Multiplat Max Payne 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I am up to the rooftop bit of that part, is it near the end?
Very close to the end.

In terms of how I played, I found myself sticking put and planning my attacks worked better.

At times I almost took the option to die first just to get an idea of where everyone was and what the best way to attack the situation was going to be. Taking it to more of a puzzle like scenario for the combat. Because there's a finite number of enemies it means that you can attack it in ways that you if you think about it more first it becomes more fun. Was always a shitty part of COD's when rushing over a line was better than taking out the enemies, they have moved away slightly from that more recently.

Occasionally I'd rush and fumble my way through (stadium where Passos covers you being that part). But for the most part I attacked each situation as differently as I could through on the fly planning.

Sit behind cover at the start of that checkpoint, pick off a few people above your level, but dont sit there long, then bull-rush. When the shaking of the building stops use bullettime, on/off to get your target on them, polish off the few guys there and the guys around the corner when you run thru under that iron piece, then bullettime again as you round the corner to get rid of those two guys, then back to normal, enter that room there for two painkillers, then exit and head to the open gate, bullettime again bull-rushing thru there as you get rid of the two guys there. Then back to normal, sit behind cover, and bullettime the two guys on the roof there, then off, then the boss comes out with the heavy machine gun, bullettime thru as you try to pump all your bullets into his head region, dont waste bullets on his armored vest. Just keep pumping, he'll die.

Love, save us once
We’ll fall from where we crawled
Love, save us once
Beware of what you want
Trust us now, it’s time to let me go
Give up on us, I know what you want
Give up, give our soul away
…, save us once
We’ll never let go where we are
…, save us once
You’ll never wake up
What you thought you want
Give up on us, I know what you want
Give up, give our soul away

The rooftop part is really giving me the shits, probably done 15-20 times and I still can't do it.

I get to the top where that **** with that big **** off machine gun and then the ****ing building blows up I run out of time and I crack the shits.

Came here to post the same thing. Gave up twice the last two nights after putting in about half hour into it each time. The game to this point has been a breeze after a few deaths you figure out the best way to do it... Here, I can't.
Good to read above that there's a room with 2 painkillers as I have none (til I die 5 times and it gives you one)
How do you kill that heavy? (7 times out of 10 I get up to the heavy and just die trying to hide, the rest, I don't even make it that far.. So sad.)

You have to just aim quickly, with bullettime, when he arrives, target over head, and just pump non-stop.

Why a little earlier you dont waste your bullettime bar, and why you dont waste time behind cover. Remember, the building is about to blow, you have to act brazenly. First pick off those guys above you from cover either with or without b/time. If you use b/time here, it's just to quickly get the target over the head, then take b/time off and fire till theyre dead. Then immediately get up, and move forward toward the enemies on your level. There's a shake of the building, wait for it first, then bull-rush towards that fallen iron piece, briefly b/time on to get the target over enemies, then b/time off to preserve it, shoot them dead. Then as you go under that bar, quick on/off b/time to target the guys on the other side. Then when you round the corner, guys on the stairs, on/off quickly to target, etc etc, those two painkillers in the room there are priceless so you can outlast the boss guy.

When you reach that heavy machine gun boss, you cant afford to sit there firing and taking cover, firing and taking cover. You have to quickly take cover behind that bit of cement, quickly target his head, bullettime right thru and just pump the bullets, quick reload if need be, continue pumping. No time to duck and hide, duck and hide, otherwise he kills you or the building blows up.

Also, by now thru the game, you would've sussed out how when youre behind cover you can move the camera round so that when you press AIM the cross-hair is already over the enemy. This helps to preserve b/time, where you move the camera around, AIM, there might be a few millimeters to move the cross-hair, quickly b/time and get the aim spot on, then take b/time off, and fire.

finished this in just two sittings. I.....don't know what I think of it, at times it felt like the coolest action game ever and then at others it was a frustrating chore. I do feel like replaying at a higher level so that's a good sign at least.

Came here to post the same thing. Gave up twice the last two nights after putting in about half hour into it each time. The game to this point has been a breeze after a few deaths you figure out the best way to do it... Here, I can't.
Good to read above that there's a room with 2 painkillers as I have none (til I die 5 times and it gives you one)
How do you kill that heavy? (7 times out of 10 I get up to the heavy and just die trying to hide, the rest, I don't even make it that far.. So sad.)

Yeah I died getting to cover as well. The ****ing building shaking, being under pressure due to lack of time also doesn't ****ing help either.

Haha! The rooftop of the Imperial Hotel? I found to be one of the easiest parts of the game. Probably because it was around here that I discovered the existance of bulletime! Up until then I'd really had only played the game like a FPS shooter with a tiny sprinkle of shotdodge thrown in and had barely touched the cover feature. :eek:

I must be right at the end, am LAW rocketing the armoured police tank in the carpark atm but turned the game off dune to it being 5am.... Might give multiplayer another crack later and reconsider returning or not.

In the meantime copped this stoopid glitch that wouldn't let me do much more than move around and view only 20 degrees either side of some non existent target. Luckily I was invincible and could eat enemy fire like a champ, till some bloke melee-ed me in the back of the skull then it was all systems go....

Even had time for a super dodgy iPhone cap.

[YOUTUBE]e6BG-c1XUuM[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you want to download 28gb, physical copy is the way to go.

The place I got it at for $45 is sold out.

Bandwidth isn't an issue, price is. :p
Still can't see it listed anywhere reasonably priced, so will just go through an online retailer.

$45 from Ozgameshop, too easy.

Ships from the UK though, will take a while to get here. If you weren't bothered by that, you could have got it from The Hut/Zavvi for ~$40 with 2x bonus blu-rays.

Much like games, I really don't want physical copies of anything (unless it's a collector's sort of deal), takes up space and isn't all that convenient. Besides I only have one Blu-ray player being my PS3, so I generally just acquire all my HD TV shows/Movies and dump them onto my media center. Much easier.

I'm sure I'll get over the $5 difference :p, I'm not entirely strapped for cash, just not keen on paying twice as much as what I should be. Mongrels. :p

I'm up to chapter 14 at present, but by far the coolest part of the game so far, and I don't think anything will top it has been when
you are automatically thrown into bullet time in the police terminal sort of thing and you bullet time across a 20 ft or so room shooting enemies on an adjacent rooftop in a Matrix like sequence.
Simply awesome, it was incredible, my jaw literally dropped.

Probably one of the coolest things I've experienced in gaming.

Yeah I did mention that as one of my favorites too. There are many of those automatic bullet-time sequences thruout the game where you're rolling across something, holding onto something falling, and you have to shoot a bunch of enemies before the bullet-time ends. One of the annoying ones for me was early on when you're hanging on to the helicopter and it took me a bit long before realizing what you had to do d'oh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back