Meeting between Essendon leaders and Gil at Gil's house according to Channel 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats with the "players play for Hirdy" business?

This is the same bloke who said the Bombers lost the final against North due to a lack of finals experience coz the mean AFL kicked them out of 2013.

The bloke who won the game for North was Ben Brown, who'd never played a final.

A small possibility - Could be that non-sanctioned players ( 2012 ) refuse to play if no decision by the Anti-Doping Tribunal by Round 1.

Well you can cross that off your list of possibilities then.

Essendon and players back flip and now non sanctioned players lobbied the coach, club and playing group saying they want to play NAB game 1 and all agreed they should / will.

So I wonder what changed?

The players and club finally realised that the threat to not play was countered by the AFL allowing / insisting top up players be utilised.

Club and players finally realised the AFL would not be dictated to and young emerging players not tarnished by the Hird led uncontrolled drug program basically said "why should we risk our careers because all these other idiots stuffed up"?

Well you can cross that off your list of possibilities then.

Essendon and players back flip and now non sanctioned players lobbied the coach, club and playing group saying they want to play NAB game 1 and all agreed they should / will.

So I wonder what changed?

The players and club finally realised that the threat to not play was countered by the AFL allowing / insisting top up players be utilised.

Club and players finally realised the AFL would not be dictated to and young emerging players not tarnished by the Hird led uncontrolled drug program basically said "why should we risk our careers because all these other idiots stuffed up"?
I think the culture of Hird may be losing its hold. Watch them scatter!

No rule that says players have to play - Half have refused to play NAB Challenge.

I would bet a body part that you are wrong here.

Each club is contracted to the AFL to put a team out on the park and meet it's obligations to the competition and specifically the TV rights contract.

What you are saying is clubs / players can strike, down tools.........walk off the site.

If players refuse to play they breach their contract to the club.

If a club refuses to field a team it breaches it's contract with the AFL.

If that occurs the AFL would revoke the clubs licence, the players wouldn't have a job in the AFL system.

And then there's the "rule of common sense".:cool:

Whats with the "players play for Hirdy" business?

They appeared to play for Bomber just as effectively. To be honest, I think if you are as generally ambitious and unscrupulous to close your eyes to the strangeness of the injections program (no / not asking about it / not thinking / want to win / ouch / what what that? / want to win / wonder what's in that, no forget it / ouch! / hungry / want to win / ouch!) to the point of not considering your own health even if your reputation isn't of concern - I think that kind of person will blindly follow whatever and whomever is in front of them at the time that promises them an easy ride to the top.

I thought players played for fame, fortune, the fans and the love of the game. And lets not forget the chicks:D

When does Goddard come out of contract BTW?:cool:

Setting the foundation to be appointed the next captain maybe?

I thought players played for fame, fortune, the fans and the love of the game. And lets not forget the chicks:D

When does Goddard come out of contract BTW?:cool:

Setting the foundation to be appointed the next captain maybe?
When you think about it, Goddard might come out of this very nicely indeed. Don't know why everyone is sneering about what a mistake it was to go to Essendon. I think he's in a very good place. He must be, anyway. We'd know otherwise because he would cry or something.

I would bet a body part that you are wrong here.

Each club is contracted to the AFL to put a team out on the park and meet it's obligations to the competition and specifically the TV rights contract.

What you are saying is clubs / players can strike, down tools.........walk off the site.

If players refuse to play they breach their contract to the club.

If a club refuses to field a team it breaches it's contract with the AFL.

If that occurs the AFL would revoke the clubs licence, the players wouldn't have a job in the AFL system.

And then there's the "rule of common sense".:cool:
Me too. Which body part did you choose?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the same bloke who said the Bombers lost the final against North due to a lack of finals experience coz the mean AFL kicked them out of 2013.

The bloke who won the game for North was Ben Brown, who'd never played a final.

Petrie did ok in that game. that kid is looking the goods.

Petrie did ok in that game. that kid is looking the goods.

Petrie kicked the two sealers. The real guns were Wright, Turner, Cunnington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back