List Mgmt. Max Holmes, Mark O’Connor, Ollie Dempsey, Shannon Neale, and Toby Conway have all inked new deals to extend their time at Kardinia Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news, though would have been happy to see Neale's extension longer than just 1 year - hopefully there's a few more years on the next extension

I suspect Neale had good offers to head home. A one year deal gives him the chance to see if he can break into the team in 2023. I don’t doubt we offered more than one year but he holds the cards here.

Interesting only 1 year extensions for neale and Dempsey. Wonder why?

Dempsey is a rookie & would have only been signed on a 1-year deal; I'm guessing with the 1-year extension it'll be with Ollie staying on the rookie list and both parties then have options next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The re-signing of Conway, Dempsey, Holmes, Neale and O’Connor leaves 12 Cats without a deal for 2023.

They include veterans Joel Selwood, Tom Hawkins, Isaac Smith, Zach Tuohy, Shaun Higgins and Luke Dahlhaus.

Watching the interviews on youtube, how good do they all speak, especially Shannon Neale. Kid is impressive.
I love the way he speaks.... the way Neale, he knows he has to get better, he wants to learn more, his a real matured young bloke who really wants more and more, seems he really enjoys and great full of Geelong in picking him 🙌👌

I love the way he speaks.... the way Neale, he knows he has to get better, he wants to learn more, his a real matured young bloke who really wants more and more, seems he really enjoys and great full of Geelong in picking him 🙌👌

Screams future leader IMO. Just a really balanced and logical point of view and he's very articulate and uses his words well to convey his POI.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back