Media alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
After just watching last night's 360 now I am honestly amazed that you managed to come away with this view. He answered back to back questions about the club and aish easily and confidently. Then when talking about other players who are looking for trades had a bit of a joke about taking the heat off him. I guess if people are looking for something negative they will see it.

I and a few other posters got a different read at the time, but if you read through the rest of thread you will see that I retracted my summation of the interview after further consideration. But I
Suppose when you're only looking for something negative about someone or something that's all you see.

After just watching last night's 360 now I am honestly amazed that you managed to come away with this view. He answered back to back questions about the club and aish easily and confidently. Then when talking about other players who are looking for trades had a bit of a joke about taking the heat off him. I guess if people are looking for something negative they will see it.
I actually shared lukius's view of it and unlike him I haven't retracted. I didn't have a good feeling about Leppa's performance in that interview and so far as the Lions are concerned I don't think I am overly negative - except maybe in relation to the Aish situation. We all see things differently which is healthy.

I actually shared lukius's view of it and unlike him I haven't retracted. I didn't have a good feeling about Leppa's performance in that interview and so far as the Lions are concerned I don't think I am overly negative - except maybe in relation to the Aish situation. We all see things differently which is healthy.

Yeah and I retracted on the basis that I understood why I perceived he went awkward, which was the fact it was a jovial interview and he didn't want to get smashed with Scotty standing next to him, so he kind of moved it along, I still think he appeared to lose his composure when the questions were asked.

I and a few other posters got a different read at the time, but if you read through the rest of thread you will see that I retracted my summation of the interview after further consideration. But I
Suppose when you're only looking for something negative about someone or something that's all you see.
I know you went back on it after further consideration. Was just genuinely surprised that someone could have that reaction to it after watching the interview not having a go at you.

Geez everyone's on edge at the moment.

I know you went back on it after further consideration. Was just genuinely surprised that someone could have that reaction to it after watching the interview not having a go at you.

Geez everyone's on edge at the moment.

Narr I know, but clearly the 'only seeing negative' would indicate you believe I have a negative bias.

It was agreed by most here, he looked under siege toward the end of the year at pressers as the negative news rolled out, my initial reaction was he did here too - upon further consideration I agreed he might have wanted to have just rush through the line of questioning given the setting. I really want to see him sit down and be interviewed, keen to hear how he is feeling and looking to respond to the last couple of months.

Last edited:
Narr I know, but clearly the 'only seeing negative' would indicate you believe I have a negative bias.

It was agreed by most here, he looked under siege toward the end of the year at pressers as the negative news rolled out, my initial reaction was he did here too - upon further consideration I agreed he might have wanted to have just rush through the line of questioning given the setting. I really want to see him sit down and be interviewed, keen to hear how he is feeling and looking to respond to the last couple of months.
If be surprised if anyone following the lions this season and off season didn't have some sort of negative bias in the back of their mind whenever they're reading or watching something about our club. God knows I do and I consider myself a look on the bright side type of guy generally. I'd imagine most are struggling to find positives in anything upon first glance.

Was more an observation in general. On the flip side I probably went in expecting it to be pretty bad, which meant when it wasn't that bad I was surprised

It would be great if the race started and a couple of clubs threw some unregistered runners, uber style, in at the last moment. Someone running in thongs, another one in an old gardening shirt. Then a big fight breaks out between the official runners and the uber runners and the whole lot ends up in court.

Generally at the end of every year there's a pretty big interview with the senior coach about stuff - I think Leppa did one of these at the end of last year?

Generally at the end of every year there's a pretty big interview with the senior coach about stuff - I think Leppa did one of these at the end of last year?

Yeah fingers crossed, just a bit concerned because for whatever reason - his media exposure (bar pressers and stick a mike in his face at a game stuff) is basically zero and has been all season. hence the eagerness to actually hear where his head is at, and his hope for the club are at. It should be coming soon, your'e right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back