Membership Tracker

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my membership the other day and nabbed a seat in the new Eastern Stand (or Hickey as it is known now) right on the win, very happy with that..

They said they really only had single seats left.

Strong hands Magee said:
Still waiting on my first 'Blue and White' email, but GFC say has been updated to 25,160

For weeks they didn't update it.Yesterday they updated it to 24,359 and now it's gone up again.

Not a bad total when you consider a lot of people [i.e people from Warrnambool and Western District areas] don't buy their memberships until they attend the 1st home game.

The NAB Cup win isn't going to hurt numbers. All of a sudden the 30,900 target stated by the club is looking conservative. I remember lining up for my membership at the start of the H&A season for the past couple of years and waiting for ever... 6000 more should be a cinch.

I'm all paid up already this season, despite the fact I won't be back in Australia at all this season. It's going to kill me being away in our breakthrough Premiership season ;)

I think it's a bit simplistic to accept raw numbers on their merit. It is really the type of members that count. e.g. Clubs that have a large number of country members would not be profiting all that much from the country memberships which are substantially cheaper, because they only cover a few home games. On the other hand, clubs which have a higher than average number of coterie members could well be doing better than a club boasting higher raw numbers.

No rush on memberships since Geelong's victory

Stuart Fox
Tuesday, March 21
KATE JOHNSTONE

THE Cats' NAB Cup win could help steer the club towards another record-breaking membership tally for 2006.
The club yesterday urged members to jump on board after signing up a record 30,900 fans last season.

Business operations manager Stuart Fox yesterday said he was confident the club could better that figure and succeed in reaching its target of 32,000.

``The win helps in all areas of the club, merchandise sales are up 25 per cent,'' Fox said.

``It has helped and it will help us reach a new record again.''

But Fox stressed members needed to join up now to make the target number a reality.

He said there had been no massive influx of numbers since the win over Adelaide on Saturday night.

``At the moment we are 7 per cent up on the last year which is about 1500 members,'' he said. ``We have 25,760 members today.''

He said about 300 to 400 people had signed up over the internet during the NAB Cup win.

``But we know already there are about 4500 members who have not joined from last year,'' he said.

``This is our opportunity to jump a few clubs in terms of membership numbers.

``Membership is one of the most important areas of the club outside of football. Members really are the heart and soul of the club.''

The Cats' 23.2 per cent membership increase in 2005 was the highest increase of any AFL club. It also netted the club in excess of $700,000 in budget surplus.

Fox said Geelong aimed to build its membership base to 36,000 in the next three years to become one of the powerhouses in the league.

He said the main bonus of the pre-season was that it had given the club free-to-air coverage.

``About 2.5 million viewers of television saw us at work,'' he said..

``Television exposes the club and our brand nationally which money cannot buy. It exposes us to people who are not members.''

I just saw the charge appear on my online banking today, so I'm part of the 25,761, and have been a Member since 2002 now. This is the 5th year, of what should be another 50, assuming I make it to an old codger at 75yrs old, cheering for Gaz Jnr III.
Good to see that they had no troubles with my American visa card, and I can now get Dad to post my membership sticker to the USA! :)

kriso182 said:
On March 23, 2005 - We had 26,026 breaking our previous record.

So going on last years figures a lot of people signed up in the 4 weeks leading up to round 1. Could hit 30K by Round 1 this year.

How can the club say we are 1,700 ahead of last year. At the exact same stage last year we broke our previous record hitting 26,000. We havent even got there yet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fans signing on in droves

Wednesday, March 29
Geelong Advertiser _ Sarah Bieske

GEELONG Football Club is cashing in on its NAB Cup Grand Final win with 27,000 fans now signed members for season 2006.
The figure is nine per cent up on the club's membership total this time last year and is expected to continue to surge through to the weekend when the Cats line up against Brisbane Lions at Skilled Stadium for round one of the AFL season on Saturday.

Chief operating officer Stuart Fox said the club was on target to set another membership record and encouraged supporters to jump onboard.

``Roughly we've signed over 2000 more members than this time last year, so it's looking really positive and we're pretty excited about the prospect of beating last year's figure,'' he said.

``The last few weeks there has been a steady increase. The phones are running hot and it's certainly shaping up to be a really good year. If we can still be 9 per cent up at the closing of membership sales we'll be around the 33,000 mark which would be terrific.''

The Cats signed a record 30,900 members last year.

Their previous record was in 2000 with 25,500.

The club will set-up membership sales tents at the Bob Davis and Polly Farmer gates on Saturday.

Fox has encouraged supporters to get to the ground early to avoid missing out on the season opener.

Reserved seating is sold out but he said there was still plenty of general admission seating and standing room available.

``We are looking at a full house and the last thing we want to do is turn people away, so we're encouraging people to get down to the ground early to avoid disappointment,'' he said.

``We've been a dominant force at our home ground and we want that to continue so we want as many people wearing blue and white as possible.''

I joined up yesterday (like always I left it to the last minute). The girl on the phone said the numbers were somewhere above 27,000. Absolutely crucial for us to take advantage of the first 3 rounds being at Geelong. If we can somehow manage to win all 3 we'll comfortably eclipse the 30,000 mark.

I wonder if the AFL members with Geelong Support have been added to that number. Theres a few of us, me included!

So they expect to sell over 5500 more memberships (3000 to reach last years total + the supposed 9% rise at the same stage last year) post round 1? I thought the NAB cup would give more of a boost than it has but surely we won't get that many to sign up now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back