out sequels. I suppose it may be why it has left such a bad taste in the mouth, not saying I won't not purchase more games in the ME franchise - but I definitely wont be rushing out to get it day one. [/end casual gamer rant]

I could be way off in my opinion here and feel free to shoot me down, but the game industry at the moment from a creative standpoint is heading for a decent down period until the next gen consoles arrive. Most concepts have already been explored so at the moment, so decent games will and should be driven by very rich and interesting story lines - Most of the big kahunas will play it safe on the big franchises and keep churning out sequels. I suppose it may be why it has left such a bad taste in the mouth, not saying I won't not purchase more games in the ME franchise - but I definitely wont be rushing out to get it day one. [/end casual gamer rant]
Some of the big kahuna's are still going for new and original IP this late in the generation.

I know it's cliche for me to mention it, but Sony have 3 blockbuster titles coming within the year or so that are all brand new IP. Pretty big for one publisher.

There's definitely a lack of creativity from some aspects of the industry, but if you want to see creativity, get looking at indie titles on PC. There's a bunch of creativity out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like to add a little bitch here, with my games I usually work on a buy game/sell game rotation on eBay. Thought id go gameless for a few months and wait for the DLC, before selling this to get Skyrim...

Could have waited and just looked at it on youtube in half and hour!

Think the only people that will really benefit from it will be those that haven't yet played ME3. Good that they provided it for free, but for the final product (EC) - it wasn't worth it.

Like Scaryness mentioned, they missed the boat exploring the indoctrination theory perhaps as they didn't want to bow to public pressure, but then why the hell did they bother adding the Refusal ending?! Just more salt in the wound for mine. I know it's easy to bitch but when the conclusion had so much potential, so it's hard not to.

The fact it took me a month to realise this was already out and no strong urge to play is a bit reflective of the games industry IMO.

As said above start looking at some
Indy games. Kickstarter has some interesting projects (already donated to Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Retuns*and Shadowrun online) if you are looking into the future.

*Not that POS XBOX version but made by the guy who created the original Shadowrun tabletop game.

There's definitely a lack of creativity from some aspects of the industry, but if you want to see creativity, get looking at indie titles on PC. There's a bunch of creativity out there.

After I posted that, played a bit of Slender last night, couldn't get to sleep (shitting bricks) till 1.30, and have to work at 8.... :D

New DLC announced today.

Not much of the actual game play and the plot sounds ho-hum (looking for what killed my father, pluh-ease), but the final voice over (guessing Leviathan)... "You have come too far!"... sounds very Reaper/Harbringer-ish, which is exciting. ME3 really missed out on the human v Reaper interactions the other games did well.

Not much of the actual game play and the plot sounds ho-hum (looking for what killed my father, pluh-ease), but the final voice over (guessing Leviathan)... "You have come too far!"... sounds very Reaper/Harbringer-ish, which is exciting. ME3 really missed out on the human v Reaper interactions the other games did well.

Memory is fried at the moment, is it at the end of ME1 or 2 Shepard speaks to Harbinger?

Soundtrack/background music along with the dialogue in that scene is awesome.

Yeah I'd love a Mass Effect movie.. if it was done right. Considering one of main things people love about the series is the ability to choose what you do and how the story is shaped, making a movie that the majority of fans like would be incredibly difficult.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back