Game Day Match Sim : South Melbourne v GWS Giants, Tramway Oval, Thursday, February 22 10am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers for the game lads. Briggs is going to be very very good for you this year I feel.
Thought Briggsy beat Grundy.Agree he looked good.Thomas makes good decisions and looked as polished as anyone kicking into forward line.Aleer i thought was good when he could play off his opponent and get a fist in but 1 on 1 is the issue where he got pushed off the line.

I Was worried when I saw a bandage on Jones kneed but apparently only minor flare up..We missed players I thought like him Harry,Callaghan and Cummings who can play through the wings..Warner looks set for a big year.They look strong in there mids when u consider Adams and Mills were out.

Only caught the third quarter, and it was difficult to see individuals on my phone. Sydney got some good handball chains on and we don't lock down as well defensively as we usually do. It was quite open both ways through the middle though, but we looked very rusty up forward.

I thought they smashed us in the turnover game. Their rebound from a turnover often cut us right through the middle. Still work to do in this space
Wouldn't be worrying about that too much, we were the best turnover team is the comp last year once we get going, first for scoring and maybe second for defending. Our turnover game would be right at the bottom of my concerns for this year.

Wouldn't be worrying about that too much, we were the best turnover team is the comp last year once we get going, first for scoring and maybe second for defending. Our turnover game would be right at the bottom of my concerns for this year.
Looked a lot like we did in the first half of last season.

When the game is played at 80% it doesn’t lend itself to a high pressure front half turnover game. We will be fine in a couple of weeks.

When some of the fringe players drop out of the squad and we go at 100% the pressure game will be humming nicely on turnover.

I think the rd 1 team is firming as something like this:

HH Taylor Idun
Ash Buckley Whitfield
XO Green Callaghan
Greene Riccardi Bedford
Daniels Hogan Brown
Briggs Kelly Cogs

Cadman Fahey Ward Jones
Sub:Wehr

Watched a qtr and was struggling to tell where the ball was. Not a gripe because these games aren't played to be televised but it was hard to tell much from the vision. A few regular seniors looked very rusty and the ball movement was a bit indecisive but not a big deal. I expect the Swans to be good this year.

Watched a qtr and was struggling to tell where the ball was. Not a gripe because these games aren't played to be televised but it was hard to tell much from the vision. A few regular seniors looked very rusty and the ball movement was a bit indecisive but not a big deal. I expect the Swans to be good this year.
I used the go back 15sec button a lot as I watched. Cadman in particular did a fair few things that very nice but didn’t catch it properly live

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back