Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy and Smith are going to test him this week

They both need a spell. Smith can be given a “rest” so he could have a milestone at home. Murphy out. Keep McHenry as sub.
Work from there.

Fremantle have a weakened defence, so a there is an opportunity, but it requires a bit of an overhaul to put it mildly.

and we picked him over adam kingsley. 🤮

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey he'll play 18 holes with some of the boys and have a good bbq and chin wag over the weekend before backing them in next Friday, she'll be right.
Hopefully fog is better over a one foot putt than kicking a metre out.

I wouldn't mind Bevo at the moment. A bit of a nut case, throw the magnets around and get angry.

I like nicks as a person but he was completely outcoached tonight

.I wouldn't mind Bevo at the moment. A bit of a nut case, throw the magnets around and get angry.

Bevo? Good lord no, he's completely lost the plot at the Dogs.

I wouldn't mind Bevo at the moment. A bit of a nut case, throw the magnets around and get angry.

Bevo would be better than Nicks (anyone is) but not the answer. I wish we got Kingsley. He's exactly what we need. Lyon would also be good for us along with John Longmire. Longmire the best in the league imo. Simpson has proven he can win a flag and might be worth a look. Buckley too who could be a premiership coach if not for some eagles heroics.

Last edited:
If we offered Rahilly the Senior Assistant role, likely he would have stayed.

Instead, Burns is and will be an anchor on Nicks.
Rahilly has been in Geelong since his TAC Cup days. Played his entire career 8 year career there and over a decade after he finishes playing coaching there, he was going back no matter what.

Why is our assistant coaching panel so bad? Who are we wasting money on?
Same issue as Port.

Any assistant coach has to be rejected by 10 Victorian clubs.

WCE and Freo have a lot of assistants who lived in WA before coaching those clubs. The rest churned out of Vic clubs. Matthew Knights at WCE.....

Happens in other industries as well. Hard to get people to live here who have not lived here.

Don't you live in Melbourne? Would you move to Adelaide for a job?

Burgess on good coin as well.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back