Toast Matt Rosa - Welcome back as assistant coach!

Remove this Banner Ad

Another non WA player leaving us, not happy as i think he was an important part for a premiership push. Ebert, Judd, Selwood and Rosa are pretty handy players. I think that to pick the best available regaurdless of location is now very dangerous. W A players are now at a premium for us, perhaps why we wanted Sheed over Aish.

Aish was not expected to fall to our original pick iirc.

Having said that, Sheed is the better player anyway and Aish has so far not proved to be someone I would have wanted our club to take with a very high pick.

Cut down by some bad injuries in his peak. Was a really important link man during 2011-2013. Not sure he can be too ropeable about being sub in the finals given he was coming back from injury. Thanks for the service Matty, hope you can get your body right and do well at GC.

Sad to see Rosa go. Sets a bad example to our young east coast boys like Duggan and Lamb when a guy that bleeds blue and gold walks out on the club. Would have been very handy next year.
there are 2 strong arguments for motive , 1 . the longer contract at a weaker club . so its just a business decision near the end of his career . 2. His nose out of joint for being the substitute in the Gf and Pf

Aish was not expected to fall to our original pick iirc.

Having said that, Sheed is the better player anyway and Aish has so far not proved to be someone I would have wanted our club to take with a very high pick.

Would take Sheed over Aish and Scharenberg at this stage of their careers based on what they've shown.

Sheed's only 20. Big effort to be in the best 22 of a Grand Final team as an inside mid. Very underrated IMO.

I remember aish was supposed to have gone earlier than 7 but aish probably would have asked for a trade and been a wasted pic to us.happy with the drop to 11 and wa boy in sheed.

I wish rosa the best at the suns next year

Further off topic, Gaff in that IRS training get-up just confirms him as surely one of the least intimidating looking AFL players of all time. He just looks like your m8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rosa still has a few years left in him.

If he was fringe player this season, he would have certainly struggled more next season.

So changing clubs, is a good move for him.

For West Coast, we lose an experienced player, that was versatile, and well liked.

So I'm sad to see him go. I hope he has a fruitful few years at Gold Coast, because he deserves it.

There's pretty limited chat about Rosa on the Gold Coast board, which surprises me

I think they're underplaying the acquisition - he will be quite good for them
I agree, I think his experience will be massive for them and he'll bring a running capacity no one at that club has shown. He might only have three years but they'll be a consistent three years where he racks up possessions from day 1.

There's pretty limited chat about Rosa on the Gold Coast board, which surprises me

I think they're underplaying the acquisition - he will be quite good for them
He is still depth there.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

He is still depth there.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Yeah it really depends on whether they want to allow a player to take up a spot til retirement when they could otherwise give it to a developing player who will be part of a flag push.

If they were closer to a flag i'd be excited, but they're still a while off so I can understand the muted enthus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back