FTA-TV Masterchef 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent has really surprised me, could be a dark horse to go the whole way... he takes things in, he is reading books he is learning things off the other contestants and doing it better than them... major suprise for me as I never saw him in the top 15 let alone top 7

Brent has really surprised me, could be a dark horse to go the whole way... he takes things in, he is reading books he is learning things off the other contestants and doing it better than them... major suprise for me as I never saw him in the top 15 let alone top 7
Probably the best when it comes to presentation too, can make some seriously good looking food

Yeah, he just continues to adapt and improve, seems a great learner and would do well as an apprentice

Imagine the absolute dog's breakfast previous contestants would have served up in that challenge!

Really enjoying this season, they delivered on their promise of having a much better grade of contestants and have been generally nailing the eliminations.
I wasnt the biggest fan of Brent but I also agree that he has improved in leaps and bounds to justify his spot in the top 7.

My top 3 prediction: Laura, Jamie, Ben.
Not necessarily the best 3 but just see them as the type to do just enough to survive until the end.

Top 3 predictions guys?

Picking the 3 most consistent ones IMO: Laura, Emilia, Tracy. Could swap between Tracy and Amy, they seem to be around the same level, picked Tracy because she's less annoying. The lads are too inconsistent. Jamie and Laura have the highest roofs but Laura is pretty consistent whereas Jamie is prone to brain fades.

Heston week tends to expose contestants that remain in their comfort zones and aren't willing to have a crack at thinking outside the box. With that being said I think that Ben and Amy will be eliminated this week.

Could have made a good drinking game out of everybody wanting to "impress Heston" tonight. Epic crash and burn from Tracy, from the undeserved immunity to now being done for the week and the 1st one put into the elimination later. Amy is in trouble too.

Similar to Andy from S4 - not expected to do well but soaked everything up like a sponge and ended up winning. Not too sure about his PJ's though:p

Not too many of these top chefs really impress me but "HB" does. He's a genius but also likeable & down to earth.

My top 3
Emelia,Tracy,Ben

Really want to see Amy go asap.

Have to admit, I might of cheered when they announced Tracy had the worst dish :p

Not too many of these top chefs really impress me but "HB" does. He's a genius but also likeable & down to earth.

His show that was on SBS where he cooks a feast based on a specific time period is awesome

Well I may not nail the actual top 3, at least my crystal ball nailed the top 3 for the first HB challenge!

Finals week next week, but they are already showing ads to get contestants for the next season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those interested it's doing very well in the ratings - regularly over the 1 million mark and winning the important demos.

As for last night it was amusing watching HB getting slightly p***** at all the questions - should have been a limit of three questions per contestant than you're on your own.

I thought Emelia had the best dish tonight. Ben, Brent and Tracy with one more to come. Thursday's elimination certainly will be interesting.

I thought Emelia had the best dish tonight. Ben, Brent and Tracy with one more to come. Thursday's elimination certainly will be interesting.

Emilia was dead set borderline undercooked, you couldn't give her the best dish. Hope Tracy goes home can't stand her...I can't stand Amy but at least she isn't Tracy!

I'd go with Emelia as dish of the day as well - borderline yes,but perfectly cooked. Laura's was not only tiny but lacked flavour. She's a good cook but crumbles under pressure. Very lucky not to be up for elimination.

Has there ever been a dish with perfectly done pork crackling that sent their maker into elimination?
How have they not cracked it the code? Pork crackling = golden ticket! :p

Tonight's the night we've all apparently been waiting for.. HB excessive w***ery.
Im still adamant that putting on earphones and listening to something doesnt enhance a dish.

I liked putting them out into an actual kitchen and making them cook there instead of the spacious Masterchef kitchen. Tonight is definitely much more classic Heston though, should be good.

I'd go with Emelia as dish of the day as well - borderline yes,but perfectly cooked. Laura's was not only tiny but lacked flavour. She's a good cook but crumbles under pressure. Very lucky not to be up for elimination.

How is borderline perfect though? That is sort of the point. Some people would call that undercooked, some would call it 'just right'. Amy was the dish of the day purely on the challenge. Personally I'd rater get Laura's one though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back