Multiplat Max Payne 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know a cheap digital distributor? My usual outlets are getting jacked up in price which is extremely annoying.
Also what's with the slight delay in the PC release?

If you have YLOD, buy a new PS3. I got mine repaired and it only last another 8 months.

Thanks for the heads-up. The problem with mine tho was the electrical storm ages ago caused my PS3 to not recognize ethernet or wireless connections anymore. I started ****ing around with the formating etc, and bob's your uncle, i made it worse that when trying to re-install the factory settings, and it needs to auto-restart, it doesn't auto-restart, so it can never fix itself.

I think/hope that's $100 fixable by one of those repair places.

You can pay through CC on paypal right?

Do you know when they ship it out?

Yep, you can pay via paypal, and fund your paypal account via CC.

It says they start shipping upon release on 18th May, and ship approx 24 hours after payment has been received. Estimated delivery 3-7 business days.

For anyone who is still looking for a cheap copy online, check out this Aussie seller on eBay who is selling it for $52 for the first 800 copies sold + free shipping Australia wide! They are English import versions, but they are PAL so are compatible regardless.

Get in quick! :thumbsu:

http://groupbuy.ebay.com.au/

nice one :thumbsu:

when I went through checkout it said only 180 left on 360 so get in quick

Anyone know a cheap digital distributor? My usual outlets are getting jacked up in price which is extremely annoying.
Also what's with the slight delay in the PC release?
Gonna guess Diablo 3.
Yeah, coming out tomorrow. Will be picking up my copy on Friday when i get back from qld conference. Hanging out with Randy Pitchford of Gearbox fame. Showing us Aliens Colonial Marines. /namedrop
You give us this and don't give us anything.

So...why was DNF so s**t?!:(

But srsly, what's Aliens like...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 chapters in.

Absolutely incredible so far. Could listen to Max internally monologue for days.

Attention to detail is insane, could just walk around the areas admiring the work, if it wasn't for having to move onto the next area to keep going.

The attention to detail extends to the voice work, which applies itself beautifully and naturally when you go to certain spots or find things in the environment. Again, could listen to it for days. At one point I did a shoot dive and slammed into the wall, my partner yells out 'what was that in aid of?':D

Gameplay wise, it's not as corridor shooty as Max Payne 1 & 2, more open areas. The aiming felt a little swimmy at first to me, so I toned the sensitivity down a little bit, now it feels better. There's some awkwardness with the aiming when in cover and aiming out of it, just can't seem to nail the spot I want to aim at right away.

Am playing on Hard and it's VERY tough. You don't take much damage before death and there's not a whole lot of painkillers around to save yourself either. Would probably recommend Normal if you just want to get the most fun out of it, after playing the first few on Hard.

The story isn't as Max Payne like as 1 or 2 either, though it's still nice and gritty and dark. Not a whole lot of the film Noir tricks of the first two though tbh, a little more straight forward dark story.

LOVING IT!!!!!:heart:

You playing on PS3? How are the controls? IE what is used for bullet time etc
Yeah PS3.

The controls are a little hard to get used to at first, but are intuitive enough.

You can change the controls to be almost how you want, you have 4 layouts to choose from plus some other minor options. Aiming/Shooting on default is L2/R2, I changed that to L1/R1 (that's an option).

Bullet time is activated by clicking the right stick in, shootdodge (jump and bullet time) is R2 if you've got the L1/R1 aiming/shooting or R1 if L2/R2 aiming/shooting.

Cover is square and reloading is circle, this is probably the hardest thing to remember as it's usually the other way around. Although looking now, Type 4 has cover circle and reloading square. Might give that one a go for a little bit (BAH! Now I'm too used to the other system!:eek:).

Is that the one were you test/play and see all the new stuff Glenno?

Sure is, but being so close to E3, no games were played, just had presentations. Did see some new gameplay of recently announced game that has never been seen before, but can't what game it was from due to a secrecy agreement. It will be shown at E3 though.

Can say that I saw the new Hitman trailer that will be shown at E3 and saw Bioshock Infinite being played in front of me on a 5 meter screen!

Gonna guess Diablo 3.You give us this and don't give us anything.

So...why was DNF so s**t?!:(

But srsly, what's Aliens like...?

DNF?

Aliens won game of the show, but it didn't float my boat. I voted for AC3, saw gameplay for that. It made me happy :thumbsu:

Sure is, but being so close to E3, no games were played, just had presentations. Did see some new gameplay of recently announced game that has never been seen before, but can't what game it was from due to a secrecy agreement. It will be shown at E3 though.
The Last Of Us hey?
Don't reply if Im right ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back