MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

NATTE BY 3 GOALS, TOWNIE BOG, Prickles got plenty of it, Fox great game also at CHB

Well done Natte
Well deserved,
Maybe that's the future in country football,
Open the cheque book halfway the year so you can win a flag,
Pay big dollars for eight rounds instead of 16 rounds,
Savings of 30K right , maybe not that much but you get my point

Well done Natte
Well deserved,
Maybe that's the future in country football,
Open the cheque book halfway the year so you can win a flag,
Pay big dollars for eight rounds instead of 16 rounds,
Savings of 30K right , maybe not that much but you get my point

A flags a flag

Good Call - Not King Rich from a few posts back
Who's everyones tip to win it? I'd say it's a battle in four in Lexton,
Maldon X, Brook & Navarre. Other clubs seem to have dropped off although I still see Natte (with the late year inclusion of Ian Martin you love him ex Talbot boy) and Dunolly (if they gel and can get them all on the park at the right time) get to play as dangers. (Your boys from TOP END) you better qualify the boys you are believed to be trying to get down, learn from The GREAT JAMES's mistake.

I've only seen Brook and Maldon this year. Didnt rate Brook at all but they had quite a few out that day. Maldon certainly has all the tools to take it out.
BAD CALL
The Botter coach in waiting, does that mean you get to pick yourself in the 1's next year, See your Big Comments next year Super Coach :thumbsdown:EXPERT

Yeah nice pot shot Boots, good on ya buddy. Due to my position I won't be posting much at all next season as I'm sure you could understand.

Well what a massive year in footy, i am new to this big footy caper but just thought i would post a few thoughts and questions, i have watched all footy grand finals in the district barring MCDFL.
- Speaking to an Avoca identity yesterday and told me they had chased a Central highlands league gun full forward Lee Brown as their coach for next year. Outcome wasn't what they wanted...I think he would have torn this league apart!!! Apparently his sister is tied with North Ballarat Rebels as well, with some very good contacts. Bad miss for Avoca in my opinion. Who will they look to next?
- Query on how the new teams into the league went this year, do you see these clubs having an influence again next year.
Well preseason starts in less than a month for some ballarat clubs when do clubs in the MCDFL start?
It never ends does it!!!

New clubs Natte Bealiba, Lexton and Navarre certainly did alright. There's no reason to think won't be up there again next season.
In fact, they've set a new standard the others will have to strive towards. Makes you worry about some of the perennial cellar-dwellars: How long can they keep going as they are?

Rumor has it that Lexton have/are likely to sign on some very handy Chfl midfielders for next season, a couple of young mids from C/L I hear. Anyone have any confirmation on this?

Rumor has it that Lexton have/are likely to sign on some very handy Chfl midfielders for next season, a couple of young mids from C/L I hear. Anyone have any confirmation on this?
"very handy chfl midfielders" you write, ive seen both these boys play the last 2 seasons and i'd describe them as "borderline senior outside players"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is coaching Rovers this year?

I think these are all appointed.
Not sure about Harcourt, Natte and Trentham?

Avoca – Adrian Pilgrim
Campbells Creek – Sean Smith
Carisbrook – Luke Treacy & Ben Kick
Dunolly – Tony Bellenger
Harcourt –
Lexton – Shane Fisher
Maldon – Scott Whitehead
Natte –
Navarre – Daniel Parkin
Newstead – Ross Smith
Rovers – Scott Sellers
Royal Park – Justin Perry
Talbot – Troy Cunningham
Trentham -

I think these are all appointed.
Not sure about Harcourt, Natte and Trentham?

Avoca – Adrian Pilgrim
Campbells Creek – Sean Smith
Carisbrook – Luke Treacy & Ben Kick
Dunolly – Tony Bellenger
Harcourt –
Lexton – Shane Fisher
Maldon – Scott Whitehead
Natte –
Navarre – Daniel Parkin
Newstead – Ross Smith
Rovers – Scott Sellers
Royal Park – Justin Perry