Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An article by Masters (who I can't stand) in the age today insinuates that the Lions may be drawn into the Hunt scandal because of his "close" association to players.

An article by Masters (who I can't stand) in the age today insinuates that the Lions may be drawn into the Hunt scandal because of his "close" association to players.

I read the article without noting the byline and it really felt like that part was just throwing mud around to see what sticks, to be it sounder bigger than it was. Being Masters just confirms that.

Oh and I didn't think any of the lions players, current or ex, apart from Scott Harding, were particularly close to Hunt.

Oh and I didn't think any of the lions players, current or ex, apart from Scott Harding, were particularly close to Hunt.
Harley Bennell stayed on the basis of hunt's guidance. Would suggest there is some relationship, but that is me just throwing s**t to see what sticks.

Harley Bennell stayed on the basis of hunt's guidance. Would suggest there is some relationship, but that is me just throwing s**t to see what sticks.

You could be a journo at The Age?

With supply charges and the syndicate big wigs being ex league players it's hard to imagine anything other than possession charges if it does expand. Possession charges usually come about from raids or being caught in possession while out and about which is incredibly difficult to keep quiet.

The safe money is that unless there are seperate individual links to the syndicate you aren't going to see many players without associations through rugby league end up involved.

Sorry to panic people. Browny just did a Lions presser and of course the press picked up on a couple of questions on drugs. Basically to summarise the great man "I'm not an expert on drugs". Presser is on the clubs website.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to panic people. Browny just did a Lions presser and of course the press picked up on a couple of questions on drugs. Basically to summarise the great man "I'm not an expert on drugs". Presser is on the clubs website.
Heard the interview. Was very good.

The best thing that could happen to our club in the next few years has happened - Brownie front and centre in the media,. Through him, Greg Swann and Leigh Matthews we will have a voice in Victoria - and through that an influence on HQ decisions - that we have never had. Not even in the premiership years.

As to the interview, you can take the boy out of the country, but you cant take the country out of the boy. Gotta luv him.:thumbsu:

Tom Rockliff is supposed to be on the new afl.com.au streaming show called "First Bounce" this morning. I don't know exactly what time, but it was announced at 7am at the beginning of the program so anytime between now and 9am.

Unfortunately I'm watching from Germany and it keeps dropping out on me... but hopefully someone can get online and take a look!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-26/new-live-show-first-bounce

Last edited:
Hopefully Close gets that real agro and strut going. Best person that could teach him that is Browny himself. Although i think Close is getting more agro, l remember a game (I think Collingwood) where he went for a bloke (several meters away from the play) and shoved him to the ground. Absolutly no need for it and it was epic.

Good to see this come to fruition. After spending a few years in grassroots junior footy this game would not run without the mums, aunts and big sisters. (Little sisters remain tolerated says this oldest of 5).

Lions launch Women of the Pride

The Brisbane Lions today launched “Women of the Pride”, as a host of high-profile Queensland women led a rallying call to get behind the Club.

Christie Leppitsch and Lions Director Sarah Kelly unveiled the new group at The Gabba alongside Captain Tom Rockliff and his mum Jill, supported by 15 of the state’s leading women from sport, business and media to mark International Women’s Day (March 8).

They included Australian Diamonds and Queensland Firebirds Captain Laura Geitz; Olympic and World Champion swimmer Mel Wright; Channel 7’s Kay McGrath; B105’s Abby Coleman; leading businesswomen Maxine Horne and Kath Rose; and representatives from the Club including player and coach partners, administrative staff, long-term members, sponsors, as well as some of the State’s leading female players and AFLQ staff.

Women Of The Pride’s Mission Statement is: “A group of women with a shared passion for the Brisbane Lions working to promote the sporting and financial interests of the Club in a social environment”, and the aims of the group are:

• To grow membership and engage female members;
  • To fundraise for the club and our charitable partners;
  • To provide a legitimate corporate networking option for local professional women;
  • To engage and support players' partners and parents;
  • To support player welfare.
More http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-03-09/lions-launch-women-of-the-pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back