Matt Crouch vs Dumont

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems some agree with you. I'd have thought Tredrea given the family history, premiership Captain etc..., but it seems not.
Think Sheedy has said Wanganeen was one of the best players he has seen ......and it was a tragedy losing him to Port

Also inaugural Port capt

Hard to split Wanganeen and Tredrea IMO - statistically you would say Wanganeen, buy Tredrea was in the toughest position on the ground and, as a key forward , was never going to win a brownlow ( and do you even include that given he won it playing for Essendon - a number of his AA were also with Bombers)

Given the fundamental difference between the 2 they should really hold joint status as the best for them - but if I was picking 1 of them for my side it's Tredders all day every day.

Is he Ports greatest AFL player? Let me see, Port Power will name a stand at AO after a modern AFL player - and it isn't Tredrea.

Well Cornes is easy because theres two of them that, if thats what you're referring to.
But yes I consider Tredrae Ports greatest ever AFL player.
Wanganeen probably would be if he'd played his entire career at port.

Well Cornes is easy because theres two of them that, if thats what you're referring to.
But yes I consider Tredrae Ports greatest ever AFL player.
Wanganeen probably would be if he'd played his entire career at port.
Wanganeen is getting a stand named after him.

Although I do agree Tredrea is Port's best club player. Wanganeen's best years were elsewhere.

Wanganeen is getting a stand named after him.

Although I do agree Tredrea is Port's best club player. Wanganeen's best years were elsewhere.

Thats how I see it.

Anyway I dont know much about Crouch, but Dumont looks like he could be a player.
Not much point in speculating at the present, becuase who knows if either of them will ever even play an AFL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I liked instantly about MC was that he wasnt afraid to fight his older and bigger brother.

That kind of courage is inbuilt, you either have it or you dont.

Imagine the Crows hierarchy must have been thinking wtf when MC rocked up with a black eye due to BC.

Technically speaking if they werent brothers, all hell would break loose on The Advertiser.

I also think Matts in the best environment to do well. Dumont im not so sure. NM alreadt have alot of those slower inside mid types so that may keep Dumont back a bit.

We don't really hold anyone back, if someone isn't ready then they aren't ready. Mullett couldn't get a game for 3 years and walks into the best 22, if you are good enough then you force your way in.

If he can't get a game ahead of Greenwood, Gibson and Anthony then he isn't ready or isn't very good. There is plenty of scope for players to get into the side as there are enough mediocre grade players getting games in the side. I just don't see us gifting him games if his form does not warrant it, outside of injuries of course.

I really like Dumont. He is a real nice hard inside player. NM did well to get him. Id be happy if he was on our list.
But also really stoked that Matt Crouch is with us.

Crouchy will be a star when he has the body to match this attitude. He loves to niggle and impose himself physically, which is a huge breath of fresh air around here.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back